Used 2008 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Best car in its class!
By TrueReview

2008 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Early this year, I purchased an all base model 2008 Ford Focus. I drive a whole lot and need something with good mileage but also family safe since we had our first baby on the way. We drove everything in its class and spent at least a good month researching what would fit us best. I have a strong dis-taste for most Asian vehicles, but even so we test drove the Civic, Fit, Corolla, Echo, Yaris, Impreza etc etc. We ended up picking the Focus for its great value and still the best mileage overall. Rated better than the Aveo! I drive this vehicle every day and love it to death! Its great fun to drive, spacious for a little car and still smooth and powerful! Very safe too. Great job Ford!

Almost perfect manual transmission, aluminum engine block makes it very light and improves mileage in the summer because it runs so cool. Huge trunk. Great suspension. Nice seat set up for diver, very commanding view of the road. Safety. Great sound insulation.

Put some carpet on the doors, too much plastic. Whistles with certain crosswinds sometimes on freeway. Wish they had a AWD option. Manual windows not thought through well, I hit my knuckles on the door tray every time I wind them up or down, I'm a big guy. Stock tires (Hankook Optimo) stink.

Corolla Killer
By Will

2008 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wasn't in the market for a new car until I was helping my sister buy her first new car and saw what a great deal the Focus was. I was able to get it for $13,200 out the door and loved everything about it. I had an 06 Corolla CE in manual and hated it. The quality of the Focus engine is well known (probably better than the Corolla) and so far the fuel economy is better. The Focus looks, runs, and drives better. I have to say I love this great American car.

I love the manual transmission. AUX input is a necessary feature for today's cars and Ford realizes it. Nice speakers and handling to boot.

Seats are a little uncomfortable on the really long drives. You feel as if your falling forward. The interior handles are easily broken (they are too far forward and don't have enough leverage.

Focus Review
By Terry

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I would get out of my F150. I bought this to save gas and it really does. I get around 35 on the hiway. It's a really fun car to drive so my truck sits in the drive most of the time now. Thanks Ford. Buy American!

2008 Vermillion Ford Focus SE Automatic
By Lloyd

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the new style, solidness, room, ease for my elderly parents to enter and exit. I traded a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am Se 4 door with almost 128,000 on it. Things were starting to go so I thought I would follow my younger sister's footsteps and get a Focus. I am very pleased with it and look forward to driving it. I average between 30 and 34 mpg combined driving. This is the first Ford I have ever had. At least go check one out.

Styling (front and new taillights), good ride and visibility, easy entry and exit. Nice dash layout. Easy to read instrument panel controls. Message center.comfortable ride. Pzev engine. Location of coffee cup holders. Nice and deep.

Heater ducts under front seats for rear passengers, passenger assist grips, rear seat lighting(maybe domelight for the rear compartment or a dome light in the middle of the roof. A remote trunk release from the passenger compartment, especially for those Focuses who don't have remote control entry.

Got me!
By ocsurfrr

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After months of deliberation I finally bought a Focus. I needed an economic vehicle since my lifted Chevy is sucking up gas. So for the right price I bought the 4dr auto se sedan for 12,900 after hours of battling the dealer. Car is amazing, great interrior design. I am 6,4 and fit in it fine. Can also fit 4 buddies inside comfortably as well. Gas mileage is great. I never thought I would ever own a Ford and now they got me! I have nothing but great things to say about this vehicle. Seriously how can you complain about a nice, attractive, and sporty vehicle for under 13k?

Interrior is amazing, gas mileage, fun to drive

I do not like the rear exterior tail lights. Gonna black em out and I think the vehicle will look much better from the back