2008 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Updated 5-14-11 now 4-12-13
By mkrahn on 04/12/13 19:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sold her having 72K to her new owner. When sold still no issues and still gets 30 mpg.

2008 Ford Focus SES auto loaded
By mkrahn on 05/14/11 21:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this loaded SES which is black/black with all options heated leather etc back in December 2008 used, with only 5000 miles on her for only $13,500.00. She listed for around $21,000.00 new. I did my home work as far as price, value, etc. She now has 45K as of 5-14-11. No problems what so ever. The only thing we have done so far as changing the oil and rotating the tires.

Problems
By Jan on 09/07/10 10:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my focus for a Toyota Rav4 this weekend, because I can't take a chance on the transmission again. It was overhauled 2 times already by ford, and they never considered putting a new transmission in the car. It is starting to slip again, and so the time came to trade it in. I loved the car with the sync. and other features. Ford has to work on all the transmission problems with all its vehicles.

Over 60 thousand miles now....
By sparkman7x7 on 07/20/10 13:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Still driving my little red beauty. She's happy and well. 34.9 mpg average running 75 mph on i40 and trips . On my third set of tires got Michelin this time. Second windshield. Oil change every 5000 miles. Doors still tight. No frontal alignment has been done. Tires wear evenly. It just hasn't cost me much to drive it! Love it. Love it. Love it!

Happy
By new owner on 06/19/10 16:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just got the car last week. Love it so far. Haven't noticed many problems. Dealer replaced tires when I purchased it, original tires were shot after 44,000 miles. Love the stereo controls on the wheel. Needs a light for the back seat. Needs trunk button inside car. Wish gas cap was on driver side. Trunk is hard to open, seems too heavy.

Great American Made Car
By Craig on 05/24/10 22:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I read a lot of negatives in the reviews, but I don't see any, this car it's comfortable, fast and fun. Corners with the best of them, great seats, good looking. The tires, they are in fashion, that was the intent. I'll replace them when they ware out with longer lasting touring tires, the performance tires it came with are not my 1st choice. I'm so sick of the import bias, I had a Honda and a Toyota and they both had major problems. the bias comes from the fact that they are new cars, keep your Toyota for 8-12 yrs and it will fall apart too. I had a escort se and I old it @ 170,000 miles with no major problems.

2 Years and counting!
By sparkman7x7 on 05/24/10 10:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had my 2008 Focus for just about 2 years; just put my second set of tires (not counting original) got Michelin this time expect a little better mileage out of them; did not need alignment (super); lost the Sirius radio this year to much repeats; love the car overall average town and country still 34.4 MPG; interior holding up well; another trip to Texas and back this spring;

Very happy!
By Very happy! on 05/20/10 19:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got in new and have had two problems, a rear suspension squeak from the rear e-brake cable and sync usb connection problem. With 20,000 miles still have original tire and have not had any alignment issues. I just rotate and balance them every 5000 miles, they still have 6/32 of tread! Average 32 mpg. Rear leg room tight, interior plastics soft and scratch easily, rear door panels do not have cloth lie the front do, rear trunk release inside the cabin would be nice, trunk spare tire cover flimsy slides around and stuff falls below it. Just a few things i have noticed.

2008 Focus ses
By Jon Baumbach on 04/17/10 19:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car, great gas mileage, plenty of power, fun to drive, blower speed switch replaced, front brake pads too hard you can feel them through the brake pedal, road noise from tires ( Pirelli brand ), no handle to close trunk lid, no dome light for back seat.

Focus eats tires
By JJ on 04/09/10 07:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car, except that I have had the rear tires replaced once, and they're shot again. Dealer is telling me it needs an alignment. I'll see if that works. The rear tires keep getting cupped. Also, the car is dangerous to drive in snow; the rear does NOT want to follow the front. Perhaps that is also alignment- we'll see next winter. When it was going to snow, I drove my gas drinking pickup truck. Not everybody has that option. Other than that, and the headrests designed by the Marquis De Sade, I love the car. Great mileage; I'm all expressway, and a lead foot- 33-34 mpg at 75. On a road trip the car pushed 38. Nice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.