Used 2008 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Ford Focus S
By Papasrx

2008 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since I purchased this vehicle I have averaged a consistant 37MPG over 13000 miles driven but I drive mostly highway. It is an automatic transmission and the ride for a compact is excellent. I can say that it is not a Honda Civic but it costs 6K less. I would say for the money there is no better buy on the market.

Engine compartment arrangment. Ease of oil change.

Better fitting interior trim.

Fun in the sun!
By BenAZ

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a fun drive so far. I love to take turns at fast speeds, and not hear a tire squeak. It has plenty of power and can be pretty zippy.

SYNC, hand controls on steering wheel, Sirius radio -- all great features. I like the look of the dash and the dials at night are awesome.

Auto headlights should be standard, as it is really the biggest thing lacking to make this car feel more luxurious. Trunk release latch inside the car would also be nice.

Focus Lives Up
By Bill

2008 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car does exactly what I expected it to do. Delivers very acceptable ride and performance with exceptional mpg. No issues or dissapointments. Just utilitarian transportation at a very reasonble expense.

Mileage

Interior a little spartan but thats what I paid for.

Love It
By L.E. Mauget

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this gas sipper in response to the current gas price baseline. I was surprised that it was fun to drive. It is more responsive than either my Ford Sport Trak or Ford Five Hundred. If I get in a tight spot, it goes! With that said, I still get about 31 mpg in city driving. It get 35 mpg on the Interstate. It is comfortable-- in the front seats, that is. Its appearance is fairly attractive, inside and out.

The gauges are attractive and readable at night. The optional electronics are great - Sync, Sirius, speed-compensated audio level, etc.

Nothing's perfect. The lack of rear- seat lighting drives me nuts! Fords had this in 1948. Rear-seat headrests are missing. The Sync voice prompt is too loud. Sync does not wait for my iPod to re-initialize before resuming play, causing "Bad media", if the car was turned off too long.

Love my Focus
By chris

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have taken my Focus on a trip already this year and put 3000 kms on it (1500 hundred miles) and I found it to be very comfortable with no problems to speak of yet. I got about 32 mpg which im very happy with and can honestly say I enjoy my car very much and the compliments are not to hard to listen to either. The car has just about every option you can get on it and I would recommend this car to anybody. Even my friends who aren't huge Ford fans have nothing but good to say about it.

Moonroof, awesome stereo, and I love the 17 inch Pirelli tires. Ambient lighting, heated leather seats ,sync sub woofer just to name a few options.

Trunk latch, little more power. Voice activated nav system would be a nice touch. All wheel drive would make this car truly untouchable to any other manufacturer