Used 2008 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Updated 5-14-11 now 4-12-13
By mkrahn

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sold her having 72K to her new owner. When sold still no issues and still gets 30 mpg.

Good reliable car
By wharpig

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car used with 34k miles a few years ago and it hasnt let us down yet. Its a great reliable car that has roughly 80k miles on it to date. I drive 100 miles to work and back mostly highway and get 36-42MPG. I did add a K&N air filter which boosted the MPG about 4-5MPG. Its a nice peppy car for a small car and doesnt feel under powered like alot of smaller cars I have drove. I havent had one problem with the car and would reccomend it for anyone looking for a good gas saver.

SYNC is a great option and is even better on the newer models I have looked at.

My only complaint is the resale value, I know most small cars dont hold their value well but the resale value is horrible for the focus.

Not my favorite but I'm thankful
By lad87nek

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 47k miles. I'm at 104k now. This car was always dependable as far as starting each morning and getting me where I'm going. Now when it came to the doors always opening or buttons that cost 250 bucks to replace breaking... well that was my experience with my focus. The back door mechanisms completely fell apart FOUR times in 2 years. Also had problems with buttons and knobs breaking. My last car was a 1992 and didn't wear down those things so fast. Talk about cheap. But what wasn't cheap was to fix the things that broke. I will say that I was involved in a rollover accident with my focus and totaled it. Rolled it 3 times and walked away unscathed.

Improve your door handles. Also need a light for the back seat, it's pitch black back there. More leg room for the passengers would be nice to. You can't fit more then one car seat back there because it's so cramped. That's not family friendly.

Very Good Car
By amdrewhikes

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car and have been very pleased with its performance. For a 4 cyl engine it has plenty of power. Excellent value for the money!

Very good power, handles well, good gas mileage and nicely designed

Adding anti lock brakes, cruise control, more seat padding.

Good Car
By j_lo

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first brand-new -0 miles car I have ever purchased. It is great! Good gas mileage, plenty of power (for a 4cyl.) and the inside design looks awesome, I've gotten many compliments, even now 3years later. The only issues that I had were with the computer the first year I had it, must have been a defective part, but no hassle ford replaced it with a brand new one.

Dash board, sun roof and good size trunk

I wish they made the buttons on the steering wheel better, the black has completely rubbed off.