Used 2008 Ford Focus SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Very Good Car
By amdrewhikes

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car and have been very pleased with its performance. For a 4 cyl engine it has plenty of power. Excellent value for the money!

Very good power, handles well, good gas mileage and nicely designed

Adding anti lock brakes, cruise control, more seat padding.

Good Car
By j_lo

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first brand-new -0 miles car I have ever purchased. It is great! Good gas mileage, plenty of power (for a 4cyl.) and the inside design looks awesome, I've gotten many compliments, even now 3years later. The only issues that I had were with the computer the first year I had it, must have been a defective part, but no hassle ford replaced it with a brand new one.

Dash board, sun roof and good size trunk

I wish they made the buttons on the steering wheel better, the black has completely rubbed off.

Great car
By albie

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

great little car, bought it with 65 miles in it, now has 51,000. No problems at all, oil change every 4,000. miles, second set of tires at 35,000 miles got cheap ones from walmart, still handles great, no problems at all, will but new one, when I get it payed off.

40 plus mpg on highway..

bigger cup holders

At 30 K starting to get worried
By UH oh

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 1st us car but took the plunge. At 1st noticed the acceleration seemed off but I figured perhaps this was an us car thing (hesitation&jump). At 20 k tune up was told the transmission fluid was low (hmm). At 30 k tune up asked them to check transmission & said acceleration led 2 hesitation (bad 4 hwy merging) gears were fixed under warranty. Noted raw gas odor and rotten egg odor abt 10x in yr in stop/start city traffic. Listened to svc mgr mumbo abt computers&catalytic converters reconfiguring then he mentioned other complaints about the rotten egg smell. Sounds like bad computer programming 2 me? Will this last 20 yrs like my Nissan or Toyota? Hmm. I pray to the ceo at Ford. Help.

lots of cute things and hi tech stuff that doesn't help reliability which is all I care about. Gas mileage pretty good so far.

car trunk open button.Better materials on gears and transmission? A longer warranty on the transmission w/ no increase in price?

Problems before 30,000 miles!
By S

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Expect problems before your 30,000 miles are up. I'm a great driver, no tickets, no accidents, and I take great care of my car. I was tricked into buying two of these cars and the first one's transmission dropped. It was at 30,000 when the second one started having gasket problems leaking transmission fluid. The struts are starting to seep but they won't fix it because they technically don't consider it a "full leak". Pieces simply fall off, such as buttons etc. For no reason. Poorly made car, and Ford is a shifty company.

Its small frame is easy to park. It gets good miles on the highway.

Stop trying to cut corners and make a better product.