2008 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Very Good Compact Car
By jklag11 on 05/26/14 13:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had my 2008 Focus since 2009 and 9,000 miles. Have about 45,000 miles on it now and am very happy with the car. Provides a nice balance of a soft, quiet ride, and decent handling. I get about 29 mpg on my commute in heavy city driving. On highway trips, have gotten as good as 45 mpg. Sync system is easy to use and links my phone and iPod without problems. Trunk is very good size for a compact car with a nice, wide opening. Would definitely recommend.

Good commuter/family car
By sirhawkeye on 03/16/14 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2008, and 2010 and a 2012 Focus thus far (as of this writing), and I think the 2008 and 2010 are the best of them all. It's not the sportiest car out there, and the dash in the 2008-2011 models looks a little dated) but they are reliable, get good gas mileage, and are safe cars (found out in my 2010 unfortunately). Sync is easier to use in this area (2008-11) than in newer version of the Focus. The 2008-2011 is a good move in the right direction for Ford, especially with the previous generations (2000-04 especially) having issues. I had no problems with either the 2008 or 2010, and I put about 40k on both.

Good reliable car
By wharpig on 01/12/13 11:35 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car used with 34k miles a few years ago and it hasnt let us down yet. Its a great reliable car that has roughly 80k miles on it to date. I drive 100 miles to work and back mostly highway and get 36-42MPG. I did add a K&N air filter which boosted the MPG about 4-5MPG. Its a nice peppy car for a small car and doesnt feel under powered like alot of smaller cars I have drove. I havent had one problem with the car and would reccomend it for anyone looking for a good gas saver.

Not my favorite but I'm thankful
By lad87nek on 12/31/12 12:02 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 47k miles. I'm at 104k now. This car was always dependable as far as starting each morning and getting me where I'm going. Now when it came to the doors always opening or buttons that cost 250 bucks to replace breaking... well that was my experience with my focus. The back door mechanisms completely fell apart FOUR times in 2 years. Also had problems with buttons and knobs breaking. My last car was a 1992 and didn't wear down those things so fast. Talk about cheap. But what wasn't cheap was to fix the things that broke. I will say that I was involved in a rollover accident with my focus and totaled it. Rolled it 3 times and walked away unscathed.

Very Good Car
By amdrewhikes on 02/18/12 22:12 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car and have been very pleased with its performance. For a 4 cyl engine it has plenty of power. Excellent value for the money!

Good Car
By j_lo on 08/31/11 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first brand-new -0 miles car I have ever purchased. It is great! Good gas mileage, plenty of power (for a 4cyl.) and the inside design looks awesome, I've gotten many compliments, even now 3years later. The only issues that I had were with the computer the first year I had it, must have been a defective part, but no hassle ford replaced it with a brand new one.

Great car
By albie on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

great little car, bought it with 65 miles in it, now has 51,000. No problems at all, oil change every 4,000. miles, second set of tires at 35,000 miles got cheap ones from walmart, still handles great, no problems at all, will but new one, when I get it payed off.

At 30 K starting to get worried
By UH oh on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 1st us car but took the plunge. At 1st noticed the acceleration seemed off but I figured perhaps this was an us car thing (hesitation&jump). At 20 k tune up was told the transmission fluid was low (hmm). At 30 k tune up asked them to check transmission & said acceleration led 2 hesitation (bad 4 hwy merging) gears were fixed under warranty. Noted raw gas odor and rotten egg odor abt 10x in yr in stop/start city traffic. Listened to svc mgr mumbo abt computers&catalytic converters reconfiguring then he mentioned other complaints about the rotten egg smell. Sounds like bad computer programming 2 me? Will this last 20 yrs like my Nissan or Toyota? Hmm. I pray to the ceo at Ford. Help.

Problems before 30,000 miles!
By S on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Expect problems before your 30,000 miles are up. I'm a great driver, no tickets, no accidents, and I take great care of my car. I was tricked into buying two of these cars and the first one's transmission dropped. It was at 30,000 when the second one started having gasket problems leaking transmission fluid. The struts are starting to seep but they won't fix it because they technically don't consider it a "full leak". Pieces simply fall off, such as buttons etc. For no reason. Poorly made car, and Ford is a shifty company.

Love my Focus, But 9/28/10
By Love my Focus, But on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Focus used with almost 45,000 in Aug. 2009 it now has 71,000. I love the design, very sporty with the chrome. The mpg is great at average 32. We have had no engine problems but we are starting to see others. Such as the front makes a rattling noise heard at low speeds and the motor mount has been tightened. The alignment has been fine. Just this week we noticed that the heat and ac isn't blowing out of the dash vents like it should. I absolutely love my car but I am really hoping that it isn't going to start nickel and diming me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.