2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Love my Focus, But 9/28/10
By Love my Focus, But on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Focus used with almost 45,000 in Aug. 2009 it now has 71,000. I love the design, very sporty with the chrome. The mpg is great at average 32. We have had no engine problems but we are starting to see others. Such as the front makes a rattling noise heard at low speeds and the motor mount has been tightened. The alignment has been fine. Just this week we noticed that the heat and ac isn't blowing out of the dash vents like it should. I absolutely love my car but I am really hoping that it isn't going to start nickel and diming me.

2008 Ford Focus
By poejenk on 07/19/10 18:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year, and I love it. It has about 26,000 miles on it now. I've driven it mostly short distances, but have also driven long distances as well and it performs great. I even drove it during Snowmaggedon 2009 on the East Coast and the handling was excellent. I've never had any problems with anything the previous reviewers have mentioned. In fact, mechanics have complemented me on how good everything on the car looks! Absolutely no mechanical problems or issues with tire wear or alignment.

I love it.
By rynashley on 05/24/10 21:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Focus. I got it as an early graduation present and immediately fell in love with it. It has gotten stuck in the wrong gear a couple of times but other than that it is great. I don't really like the small tires on it because mine have gone flat a few times. But I would highly recommend this car.

Carl's review
By Carl on 05/21/10 11:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Like Frank said " where is the spare". I can buy fix a flat at an auto shop. In second gear the car will shift hard. I looked in the manual and it said the transmission has to "re- learn" how to shift after the battery has been removed, like programing radio stations over again.

love it but nervous
By stacey on 05/04/10 20:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car with 34,000 miles on it. It looks amazing but lately I've been noticing it drives funny. Like its stuck halfway between n and d. But it's not. Kinda chugs sometimes when accelerating and after reading some other bad reviews I'm a bit nervous. I had the problem with the door not opening from the outside. It was covered under warranty thankfully. And I'm praying my tires don't go as fast as some others I've read about. I just bought 4 new tires. Very expensive. But overall aside from my nervousness of what lies ahead for it. I am very happy with it at the time. I'd recommend the 2008 Focus.

Hate It
By wichita kansas on 03/29/10 16:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What is it about the tires? Very angry on the third set of tires, not the most comfortable car actually awful! Never, never would I buy another one!

its ok, not great!
By its ok! on 02/17/10 11:09 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 Ford Focus SE has 18,900 i've already replace a heater motor, it keeps stalling at idle but the dealership can never seem to find a problem with that. My newest found problem is now my rear end is squeaking and when i hit the brakes the car shoots to the left, again the dealership finds nothing wrong with it ever! i would own a ford again but not a focus its cheaply made! not worth the 14k your buying it for!

Great Car!
By Nicki on 02/04/10 09:50 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I needed a new car that got good gas mileage. We bought our Ford Focus in March 2008 and love it!! The gas mileage is awesome! While on road trips we can get 38 mpg!! Now that's not too common. We usually get around 34 average MPG and with bad weather in the winter, obviously the MPG drops because of using the heater. But it's still good, about 31 MPG in winter!! :-)

great car
By mj on 02/01/10 04:08 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Focus with 11 miles on it in may of 08 it now is approaching 60,000 miles all commuter driving. Have had very little problems heater motor replaced under warranty the dealer has been great SYNC is great it is not the best handling car but the price and fuel mileage make up for that. I am trading her in when the new Focus comes out

dont buy a ford focus
By rob on 12/01/09 05:19 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i purchased my focus with 27000 miles on it at 38000 out of warrenty wheel bearing in front was bad,at same time carrier bearing was bad making lould noise,heres the kicker ford wont sell just the bearing you have to buy the whole driveshaft cost to repair 800.00.do yourself a favor buy a honda

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.