Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Very Good Car
By amdrewhikes

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car and have been very pleased with its performance. For a 4 cyl engine it has plenty of power. Excellent value for the money!

Favorite Features

Very good power, handles well, good gas mileage and nicely designed

Suggested Improvements

Adding anti lock brakes, cruise control, more seat padding.

Good For the Money
By focus

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car looks good. It's a five speed which is fun to drive. I've always driven an automatic. The cruise works great. Handling is good. I've only got about 300 miles on the car and I get about 23-25mpg city and in town mixed w/air on. Mileage probably get better when it gets broken in better.

Favorite Features

Looks great for an economy car. Feels sporty since it's two door five speed. On trips it will get better mileage since most miles will be on highway. But 23-25 in town is not too bad considering I use the a/c all the time.

Suggested Improvements

The car did not come with a spare since it has 16" wheels. Has a fix a flat type system. My parents 4-door has a spare. Just think that small tire would not work well with the 16" wheels mine has, as my parents Focus has 15" wheels.

Not Happy, Got big lemon.
By Andrew

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've had too many issues with our Focus. We had it in twice because of a faulty stereo. Next was a metallic squeaking noise coming from the rear suspension, supposedly from broken brake cable brackets. The suspension makes a huge racket whenever we go over small bumps. The tires got worn fast, it was way out of alignment when we purchased it. The interior plastic is way too soft. We have scratches all up and down both doors and the passenger-side dash. Our crank pulley BROKE. And currently the car does not idle smoothly, sometimes vibrating heavily. This and all within 33,000 miles. Best of all, it was in numerous times for many of these issues. Will not buy a Ford for a while.

Favorite Features

Fuel Economy is good.

Suggested Improvements

Greater reliability mechanically and better parts. More durable plastic on the inside.

I hate this car
By dieguito06

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The only reason I bought this car was because I lost the 2005 Impala in a crash & I needed A car in a hurry.A week into the car the carpet on the pasengers side started to came off ,every time I would fix it it would come right off ,then a year later the passenger door wooden open I used the warranty & had it fix two years later the same door the same problem but this time my warrranty was out so I had to pay $200 to get it fix. now the other door is having the same problem.another thing wrong with this car is the sway bars I had to replace them too

Favorite Features

the only thing I like about this car is the gas mileage & the sync

2008 Ford Focus SE - Nightmare Car!
By stargold6480

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this heap of junk new. Transmission problems started in February. I have 28,000 miles and it won't stay aligned, eats tires, brakes and rotors. Under warranty, but dealer doesn't want to fix it. Dealer replaced it with a worn-out one from a wreck. Now it's having transmission problems again. Wanted to take it on a trip this morning, wrench light came on and car hesitated and shifted really hard into gear. We're getting another car and saying forget this one. Worst car I've ever owned. Never again!

Favorite Features

Great MPG, comfortable interior, sporty design, good radio.

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the design and start over! This car has several problems. I've heard so many horror stories about this car.