2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Talk about getting bang for the buck!
By NewFocusFan on 03/11/08 22:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car totally rocks. For less then 18k I have Bluetooth for the phone and the best voice recognition system on the market. The USB port that takes darn-near every media player- without a special cable (you use your normal USB)is outstanding. It even plays songs off of a thumbdrive if you dont have a Zune or ipod! It is very snappy around town, and fine on the highway- the seats are very high and the headroom is remarkable.

Focus Happy
By Ferdman on 03/01/08 18:20 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 30 miles each way to work and needed a fuel efficient car. The Focus is a pleasure to drive. The driver's seat is very comfortable and the only comfort I would wish for is a telescoping steering wheel. After 4 tanks of gas I am getting 31.2 mpg in mixed driving which is about 60 percent highway. Handling is delightful with responsive steering and agile cornering. I got the SYNC system and boy am I pleased. Nothing like a USB port in the dash that allows you can plug an 8 gig memory stick full of music. Between the memory stick, Sirius Radio and CD stacker I will never suffer for lack of entertainment. So far no defects or immediate fix items. Very happy Focus owner.

Fun to drive
By rossflow on 02/24/08 15:42 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Haven't had the SES to long but I am impressed with the quality and ride. The leather seats are very coomfortable and ride nicely. Transmission shifts at the right speeds and times, suspension is tight but not too tight and sterring is responsive.

Awesome!
By Liz on 02/21/08 15:57 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! I got it at the beginning of the month and it is such a great ride! Fun, agile and responsive! Looks to die for and incredible gas mileage (26 city/37.8 hwy and it's an automatic) I'm so proud of my first brand new car!

02/08 Ford Focus SE
By kenn33 on 02/20/08 08:18 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm getting 38.8 ave mpg! Wow this is more than I had hoped for. The car is quiet and has a nice ride but its not a town car by no means. All the features are easy to use. Cruise works better going up hill than down on my 5 speed, it let it get about 5 mph faster down hill. We got a small amount of snow yesterday but it wasn't enough to test the traction control. The heater heats up quickly and has it very hot inside the car in about 20 minutes. The ABS stops the car quickly.

1 Word: Awesome!
By Jenna on 02/18/08 09:58 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Some may think I "downgraded" to the Focus from my fully-loaded 2005 Five Hundred Limited, but I love this car like no other. It handles like a sportscar, the mileage is fantastic (I commute 450 mi./week), and it's just fun! I took 4 friends shopping this weekend and while it was a bit of a tight fit in the backseat, we were fairly comfortable and the trunk was large enough for all our purchases. My husband can't wait for me to get sick of it so he can drive it more often; that won't happen any time soon! I would recommend the Focus to anyone looking for an economical, sporty little car. For all the features at these prices (not to mention the current incentives), you can't go wrong.

Love my car
By Trent on 02/09/08 09:55 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far the car has been a blast to drive. The 5 speed manual trans is smooth and the clutch is very responsive. road noise is a thing of the past so far, and I love the responsivness of the suspension and steering.

Best car I've ever owned or driven!
By Jackie on 02/07/08 12:38 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This little car is a luxury car without the price. I call it my dreamboat car. It rides quiet and solid, standard transmission shifts smooth as butter, and I'm getting 38 mpg even without being on any interstate. Amazing improvements from my 2005 Focus--there is no comparison!

Above Expectations
By Rick on 02/05/08 10:24 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the best cars I have ever had. I've had Hondas, Ford, Isuzu, Nissan, Volvo, GM, Toyota The build quality is exceptional, it is very quiet, the transmission (auto) doesn't hunt for the right gear it seems to just know at the right time to down or upshift. Traction control is very good, the Active Sync is fantastic, the heated seats very good, seating position very good. The ride is pretty good, a little firm ,but I like it a little sporty.

Much better cars that are higher priced
By mrtoastee on 02/03/08 15:33 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First let me say, this car looks good, inside and out. The engine is very zippy, the shifting is very smooth (I have the automatic), interior is quiet, seats comfy, steering is responsive, steering wheel is great, and dash layout is clean. Interior is not bland in my version.I love that there are no cubby holes in the dash and everything is smooth and metallic looking. This translates to no dust or dirt getting stuck in corners, on buttons, or dark spaces which is a plus I believe. Radio gets bad reception? Not mine, I have satellite radio that came with it, and yes.. the same small radio antennae. Maybe you should check wattage on radio stations you choose, mine picks up radio from France.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Focus in WA is:

$160 per month*