Used 2008 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Have you driven a Focus lately
By mike kulich

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just retired and needed something good on gas. The Focus is as good as anything out there. The new Focus will really surprise you! Gas mileage about 31 mpg total driving. After owning trucks all my life this is like winning the lottery.

Ride, fun to drive, and really quiet for a small car

I have a sun roof so there is no back seat light, only con!

Dandy car
By Tom B

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Tested the Civic, Mazda 3, Elantra, skipped the Corolla. Was ready to go with Mazda 3 until I drove the Focus. Smooth ride, quietest of the bunch, seamless 5 speed shifter, great visibility, supportive seating, and a lot of pep. I'm actually having as much fun driving it as my '06 'stang GT 5 speed. The mileage is better than it's rated at. 4 aftermarket speakers and additional damping under dash and behind the door panels and the stock head sounds better than my Shaker 1000! Cannot hear tire hiss when driving in rain. Great, scatty little car!

Mileage, it stays around 35-38 MPG! Nice to fill up a 13 gal tank and see that I've got 470 mi. to empty. Cut my fuel bill in half. 5 speed shifter is seamless. Quiet! No need for stereo mods. Big trunk. No rattles or squeaks.

It seems most every Ford I've owned has weak headlights. Assign an engineer to solve this and lose the H13s! Lose the chrome "warts" on the fenders. Interior plastic looks cheap. Lose the front chrome grille strip and go with matched paint.

Good, but not trouble free
By cdj

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

3 months and 2000 miles and we're happy car, especially with the mileage. Very surprised by the quite ride with one exception. A noise from an unknown source developed at about 1200 miles. Dealer replaced the fuel pump, but the noise remains. Apparently Ford engineers are aware of and investigating the problem so I'm not the only one having it. No solution yet according to the dealer. Iím a little leery as we discovered a suspension problem in the first Focus we took for a test drive. Itís a nice car, but my 3 Hondas and 4 Nissans have never had problems with so few miles. If not for this unknown problem I'd be very happy with the amount of car we got for the money.

Sync, steering wheel mounted radio controls, quiet ride, mileage and info center

Cancel button on cruise control, better lumbar support in seats, rear headrests. 1 cup holder in the back seat? Whose bright idea was that? Finally, rear floor mats that are actually big enough for my small feet.

A Great Choice!
By Holly

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Focus after deciding to trade in my 2000 Jetta that had its fair share of problems over the years. My family has had several Fords and after checking out the Mazda 3, Civic, and Scion tc, this was the clear choice. It rides well, is fun to drive, and the Sync system is great. Ford was offering such great incentives that it was hard to justify not going with this car. If you're not sure, take one for a drive and you'll have a hard time saying no.

Sync, leather seating, the solid feeling of the car.

An interior trunk release, better voice recognition on the Sync.

Problems at only 2100 miles!
By Matsukes

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like the gas mileage, ride,and handling but at 1100 miles I noticed that when I filled the gas tank the gas guage only went to 3 quarters full! Now at 2100 miles I have a check engine light and the code states that the fuel level sensor in the gas tank is no longer working! It's a disappointment to already be having problems at such a low mileage and I wonder if this is the start of things to come!

The ride and handling is great! And the MPG is as advertised!

Some cheap parts are starting to show themselves!