Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 252 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Best car in its class!
By TrueReview

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Early this year, I purchased an all base model 2008 Ford Focus. I drive a whole lot and need something with good mileage but also family safe since we had our first baby on the way. We drove everything in its class and spent at least a good month researching what would fit us best. I have a strong dis-taste for most Asian vehicles, but even so we test drove the Civic, Fit, Corolla, Echo, Yaris, Impreza etc etc. We ended up picking the Focus for its great value and still the best mileage overall. Rated better than the Aveo! I drive this vehicle every day and love it to death! Its great fun to drive, spacious for a little car and still smooth and powerful! Very safe too. Great job Ford!

Almost perfect manual transmission, aluminum engine block makes it very light and improves mileage in the summer because it runs so cool. Huge trunk. Great suspension. Nice seat set up for diver, very commanding view of the road. Safety. Great sound insulation.

Put some carpet on the doors, too much plastic. Whistles with certain crosswinds sometimes on freeway. Wish they had a AWD option. Manual windows not thought through well, I hit my knuckles on the door tray every time I wind them up or down, I'm a big guy. Stock tires (Hankook Optimo) stink.

Corolla Killer
By Will

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wasn't in the market for a new car until I was helping my sister buy her first new car and saw what a great deal the Focus was. I was able to get it for $13,200 out the door and loved everything about it. I had an 06 Corolla CE in manual and hated it. The quality of the Focus engine is well known (probably better than the Corolla) and so far the fuel economy is better. The Focus looks, runs, and drives better. I have to say I love this great American car.

I love the manual transmission. AUX input is a necessary feature for today's cars and Ford realizes it. Nice speakers and handling to boot.

Seats are a little uncomfortable on the really long drives. You feel as if your falling forward. The interior handles are easily broken (they are too far forward and don't have enough leverage.

I love my car
By Sam O

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a manual Focus and overall it's a great car. I would pick it over the Cobalt any day. Personally Im used to trucks. Until now thats all I've driven. I switched due to the fuel prices. At first I was kind of scared because I'm not used to being so low to the ground. I was used to being up high in my F-250. Don't get me wrong I love my trucks, but I also love my car. All the air bags make you feel safe. It's a car that can definitely get up and go. Although it's a 4 cylinder it's got some power. Definitely not worried when I'm passing other cars. It seats comfortably and even when you have a full car of 5 adults it doesn't feel like your too squished. Overall I love my Focus. Definitely worth it.

Can't complain about the stereo. Definitely a great stock stereo system.

I think it needs more cup holders. There's only one in the back.

Focus Review
By Terry

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I would get out of my F150. I bought this to save gas and it really does. I get around 35 on the hiway. It's a really fun car to drive so my truck sits in the drive most of the time now. Thanks Ford. Buy American!

2008 Vermillion Ford Focus SE Automatic
By Lloyd

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the new style, solidness, room, ease for my elderly parents to enter and exit. I traded a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am Se 4 door with almost 128,000 on it. Things were starting to go so I thought I would follow my younger sister's footsteps and get a Focus. I am very pleased with it and look forward to driving it. I average between 30 and 34 mpg combined driving. This is the first Ford I have ever had. At least go check one out.

Styling (front and new taillights), good ride and visibility, easy entry and exit. Nice dash layout. Easy to read instrument panel controls. Message center.comfortable ride. Pzev engine. Location of coffee cup holders. Nice and deep.

Heater ducts under front seats for rear passengers, passenger assist grips, rear seat lighting(maybe domelight for the rear compartment or a dome light in the middle of the roof. A remote trunk release from the passenger compartment, especially for those Focuses who don't have remote control entry.