Used 2008 Ford Focus SES Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Totally Impressed
By Bigdawg1976

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 Ford Focus ZX4 and was so impressed, I bought another one. The 01 handled like a slot-car while the 08 handles more like a rear wheel sports' car. The gas mileage in the 08 is quite a bit better than the 01. The fit and finish on both cars were good. Very impressed with SYNC. We have 2 cell phones and SYNC seamlessly works with both. The only thing I would change is the inside door handles on the coupe, which is in an awkward spot. Forget iPods - I have all my tunes in a thumb-drive and I can tell SYNC what to play, how cool is that??

Sync, handling, styling

Interior door handles, seatback releases on the coupe.

Love my Focus!
By Blynn

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have grown up on Fords. My first car was a Chevy-had it for 9 months and switched to my Focus no questions asked. This car feels solid. I can take corners like there is nothing to it. Drives easily. Comfortable on the inside, beautiful outside. This is a car I will drive until the day it dies...then I'll go get a new one. I love this car. I have never felt safer while driving. Never been more comfortable about driving it hard. If you don't have one of these-get one!

Solid feel. Reliable. Seat hugs you. Fun to drive

improvements: make center console easier to clean-dirt sticks like I have never seen.

Not bad for the price! Focus SES 5 speed
By Jesse

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First Time Ford/American new Car Buyer! Ford's Fuel economy/reliability record w/ Focus/fun to drive vehicle caught my attention! With the Focus SES, I got a fully loaded car w/ leather seats! Great combination of sytle, electronic gadgets (sync, 6 CD w/ bass box, Sirius, Sunroof,etc.), sport handling/comforable ride, solid car feeling, smooth engine, fuel economy, and it's been a pleasure to drive w/ a manual transmission. Exterior fit and finish could use a little more refinement (the front hood alignment is a little off w/ the body). Overall, not bad for the price. ney. 8+ months later, the Focus is still a thumbs up.

Heated Leather Seats, Sync, Ambiance Lights, fun to drive, Remote control trunk release, good performance (for a 4 cyln engine), sports suspension combined with a comfortable ride, solid feeling (as compared to light and airy Japanese models), heated mirrows, safety features, etc.

The interior is not bad, and I'd like to see Ford reach the levels of refinement that the Japanese have (Scion TC, Mazda3). Sun Visors, quality of interior panals, and trunk carpeting, better resale value (like the Japanese). When Ford brings the Euro Focus/Fiesta to US, it will be even better!

YOU CAN TOW WITH A FOCUS!!!!
By pythonkiller

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Almost didn't buy my Focus because they couldn't find a tow hitch to fit it, but did at the last minute. I pull a retro-looking hard side trailer filled with my possessions as I move across the country for my work (wildland firefighter). Total weight 1500 lbs and the car pulls great. Only had to downshift a couple times up the passes in CA. Sync is cool! Just hope it doesn't crash like my microsoft laptop, but so far so good. One negative is a weird gap where the trunk meets the rear quarter panel, no leaks but it may be an early assembly glitch. (I got one of the first cars of the line) My baby has been from MN to FL to CA and back to FL in this year alone, all pulling the trailer!!!

The 125 HP engine is a major upgrade. 5 speed manual is fun to drive. Sync needs a little tweaking but still cool. Oil filter is easy to get to!!!! MPG while towing:20-25

Spare tire, control consol very busy if you are new to it, body styling could improve (rear spoiler is not kidding anyone!) but hey...the car is an economy model, not a street racer!

Not too shabby
By alisajg

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus to replace my nightmare VW Beetle. Overall I like it .I'm at 14,000 miles. It does well in all weather. I find the seats to be very comfortable. The seat backs are high, which is great because I'm on the tall side (for a female). The moonroof is nice, but cuts a lot of headroom in the backseat. The back seat is hard to get into with the coupe. SYNC is pretty neat, but hard to use sometimes. The brakes are terrible, and are very underpowered. The headlights are not very bright, and I'm probably going to put in some HIDs. I have beige cloth that I have worked very hard to keep clean, but I should have gotten leather. I get better than estimated MPG. Nice, smooth clutch.

Built-in Sirius, moonroof, "Euro" suspension, MPG, Perelli tires, SYNC makes life easier when it comes to the phone features, but its not user friendly with my iPod.

Better brakes (i.e. 4-wheel disc) and headlights, inside truck release, standard spare tire (was not standard on '08 models), the ambient interior lighting is net but definitely not worth $300