2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
For the price, you gotta look at it.
By Sisao Tresed on 01/25/09 17:54 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My daughter took my Honda Civic to college. She said she had fallen in love with it during the summer and it was no use to try to pry it from her hands. I had rented a few Focuses and always enjoyed their pure simple performance. went over to Ford to look at one. Finances were tight. I ended up buying an SES 2 Dr. with all the bells and whistles. The price put the imports to shame. No, it's not a Beemer or an Audi. But I bought in on my credit card! It was half the price of the cars we had looked at. It goes very well, it can corner, and it can get up and go with that smooth 5-speed. It shines up real well, and even the Pirellis hold their own on tough surfaces. I'm happy!

Great car. Fun. Cheap!
By James C on 12/17/08 17:37 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it used with 3000 kms on it. Black 2door with the dark interior. 5 speed. Fun and nimble in turns. I am planning to add the 2009 2door coupe rear roof spoiler and a 3d carbon body kit to it for looks. Other than that it's an excellent car that is easy to drive and I send anyone I know that is looking at a new car to go look at it and test one! The motor is not a barn burner, but will hold you at 140km/h all day and not think about it! would love to add a 6 speed (overdrive) but hey- it's a $15000 car not a $25000 one. Its handling is not a Lambo but it takes everything I toss at it and I havn't gotten it on 2 wheels yet!

Cool Little Package
By J. Stiles on 12/03/08 13:09 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Love to drive it when I can get it away from my wife. Excellent mileage. Good performance for a 2.0 litre. Styling turns heads and gets compliments. The toys inside rock. It's a total 21st century rig. Lots of room for the size of the vehicle. Overall, we love this car.

2008 Ford Focus SES (5 Speed)
By Jesse on 11/08/08 00:41 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nissan lover who turned to Ford! I loved my 200SX SER for many years, but needed to buy a Truck. Throughout the years, I longed for a fuel efficent, sporty, compact 2 door coupe like I once had. Out of the blue, I thought I'd take a chance on a 2007 Focus SE, and enjoyed owning it. When the 2008 Focus came out, I got excited, and I knew I had to "upgrade." The Focus is fun to drive, and it's even better with a manual tranny. I have been very happy with my purchase. I've read a lot of "Car Critics" review of the Focus, and they bash Ford at every angle minus the Sync system. Critics only like Japanese compact vehicles! For the price, you can't beat all the great features Ford offers.

Not What I Expected
By Logan on 09/02/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a few months for a new car and had been to every dealership I could find and had found a few cars in the 25,000 to 30,000 dollar range. When I found the Focus it had everything I wanted and I only paid 21,000. I've put 18,000 km on and drive it like I stole it. The only thing I would change is a little more pop on the bottom end of the automatic and rear disc brakes

Better Than Sentra and Corolla
By Ken on 08/03/08 06:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Focus is much better built than Nissan Sentra and Toyota Corolla. I own a 2007 Sentra and had 2007 Corolla. The Focus is built much more solid and safer without the cheap plastic parts. Gas mpg is at 32 on the electronic odometer. Car handles very good on the curves and open road. I am 6'4" and fit comfortably. Since I have owned all 3 of the top compact cars, the Focus wins hands down in all categories except size. The Sentra fits me a little better.

Love My Focus
By Mark on 06/15/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've put about 1,000 miles on my '08 Focus and I've loved everyone. When I purchased this car I was also looking at a Nissan Sentra Spec-V, a Mazda3, a Chevy Colbalt, a Toyota Corolla and a Dodge Caliber R/T. Although some of the vehicles had more hp and some were dressed a little nicer none of them had better fuel milage, a better price tag, or an overall total package like the Focus. If you're in the market for a fun, zippy, nice looking, little sports car then look no further than the 2 door Focus SES.

Best bang for the buck
By bhil1981 on 06/12/08 21:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car. I never really considered a Ford Focus, but with gas prices going up and up, I decided to test drive one and loved it. I got a black 2 door coupe SES with black cloth and everything besides a roof. The interior design is very nice for a $17,000 car. The white gauges with indigo blue looks nice at night. The car handles very well and the dash is set up nicely. I currently have about 500 miles on the car and am averaging about 26 mpg with mostly city driving, it should get better when the car is broken in more.

Solid - Quick - Smooth
By Dave on 05/03/08 06:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I test drove my Focus I was surprised at how well it drove. It accelerates well and the automatic transmission is one of the smoothest I've ever felt. I drove a Mazda 3 automatic and the downshift was quite abrupt. The Focus downshift is controlled and smooth. Also, this car handles curves excellently. You can keep pushing the throttle on a curve and the car stays on it without body roll. Because of the performance, options and rebate I think it was a good purchase. If you are looking for an inexpensive, fuel efficient, zippy and solid vehicle I recommend this car.

Adorable Car for the perfect price!
By Eleshia on 04/21/08 10:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am absolutely in love with this car! It's adorable and fun to drive. Handles great on small, curvy roads. Grabs a lot of attention from other drivers. Gas mileage has been improving since I bought the car (with only 42 miles on it.) It's up to an average of 25 mpg. Features and add ons are fun. Audiophile sound system sounds sweet and precise. Ambient lights add a little extra to the somewhat bland interior. I love the moonroof. Also, back seats are extremely roomy and comforable for a small coupe. Huge trunk space even with a subwoofer!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.