2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Adorable Car for the perfect price!
By Eleshia on 04/21/08 10:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am absolutely in love with this car! It's adorable and fun to drive. Handles great on small, curvy roads. Grabs a lot of attention from other drivers. Gas mileage has been improving since I bought the car (with only 42 miles on it.) It's up to an average of 25 mpg. Features and add ons are fun. Audiophile sound system sounds sweet and precise. Ambient lights add a little extra to the somewhat bland interior. I love the moonroof. Also, back seats are extremely roomy and comforable for a small coupe. Huge trunk space even with a subwoofer!

Not happy with the 2008 Focus
By Bob on 04/19/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchaced my Focus to drive to work. I drive over 100 miles a day so I needed a car that got over 30 mpg. I have had the car back to Ford five times now for it pulling left. I am very disipointed that for 17k I can not get a car that will drive straight. The problem has still not been repaired. If you are looking to buy a 2008 Focus I would take one long test drive before making a purchace.

Best economy car on the market
By Stacy on 04/18/08 21:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ford did a fabulous job at remaking the Focus. I never thought I would buy a Ford, but this car is amazing. This car has great pickup and is not sluggish like some other cars I test drove on the freeway. Several of my friends are considering trading in their foreign cars for a brand new focus. The SE model has tons of features for an incredibly low price. I am so glad that I don't have to sacrifice style and comfort for a low price point.

Near-Perfect except for Tire/Road noise
By Larry on 04/16/08 16:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 2500 miles,this car is in the top 5 of cars I have owned. I have owned dozens. Surprisingly quick and agile. Factory specs say 0-60 in 8 seconds. That is not bad acceleration for getting about town and into traffic. The car will exceed the posted speed limits anywhere I have driven on mountain highways in Colorado. Drivers seat and driving position is very comfortable (I am 6'2"), although my 5'5" female passenger seat occupant thinks the center of the back of that seat is uncomfortable. I didn't get the bluetooth/synch option but the auxiliary input jack is very handy for portable audio and XM users

Needs a little improvement
By Doreen on 04/14/08 14:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

1st new car in 20 years. Good gas mileage without having to get a hybrid. Like the stadium seatting for the back seat. Roomy trunk for a small car.

Bells and whistles made this girl happy
By Lindsay on 04/10/08 14:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am very glad I chose this car. I am a bells an whistles girl, and this car has it all. From the sync to the ambient lights to the moonroof, this is an awesome ride. Handles very nice on the icy Alaskan roads. I bought this car in January, and the gas mileage was a tad dissapointing in the cold temperatures (-40, about 18 mpg) but it has improved sice we warmed up to 40 above.

Great job Ford on a good car!
By Robert Cooper on 04/10/08 12:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great on gas. I'm getting 34-35 MPG drive both city and highway. I drive 36 miles one way to work 6 days a week. It also has a good sound system in it.

Just a nice car
By 50 Someting old guy on 04/09/08 16:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All things considered just a nice little car. It's easy on the eyes and on fuel, double what I got in my 1999 F-150.That's not a big surprise, but the handling is. It's much better then most of the imports in its price range and better equipped. I have not driven a car on a regular basis for more than 15 years, it reminds me of my 6 cylinder Mustang (1965) but with pick- up and way better handling. 30 mpg so far in mix of highway and city driving and no trouble keeping up with traffic or passing at 70 mph. Ya-hoo, fun and furgle. Let's see if it's as bullet proof as all my Ford trucks.

Great car
By Deaertrat on 04/08/08 16:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All I can say is wow! Ford has finally done it, they have just built a great car. Gas mileage is great I get an average 35 mpg combined driving. Minimum road noise smooth ride and great handling. Engine is quite peppy for a four cyl and I have no problem passing other cars. If you are looking for a new car buy this one and forget about the imports. Way to go Ford.

Glad that I bought the 08 Focus
By jcwilliamsjr on 04/07/08 19:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Focus for about six weeks and already have over 3000 miles. I am very happy with the decision to purchase this car. Fuel mileage is over the Ford rating and at times is bumping the 41+ mpg and is a fun car to drive. Great car by Ford for the money it can not be beat. I looked at the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, and Nissan Sentra prior to buying the Focus.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.