Used 2008 Ford Focus S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Ford Focus S
By Papasrx

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since I purchased this vehicle I have averaged a consistant 37MPG over 13000 miles driven but I drive mostly highway. It is an automatic transmission and the ride for a compact is excellent. I can say that it is not a Honda Civic but it costs 6K less. I would say for the money there is no better buy on the market.

Favorite Features

Engine compartment arrangment. Ease of oil change.

Suggested Improvements

Better fitting interior trim.

Focus Lives Up
By Bill

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car does exactly what I expected it to do. Delivers very acceptable ride and performance with exceptional mpg. No issues or dissapointments. Just utilitarian transportation at a very reasonble expense.

Favorite Features

Mileage

Suggested Improvements

Interior a little spartan but thats what I paid for.

Best car in its class!
By TrueReview

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Early this year, I purchased an all base model 2008 Ford Focus. I drive a whole lot and need something with good mileage but also family safe since we had our first baby on the way. We drove everything in its class and spent at least a good month researching what would fit us best. I have a strong dis-taste for most Asian vehicles, but even so we test drove the Civic, Fit, Corolla, Echo, Yaris, Impreza etc etc. We ended up picking the Focus for its great value and still the best mileage overall. Rated better than the Aveo! I drive this vehicle every day and love it to death! Its great fun to drive, spacious for a little car and still smooth and powerful! Very safe too. Great job Ford!

Favorite Features

Almost perfect manual transmission, aluminum engine block makes it very light and improves mileage in the summer because it runs so cool. Huge trunk. Great suspension. Nice seat set up for diver, very commanding view of the road. Safety. Great sound insulation.

Suggested Improvements

Put some carpet on the doors, too much plastic. Whistles with certain crosswinds sometimes on freeway. Wish they had a AWD option. Manual windows not thought through well, I hit my knuckles on the door tray every time I wind them up or down, I'm a big guy. Stock tires (Hankook Optimo) stink.

Corolla Killer
By Will

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wasn't in the market for a new car until I was helping my sister buy her first new car and saw what a great deal the Focus was. I was able to get it for $13,200 out the door and loved everything about it. I had an 06 Corolla CE in manual and hated it. The quality of the Focus engine is well known (probably better than the Corolla) and so far the fuel economy is better. The Focus looks, runs, and drives better. I have to say I love this great American car.

Favorite Features

I love the manual transmission. AUX input is a necessary feature for today's cars and Ford realizes it. Nice speakers and handling to boot.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are a little uncomfortable on the really long drives. You feel as if your falling forward. The interior handles are easily broken (they are too far forward and don't have enough leverage.

My '01 Focus was great, just bought '08..
By new '08 focus

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Cant say anything at all bad about my Ford experience with regards to Focus. After owning an '01 since new with well over 100k mi and superb reliability I gladly bought a new '08 Focus and it's head and shoulders better than my beloved '01! I havent sold my '01, what does that tell ya. Great fuel mileage and comfort not to mention quite peppy even with smallest 4cyl motor choice. Great car for 1st time buyer as well as older frugal guy like me,

Favorite Features

Interior is top notch! Dash layout and sync radio system are my favorites

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any except bring that hot Euro spec Focus over to tromp the imports competition even further!