Used 2008 Ford Focus SES Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I love my Ford Focus!
By DeeDido

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the color. the moonroof, SYNC, leather seats, alloy wheels, ac, cruise, ipod port, stereo rocks compared to the subaru i got rid of, 5 cup holders, fog lights, the design of the dashboard console is cool, trunk light, automatically dimming rear view mirror. It has a smooth ride. I sounds cool when you start it up. It came with oil changes for life. It looks cool. folding rear seats. All of things make this car better than average for a small car. Oh yeah and 35 mpg!

Of all the things I said above I guess the ipod jack is my favorite.

Folding sideview mirrors, handles for passengers to hold to get in and out, I would have loved to get a hatchback model, the trunk is big,but a hatchback would be better. power seats. Seat settings so when someone gets in the back the seat would automatically go to position.

Totally Impressed
By Bigdawg1976

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 Ford Focus ZX4 and was so impressed, I bought another one. The 01 handled like a slot-car while the 08 handles more like a rear wheel sports' car. The gas mileage in the 08 is quite a bit better than the 01. The fit and finish on both cars were good. Very impressed with SYNC. We have 2 cell phones and SYNC seamlessly works with both. The only thing I would change is the inside door handles on the coupe, which is in an awkward spot. Forget iPods - I have all my tunes in a thumb-drive and I can tell SYNC what to play, how cool is that??

Sync, handling, styling

Interior door handles, seatback releases on the coupe.

Love my Focus!
By Blynn

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have grown up on Fords. My first car was a Chevy-had it for 9 months and switched to my Focus no questions asked. This car feels solid. I can take corners like there is nothing to it. Drives easily. Comfortable on the inside, beautiful outside. This is a car I will drive until the day it dies...then I'll go get a new one. I love this car. I have never felt safer while driving. Never been more comfortable about driving it hard. If you don't have one of these-get one!

Solid feel. Reliable. Seat hugs you. Fun to drive

improvements: make center console easier to clean-dirt sticks like I have never seen.

Not bad for the price! Focus SES 5 speed
By Jesse

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First Time Ford/American new Car Buyer! Ford's Fuel economy/reliability record w/ Focus/fun to drive vehicle caught my attention! With the Focus SES, I got a fully loaded car w/ leather seats! Great combination of sytle, electronic gadgets (sync, 6 CD w/ bass box, Sirius, Sunroof,etc.), sport handling/comforable ride, solid car feeling, smooth engine, fuel economy, and it's been a pleasure to drive w/ a manual transmission. Exterior fit and finish could use a little more refinement (the front hood alignment is a little off w/ the body). Overall, not bad for the price. ney. 8+ months later, the Focus is still a thumbs up.

Heated Leather Seats, Sync, Ambiance Lights, fun to drive, Remote control trunk release, good performance (for a 4 cyln engine), sports suspension combined with a comfortable ride, solid feeling (as compared to light and airy Japanese models), heated mirrows, safety features, etc.

The interior is not bad, and I'd like to see Ford reach the levels of refinement that the Japanese have (Scion TC, Mazda3). Sun Visors, quality of interior panals, and trunk carpeting, better resale value (like the Japanese). When Ford brings the Euro Focus/Fiesta to US, it will be even better!

YOU CAN TOW WITH A FOCUS!!!!
By pythonkiller

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Almost didn't buy my Focus because they couldn't find a tow hitch to fit it, but did at the last minute. I pull a retro-looking hard side trailer filled with my possessions as I move across the country for my work (wildland firefighter). Total weight 1500 lbs and the car pulls great. Only had to downshift a couple times up the passes in CA. Sync is cool! Just hope it doesn't crash like my microsoft laptop, but so far so good. One negative is a weird gap where the trunk meets the rear quarter panel, no leaks but it may be an early assembly glitch. (I got one of the first cars of the line) My baby has been from MN to FL to CA and back to FL in this year alone, all pulling the trailer!!!

The 125 HP engine is a major upgrade. 5 speed manual is fun to drive. Sync needs a little tweaking but still cool. Oil filter is easy to get to!!!! MPG while towing:20-25

Spare tire, control consol very busy if you are new to it, body styling could improve (rear spoiler is not kidding anyone!) but hey...the car is an economy model, not a street racer!

• SUV