2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Smart Buy
By blazojon on 01/03/08 17:46 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I did lots of research before buying my first vehicle and I found the Focus to be the best bang for my buck. My main interests in the Focus were the great exterior and interior looks along with the great gas mileage. I considered the Maza3, the Hyundai Elantra and the Mitsubishi Lancer, and I am very pleased I chose the Focus. I chose the SES trim with traction control.

Very Impressed with the New Focus
By NormanG on 01/02/08 15:50 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was originally interested in the Fusion but dragged my feet a while. Now I am glad I did when the 08 focus came out I saved a lot. The Focus sync system is very cool I have an MP3 player and it works even without batteries in it. I do not have a blue tooth phone but a friend does and we tested it out with his also very nice. If I ever get a Bluetooth it will be a really nice feature. The looks are fun and the ride is great. Very quit overall I was very impressed! I test a Cobalt Corolla and Civic after I decide to go with this class of car. I really thought the Focus won hands down.

Good little car
By Bryan on 01/01/08 10:52 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This little car is more than what I expected for the cost. I would have to say it moves nicely and does not have any issues getting around for a little 2.0 liter. I am happy to lower my payments as this is a great car for the money, I would choose it over a Honda civic any day of the week. Our other car is a 06’ Honda Accord and the Focus is quieter than my fully loaded V6 Accord. The interior is clean and well thought out as the controls with the satellite radio and sync take a little getting used to. I will have to say that “The Sync is far superior to the i-control of the BMW 5 series and the Honda Accord that I own.” This is a gas saver and a great commuter car and garage others

Merely adequate
By JR on 12/16/07 12:53 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is my company car. It has ABS and traction control, as well as Sync. The radio is disappointing - It fades in and out, like the digital receiver isn't always picking up those Fm stations clearly. No static, just high quality sound to all of a sudden poor quality sound. The exterior is not attractive. I've heard "at least this is better than before." I disagree. I think the old Focus was quite attractive, and Ford should have totally reengineered it (i.e., the new Euro Focus) rather than reskin this one - it just isn't up to par. That being said, I love the traction control; it's very reassuring while driving in snow. The interior is functional and attractive, w/ nice lighting.

Ford got this one right (mostly)
By Joseph on 11/26/07 19:46 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This review refers only to the base coupe S model. I bought a 2 door with a 5 speed manual transmission, so bear that in mind as you read further. Also keep in mind this is an economy car. If you want high performance look elswhere. Ford quality is way up these last many years. My base model with manual transmission has plenty of power and a nice tight suspension for a gas sipper. 2008 models have totally new exterior styling from the earlier Foci, and in my opinion are much better looking. Interior controls are simple, without silly frills. Dashboard gauge design is boring. The trunk space is huge, and the rear seats can be folded down. Incredibly quiet and solid.

Great Compact Sedan
By Nate on 11/19/07 20:28 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The interior is quite nice. The cloth seats are comfortable and the dash layout is uncluttered and easy to use. The radio controls have nice tactile feedback. The engine is peppy and unlike some other sedans in this class, the Focus doesn't feel underpowered merging or passing on the freeway. No regrets in first few months after purchase so far.

Excellent
By when d on 11/14/07 13:42 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Better than expected. the 5 speed is a delight to drive, clean shifting, >30 mpg already (<1000mi) on ~75% highway/25%city driving. I find the exterior fresh - it makes me smile to see it in the parking lot. The interior is pleasant & modern. Quiet drive (unlike '07). SES comes with electrochromic mirror and trip calculator (mpg, mi to mt, fuel effeciency...). Brand new so reliability rating hopeful (good warranty). Definitely worth checking out!

Love the car
By Charlie on 11/12/07 07:41 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus is a wonderful car. For the money it has better features than the Corolla. I like the Focus' interior. The exterior is something I love. I'm very enamored with this car.

The Best Compact Car I've Known
By Mike on 10/11/07 17:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving Civic for 6 years and kind of tired of driving no-character car. Finally I was hooked up by the new Focus, especially the cool design. Unexpectedly, the interior was also neat and clean. Very quiet, too. I traded in my Civic with no regret. Frankly, I didn't know Ford has come this far matching, actually exceeding Japanese sedans. Great work, Ford!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.