Used 2008 Ford Focus Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great Car!
By 2008focusdude

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a black one with sunroof and it turned out to be one of the best vehicles I've ever had. Sporty looking with those alloy rims and the car rides well. I've never had a new car so this was the first, and wow, what a great experience to have this car. I probably will keep it FE because I purchased it brand new and original owner. If you're considering this vehicle, think about all the miles you get with this. That was huge for me, but then again, I love the car.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, 6 disc CD, Sirius Radio, folding back seats so can fit larger items in trunk.

Great Value
By Josh

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car, gas mileage is very good. seems to be reliable, 50,000 miles with nothing wrong even using original tires. it did have a lot of squeaking coming from suspension and break lines that i had to lubricate. the options compared to Toyota or Honda is not even comparable, and after test driving all three it wasn't even a question. definitely recommend spending a little extra on the ses or sel.

Favorite Features

Sync is awesome leather seats gas mileage ride quality engine, it's not a sports car but i would take the mpg over 20 hp any day.

Suggested Improvements

Interior Plastics scratch very easily no trunk latch inside squeaky suspension exterior paint is very low quality

2008 Ford Focus SE - Nightmare Car!
By stargold6480

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this heap of junk new. Transmission problems started in February. I have 28,000 miles and it won't stay aligned, eats tires, brakes and rotors. Under warranty, but dealer doesn't want to fix it. Dealer replaced it with a worn-out one from a wreck. Now it's having transmission problems again. Wanted to take it on a trip this morning, wrench light came on and car hesitated and shifted really hard into gear. We're getting another car and saying forget this one. Worst car I've ever owned. Never again!

Favorite Features

Great MPG, comfortable interior, sporty design, good radio.

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the design and start over! This car has several problems. I've heard so many horror stories about this car.

Where's the spare
By Frank

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice little car though I don't like low profile tires. I was not happy at all when we got a flat. Opened trunk to find a oversized flat repair kit, the type you whould find at an auto store only bigger, Ford you can do better than that

Favorite Features

Not the flat tire kit

Suggested Improvements

A doughnut would be nice

Great car
By david

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car new had it 2 years now not one thing has gone wrong. Everyone seems to be going through tires 52,000 and same tires on it and still have a lot of tread great car. I'm a auto tech for 26 years take care of it and it will last.

Favorite Features

passing gas stations

Suggested Improvements

none right now