2008 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great Improvment
By Rob on 05/21/08 20:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Let me start off by saying I had a 2007 Ford Focus and put 23,000 miles on it and thought it was a great car. Then the 2008 Focus came out, test drove it and it was mine. This car drives very well, and a noticeable difference from 07 to 08 in both performance and handling. You also sit high up in the seat, and have great viewing angles. Another noticeable difference in the 08 is that its very quiet. Highway speeds of about 70-75 the car has barley any road noise. All in all this car feels like a much more expensive car when driving and looks really great too. I would definitely recommend a test drive!

Best of the Small Econs
By buhwana on 05/20/08 13:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I compared the Civic, Corolla and the Focus. Drove all three and the Ford was quieter, more comfortable and offered more standard features for less price. it was the only car that offered traction control, and ABS brakes. The new body style, though not as sleek as the Civic nor refined as the Corolla was a great improvement over the 07 model and that it was the deciding factor. I would have paid 3K more of the Honda or Toyota. The sync is neat (I don't own an ipod yet) but the bluetooth is a true safety feature. I trade the cheap compressor and bottle of green slime for a spacesaver spare since my last three blowouts were on the sidewall and no slime will fix that!

Better Than It's Press Reviews
By Family Man on 05/16/08 23:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

SE Sedan 5-speed M. with ABS and Speed Control. My wife and I seriously considered the Civic and Mazda3...but then opted for the Focus at $4000 less. We tested vehicles at all levels (S/SE/SES), 2 & 4 doors and both transmissions. We selected the 5-speed SE due to the options plus the 5-speed really performs the best (it gets this light vehicle up to speed, very quickly and smoothly). It is what it is - a simple, $16,000 compact that is loaded with features, quiet, comfortable, that handles and performs well and is very fuel efficient. 32 MPG in city and 48 MPH on the highway (with cruise on) per our on-board computer. The vehicle has tight panel seams and great build quality. And fun!

Genes new car opinion
By Eugene Dawson on 05/12/08 06:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the SE model with automatic antilock brakes traction control and upgraded 6cd sound system. Color is silver vapor metallic with charcoal interior. This car is built like a bank vault no squeaks or rattles and is according to the computer getting 35.4 miles per gallon on the first tank of fuel. This new model is much quieter and rides better than the previous year, overall a much improved vehicle. I did a lot of research before buying my new car and I would like to suggest if you are in the market for fuel efficient car that you give one a test drive. I think you will surprised by the new Focus.

Fantastic Car
By Ryan on 05/09/08 16:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fantastic. I purchased this car on 04/26/2008 and I absolutely love it. The Sync system is absolutely a must. I asked if the Sync model could be installed after the fact and they stated no that it was a factory install so for the extra $400 I got a Focus that had it. The fuel mileage is incredible, I am getting about 30 miles to the gallon city, and 35 miles to the gallon highway. The Focus handles great at highway speeds and in town around corners. I traded in a gas hogging 2007 Ford Escape XLT and I am so glad I did.

Better than even I expected
By RONG on 05/05/08 21:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 9 years of selling fords I finally bought one for myself to drive to work everyday. My wife has 2 of our products, the oppurtunity has just not come around for me. This car blows me away in quality, quietness, and value. I love the manual tranny. It is twice the car I expected it to be. Very low maintenance. Pay attention to the lack of timing belt. I bought a base car because I dont need the frills. A huge improvement over the prior model, although those have been very very good since 2005.

An amazing little car
By miwico on 05/05/08 19:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I think this car has more going for it than any compact car out there. The drivers seat is very comfortable and for the first time in my life I have a new car with no rattles or squeeks. The handling is great, passive rear wheel steering is obviously designed into this vehicle rear suspension giving it cornering ability and traction that I have only experienced in more expensive cars. The engine is very quiet at any speed and accelerates with vigor although passing can be a little taxing on the 2.0. Transmission shifts are perfect with no hunting between gears. Sync, all I can say is that Ford and Microsoft, two companies that sometimes deservingly get a hard time from consumers have a hit!

A great affordable small car!
By F B on 05/05/08 16:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car about three weeks ago and so far I am very impressed. The Focus is a very responsive, quiet, comfortable and fun to drive car. I test drove a Nissan Sentra 2.0 and a Toyota Corolla Ce and neither were as good as the Focus. It is a small car so obviously fuel economy is great. I am an 18 year old car enthusiast and can tell you that this car is a lot of bang for the buck. I have also noticed that the quality of the interior compared to my buddy's old Focus is much improved. I highly recommend this car to any young buyer who is looking for a fun and affordable small car

What a great car!
By F. B. on 05/05/08 09:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving my Focus for about three weeks now and must say that this is a great car. This car is very responsive, comfortable, quiet and fun to drive. I am 18 years old and a car enthusiast. For the money the Focus is a lot of bang for the buck. I test drove a Nissan Sentra 2.0 and a Toyota Corolla CE but wasn't impressed at how exciting the cars were compared to the Focus. Fuel economy is obviously great because this is a small car. I didn't get the sync system because I do not even have an ipod but I hear that it's a great feature. I would highly recommend this car to other young drivers who need a fun and affordable small car.

I Focused on the right vehicle!
By Ruth on 05/01/08 04:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new car! I am quite the features addict and everything about this car rocks my world. This ain't your mama's Ford! Give one a test drive and you'll see what everyone else sees. One great little car. I am a former owner of a New Beetle/Turbo and I am not disappointed with the power that this vehicle displays. I was worried about no giddyup, but I worried unneedlessly.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.