2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Door latch
By Tall on 03/17/10 19:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car for the fuel mileage and looks. Its a fun car to drive and gets around good. I do a lot of driving and now have 160000 miles on it. I'm 6 foot 4 inches tall and still have leg room. The first thing that went wrong was the drivers side door latch. The car was locked and there is only one door with a key. So now I'm locked out of my car. Now the other door latch don't work so until i get it fixed, i pop the truck open and get into my car. If I'm in the car and pass out, heart attack, or stroke you will not be able to open the doors because the door latch wont work from the out side.

Not Happy, Got big lemon.
By Andrew on 03/07/10 11:48 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've had too many issues with our Focus. We had it in twice because of a faulty stereo. Next was a metallic squeaking noise coming from the rear suspension, supposedly from broken brake cable brackets. The suspension makes a huge racket whenever we go over small bumps. The tires got worn fast, it was way out of alignment when we purchased it. The interior plastic is way too soft. We have scratches all up and down both doors and the passenger-side dash. Our crank pulley BROKE. And currently the car does not idle smoothly, sometimes vibrating heavily. This and all within 33,000 miles. Best of all, it was in numerous times for many of these issues. Will not buy a Ford for a while.

MPG
By Roy on 03/02/10 10:50 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am consistently getting 33-34 mpg. That is back and forth to work (14mi. 1 way) and around town. The lowest I got was pulling a UHaul 5'x 10' trailer to Bismarck, ND. It got 23 mpg with the trailer empty. Loaded I got 27 mpg on the way back with a tail wind. This was all driving at 65-75 MPH!

Great Little Car
By Donald S. Berland on 12/29/09 06:55 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 4th Ford small car I have owned. This one purchased brand new, the others used. I can only say it has not disapointed me. It is comfortable and mileage is excellent. The bulk of my driving is on the interstate to work and in summer it averages 36mpg, on long trip it has gotten 41mpg. I would take it on more long trips but there is no cruse control. I then have to use my subaru 2005 STi which has cruse, but is very very uncomfortable, and only gets 25mpg. I plan on keeping the car for 5yrs before trading it but will definately get another focus.

I love my Ford Focus!
By DeeDido on 11/21/09 17:44 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the color. the moonroof, SYNC, leather seats, alloy wheels, ac, cruise, ipod port, stereo rocks compared to the subaru i got rid of, 5 cup holders, fog lights, the design of the dashboard console is cool, trunk light, automatically dimming rear view mirror. It has a smooth ride. I sounds cool when you start it up. It came with oil changes for life. It looks cool. folding rear seats. All of things make this car better than average for a small car. Oh yeah and 35 mpg!

My baaaaaby!
By Jordan on 11/08/09 11:58 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, so much. It is fun and sleek, very stylish. It drives like a dream, and I feel safe in it. I'm at 20000 miles and Its doing good. A great little car.

Be careful when buying a Focus
By Irriserv on 10/23/09 13:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall the Ford Focus is a nice fun to drive small car with nice looks and great MPG. The build quality seem ok however there are design problems and areas that Ford cut corners to save money that you will pay for. One of the most noticeable areas is they left off the spare tire. So if you get a flat reach into your wallet and expect to pay for a tow. The other areas that we have found is that the defective door latch that will keep you from getting in the car is still a problem since the first focus. Also there is no seal on the break cable so it will sound like an old buggy if you drive on dirt roads. Nice car but I wish I bought a Toyota instead. I would have saved hassle.

Totally Impressed
By Bigdawg1976 on 09/11/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 Ford Focus ZX4 and was so impressed, I bought another one. The 01 handled like a slot-car while the 08 handles more like a rear wheel sports' car. The gas mileage in the 08 is quite a bit better than the 01. The fit and finish on both cars were good. Very impressed with SYNC. We have 2 cell phones and SYNC seamlessly works with both. The only thing I would change is the inside door handles on the coupe, which is in an awkward spot. Forget iPods - I have all my tunes in a thumb-drive and I can tell SYNC what to play, how cool is that??

Best Car Ever
By Elizabeth on 08/19/09 23:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over a year and have had no problems. It is very fun to drive, and like most Ford's, it has a lot of power. Being a coupe there is still a lot of room for passengers and the trunk is huge. Small and easy to get in and out of parking spaces, especially good for college parking. Easy to control and steer. Great design inside and out. This model is much more appealing than the earlier and even later models. Overall a great buy and would not want anything else.

Love my Focus!
By Blynn on 07/13/09 16:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have grown up on Fords. My first car was a Chevy-had it for 9 months and switched to my Focus no questions asked. This car feels solid. I can take corners like there is nothing to it. Drives easily. Comfortable on the inside, beautiful outside. This is a car I will drive until the day it dies...then I'll go get a new one. I love this car. I have never felt safer while driving. Never been more comfortable about driving it hard. If you don't have one of these-get one!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.