Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I love my car
By Sam O

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a manual Focus and overall it's a great car. I would pick it over the Cobalt any day. Personally Im used to trucks. Until now thats all I've driven. I switched due to the fuel prices. At first I was kind of scared because I'm not used to being so low to the ground. I was used to being up high in my F-250. Don't get me wrong I love my trucks, but I also love my car. All the air bags make you feel safe. It's a car that can definitely get up and go. Although it's a 4 cylinder it's got some power. Definitely not worried when I'm passing other cars. It seats comfortably and even when you have a full car of 5 adults it doesn't feel like your too squished. Overall I love my Focus. Definitely worth it.

Favorite Features

Can't complain about the stereo. Definitely a great stock stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

I think it needs more cup holders. There's only one in the back.

Focus Review
By Terry

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I would get out of my F150. I bought this to save gas and it really does. I get around 35 on the hiway. It's a really fun car to drive so my truck sits in the drive most of the time now. Thanks Ford. Buy American!

2008 Vermillion Ford Focus SE Automatic
By Lloyd

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the new style, solidness, room, ease for my elderly parents to enter and exit. I traded a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am Se 4 door with almost 128,000 on it. Things were starting to go so I thought I would follow my younger sister's footsteps and get a Focus. I am very pleased with it and look forward to driving it. I average between 30 and 34 mpg combined driving. This is the first Ford I have ever had. At least go check one out.

Favorite Features

Styling (front and new taillights), good ride and visibility, easy entry and exit. Nice dash layout. Easy to read instrument panel controls. Message center.comfortable ride. Pzev engine. Location of coffee cup holders. Nice and deep.

Suggested Improvements

Heater ducts under front seats for rear passengers, passenger assist grips, rear seat lighting(maybe domelight for the rear compartment or a dome light in the middle of the roof. A remote trunk release from the passenger compartment, especially for those Focuses who don't have remote control entry.

Exceeding max MPG
By Dave

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After being shot down by Massachusetts car dealers, I purchased my Focus SE in Salem NH. As advertised, the car had a mileage range from 29 mpg to 41mpg. Sticker average was 35 mpg. I found that the 5 speed manual transmission outperforms the 4 speed automatic. With 80% highway driving at 2500 RPM, just over 65 MPH, I average 41 mpg, easily. I once had this car performing better in the mileage catergory at 55 MPH. I actually attained 42.6 mpg. This is the reason I purchased the car. I am totally satisfied with it. It's also fun to drive. I wonder if Ford will Offer a 6 speed manual transmission in future models.

Favorite Features

Sirius sattelite radio is new to me but I do like it. The car is quick and I've got to be careful not to burn rubber. Shifting on the fly is excellent. Visibility is very good.

Suggested Improvements

There is way too much chrome on the front end. Spoiler should be available on all models. The "Focus" decal on the doors, as seen in the flyer should be made available sooner. The car looks sporty and improvements on decor at in order

Not What I Expected
By Logan

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a few months for a new car and had been to every dealership I could find and had found a few cars in the 25,000 to 30,000 dollar range. When I found the Focus it had everything I wanted and I only paid 21,000. I've put 18,000 km on and drive it like I stole it. The only thing I would change is a little more pop on the bottom end of the automatic and rear disc brakes

Favorite Features

Leather, SYNC

Suggested Improvements

Rear disc brakes and power