Used 2008 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 185 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Issues with door latches, and truck latch.
By ownerof2focus

2008 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2008 Focus Automatic(why doesn't Edmunds have the automatic as option for review?) brand new. First winter the passenger side door lock froze. 6months into ownership of it the carpet came undone from under plastic door trim on both sides of car. Same issue with "09" too. 2 years in the trunk door latch is blown. We had to rig it so can open from pulling a rope threaded though the fold down back seat. Asked it to be repaired when had it in for service and idiots at shop failed to do anything to it. Haven't taken it back. 5yrs old now and back door on passenger side will not latch. Going to have to have it repaired when have the money. Issues with alignment on it and the 2009 too.

Fav features of 08 Gas mileage.

Suggest that they stop being so cheap with the carpets. Having two focus have same issues with carpets coming undone it can't be a fluke. Have heard others have same issue too.

Updated 5-14-11 now 4-12-13
By mkrahn

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sold her having 72K to her new owner. When sold still no issues and still gets 30 mpg.

Good reliable car
By wharpig

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car used with 34k miles a few years ago and it hasnt let us down yet. Its a great reliable car that has roughly 80k miles on it to date. I drive 100 miles to work and back mostly highway and get 36-42MPG. I did add a K&N air filter which boosted the MPG about 4-5MPG. Its a nice peppy car for a small car and doesnt feel under powered like alot of smaller cars I have drove. I havent had one problem with the car and would reccomend it for anyone looking for a good gas saver.

SYNC is a great option and is even better on the newer models I have looked at.

My only complaint is the resale value, I know most small cars dont hold their value well but the resale value is horrible for the focus.

Not my favorite but I'm thankful
By lad87nek

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 47k miles. I'm at 104k now. This car was always dependable as far as starting each morning and getting me where I'm going. Now when it came to the doors always opening or buttons that cost 250 bucks to replace breaking... well that was my experience with my focus. The back door mechanisms completely fell apart FOUR times in 2 years. Also had problems with buttons and knobs breaking. My last car was a 1992 and didn't wear down those things so fast. Talk about cheap. But what wasn't cheap was to fix the things that broke.

I will say that I was involved in a rollover accident with my focus and totaled it. Rolled it 3 times and walked away unscathed.

Improve your door handles. Also need a light for the back seat, it's pitch black back there. More leg room for the passengers would be nice to. You can't fit more then one car seat back there because it's so cramped. That's not family friendly.

Very Good Car
By amdrewhikes

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car and have been very pleased with its performance. For a 4 cyl engine it has plenty of power. Excellent value for the money!

Very good power, handles well, good gas mileage and nicely designed

Adding anti lock brakes, cruise control, more seat padding.