2008 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2008 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2008 Ford Focus SES auto loaded
By mkrahn on 05/14/11 21:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this loaded SES which is black/black with all options heated leather etc back in December 2008 used, with only 5000 miles on her for only $13,500.00. She listed for around $21,000.00 new. I did my home work as far as price, value, etc. She now has 45K as of 5-14-11. No problems what so ever. The only thing we have done so far as changing the oil and rotating the tires.

Great car
By albie on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

great little car, bought it with 65 miles in it, now has 51,000. No problems at all, oil change every 4,000. miles, second set of tires at 35,000 miles got cheap ones from walmart, still handles great, no problems at all, will but new one, when I get it payed off.

At 30 K starting to get worried
By UH oh on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 1st us car but took the plunge. At 1st noticed the acceleration seemed off but I figured perhaps this was an us car thing (hesitation&jump). At 20 k tune up was told the transmission fluid was low (hmm). At 30 k tune up asked them to check transmission & said acceleration led 2 hesitation (bad 4 hwy merging) gears were fixed under warranty. Noted raw gas odor and rotten egg odor abt 10x in yr in stop/start city traffic. Listened to svc mgr mumbo abt computers&catalytic converters reconfiguring then he mentioned other complaints about the rotten egg smell. Sounds like bad computer programming 2 me? Will this last 20 yrs like my Nissan or Toyota? Hmm. I pray to the ceo at Ford. Help.

Quality Control
By SteveKrause on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car from the beginning had problems, I have taken the vehicle in for window problems the carpet from the beginning would not stay under the door trim piece. I always hear noises from the front end until one day the transmission goes out. I have read other reviews of the same problems.

Problems before 30,000 miles!
By S on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Expect problems before your 30,000 miles are up. I'm a great driver, no tickets, no accidents, and I take great care of my car. I was tricked into buying two of these cars and the first one's transmission dropped. It was at 30,000 when the second one started having gasket problems leaking transmission fluid. The struts are starting to seep but they won't fix it because they technically don't consider it a "full leak". Pieces simply fall off, such as buttons etc. For no reason. Poorly made car, and Ford is a shifty company.

Love my Focus, But 9/28/10
By Love my Focus, But on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Focus used with almost 45,000 in Aug. 2009 it now has 71,000. I love the design, very sporty with the chrome. The mpg is great at average 32. We have had no engine problems but we are starting to see others. Such as the front makes a rattling noise heard at low speeds and the motor mount has been tightened. The alignment has been fine. Just this week we noticed that the heat and ac isn't blowing out of the dash vents like it should. I absolutely love my car but I am really hoping that it isn't going to start nickel and diming me.

Problems
By Jan on 09/07/10 10:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my focus for a Toyota Rav4 this weekend, because I can't take a chance on the transmission again. It was overhauled 2 times already by ford, and they never considered putting a new transmission in the car. It is starting to slip again, and so the time came to trade it in. I loved the car with the sync. and other features. Ford has to work on all the transmission problems with all its vehicles.

Over 60 thousand miles now....
By sparkman7x7 on 07/20/10 13:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Still driving my little red beauty. She's happy and well. 34.9 mpg average running 75 mph on i40 and trips . On my third set of tires got Michelin this time. Second windshield. Oil change every 5000 miles. Doors still tight. No frontal alignment has been done. Tires wear evenly. It just hasn't cost me much to drive it! Love it. Love it. Love it!

2008 Ford Focus
By poejenk on 07/19/10 18:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year, and I love it. It has about 26,000 miles on it now. I've driven it mostly short distances, but have also driven long distances as well and it performs great. I even drove it during Snowmaggedon 2009 on the East Coast and the handling was excellent. I've never had any problems with anything the previous reviewers have mentioned. In fact, mechanics have complemented me on how good everything on the car looks! Absolutely no mechanical problems or issues with tire wear or alignment.

Happy
By new owner on 06/19/10 16:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just got the car last week. Love it so far. Haven't noticed many problems. Dealer replaced tires when I purchased it, original tires were shot after 44,000 miles. Love the stereo controls on the wheel. Needs a light for the back seat. Needs trunk button inside car. Wish gas cap was on driver side. Trunk is hard to open, seems too heavy.