Used 2008 Ford Focus SES Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Most Helpful|
Problems
By Jan

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my focus for a Toyota Rav4 this weekend, because I can't take a chance on the transmission again. It was overhauled 2 times already by ford, and they never considered putting a new transmission in the car. It is starting to slip again, and so the time came to trade it in. I loved the car with the sync. and other features. Ford has to work on all the transmission problems with all its vehicles.

Favorite Features

Sync., ride, the layout of the interior. A real pleasure to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission problems. I know i'm not the only one. I've read other writeups.

Updated 5-14-11 now 4-12-13
By mkrahn

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sold her having 72K to her new owner. When sold still no issues and still gets 30 mpg.

2008 Ford Focus SES auto loaded
By mkrahn

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this loaded SES which is black/black with all options heated leather etc back in December 2008 used, with only 5000 miles on her for only $13,500.00. She listed for around $21,000.00 new. I did my home work as far as price, value, etc. She now has 45K as of 5-14-11. No problems what so ever. The only thing we have done so far as changing the oil and rotating the tires.

Favorite Features

MPG! my wife and I average around 32-34 mpg all the time with mixed driving city and highway. The best we got was driving 55 mph which was 39 MPG. All the extras we have are very nice to have heated leather seats, sync, moon roof, etc. We plan on keep her for awhile with the price of gas gas always going up you need something that gets this many miles per gallon.

Suggested Improvements

The ride could be a little rough at times if going over pot holes etc, but then again its a small car so you would except that, but still it would be nice to have a little more comfort on those long trips down the highway.

Happy
By new owner

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just got the car last week. Love it so far. Haven't noticed many problems. Dealer replaced tires when I purchased it, original tires were shot after 44,000 miles. Love the stereo controls on the wheel. Needs a light for the back seat. Needs trunk button inside car. Wish gas cap was on driver side. Trunk is hard to open, seems too heavy.

Favorite Features

stereo, comfortable seats, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

trunk release button, better tires, less complicated light controls

Over 60 thousand miles now....
By sparkman7x7

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Still driving my little red beauty. She's happy and well. 34.9 mpg average running 75 mph on i40 and trips . On my third set of tires got Michelin this time. Second windshield. Oil change every 5000 miles. Doors still tight. No frontal alignment has been done. Tires wear evenly. It just hasn't cost me much to drive it! Love it. Love it. Love it!

Favorite Features

SYNC and great sounding stereo system; like the sun roof; leather; room; looks; and handling. I weight about 320 @ 6 ft and people are amazed when I get out of my Focus, really I have plenty of room have been on several thousand mile trips no problems.

Suggested Improvements

Move the emergency break to the passanger side of the console. I think a two door convertible would be fantastic. I'd buy one tomorrow.