2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
very happy with my car , so far
By oneoleqt on 07/28/14 10:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

bought my 2008 ford focus used , replaced a 200 ZX3 that was written off by insurance company . while its not a sports car it does very well in both city and highway driving . over all the car is very comfortable and quiet . the sync system is relatively easy to use but does have some weird things about it , when i use iPod connection and drive to destination and turn off car , upon restarting the sync does not recognize iPod and have to scroll through menu to get it back . sometimes refuses to reconnect . i wish there was a trunk release button in the cabin other than using just the key and the remote fob . but other than that very pleased with it .

Great Car!
By 2008focusdude on 07/13/10 14:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a black one with sunroof and it turned out to be one of the best vehicles I've ever had. Sporty looking with those alloy rims and the car rides well. I've never had a new car so this was the first, and wow, what a great experience to have this car. I probably will keep it FE because I purchased it brand new and original owner. If you're considering this vehicle, think about all the miles you get with this. That was huge for me, but then again, I love the car.

Great Value
By Josh on 06/18/10 23:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car, gas mileage is very good. seems to be reliable, 50,000 miles with nothing wrong even using original tires. it did have a lot of squeaking coming from suspension and break lines that i had to lubricate. the options compared to Toyota or Honda is not even comparable, and after test driving all three it wasn't even a question. definitely recommend spending a little extra on the ses or sel.

MPG
By Roy on 03/02/10 10:50 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am consistently getting 33-34 mpg. That is back and forth to work (14mi. 1 way) and around town. The lowest I got was pulling a UHaul 5'x 10' trailer to Bismarck, ND. It got 23 mpg with the trailer empty. Loaded I got 27 mpg on the way back with a tail wind. This was all driving at 65-75 MPH!

I love my Ford Focus!
By DeeDido on 11/21/09 17:44 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the color. the moonroof, SYNC, leather seats, alloy wheels, ac, cruise, ipod port, stereo rocks compared to the subaru i got rid of, 5 cup holders, fog lights, the design of the dashboard console is cool, trunk light, automatically dimming rear view mirror. It has a smooth ride. I sounds cool when you start it up. It came with oil changes for life. It looks cool. folding rear seats. All of things make this car better than average for a small car. Oh yeah and 35 mpg!

Totally Impressed
By Bigdawg1976 on 09/11/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 Ford Focus ZX4 and was so impressed, I bought another one. The 01 handled like a slot-car while the 08 handles more like a rear wheel sports' car. The gas mileage in the 08 is quite a bit better than the 01. The fit and finish on both cars were good. Very impressed with SYNC. We have 2 cell phones and SYNC seamlessly works with both. The only thing I would change is the inside door handles on the coupe, which is in an awkward spot. Forget iPods - I have all my tunes in a thumb-drive and I can tell SYNC what to play, how cool is that??

Love my Focus!
By Blynn on 07/13/09 16:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have grown up on Fords. My first car was a Chevy-had it for 9 months and switched to my Focus no questions asked. This car feels solid. I can take corners like there is nothing to it. Drives easily. Comfortable on the inside, beautiful outside. This is a car I will drive until the day it dies...then I'll go get a new one. I love this car. I have never felt safer while driving. Never been more comfortable about driving it hard. If you don't have one of these-get one!

Not bad for the price! Focus SES 5 speed
By Jesse on 05/17/09 16:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First Time Ford/American new Car Buyer! Ford's Fuel economy/reliability record w/ Focus/fun to drive vehicle caught my attention! With the Focus SES, I got a fully loaded car w/ leather seats! Great combination of sytle, electronic gadgets (sync, 6 CD w/ bass box, Sirius, Sunroof,etc.), sport handling/comforable ride, solid car feeling, smooth engine, fuel economy, and it's been a pleasure to drive w/ a manual transmission. Exterior fit and finish could use a little more refinement (the front hood alignment is a little off w/ the body). Overall, not bad for the price. ney. 8+ months later, the Focus is still a thumbs up.

YOU CAN TOW WITH A FOCUS!!!!
By pythonkiller on 03/08/09 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Almost didn't buy my Focus because they couldn't find a tow hitch to fit it, but did at the last minute. I pull a retro-looking hard side trailer filled with my possessions as I move across the country for my work (wildland firefighter). Total weight 1500 lbs and the car pulls great. Only had to downshift a couple times up the passes in CA. Sync is cool! Just hope it doesn't crash like my microsoft laptop, but so far so good. One negative is a weird gap where the trunk meets the rear quarter panel, no leaks but it may be an early assembly glitch. (I got one of the first cars of the line) My baby has been from MN to FL to CA and back to FL in this year alone, all pulling the trailer!!!

Not too shabby
By alisajg on 02/01/09 17:01 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus to replace my nightmare VW Beetle. Overall I like it .I'm at 14,000 miles. It does well in all weather. I find the seats to be very comfortable. The seat backs are high, which is great because I'm on the tall side (for a female). The moonroof is nice, but cuts a lot of headroom in the backseat. The back seat is hard to get into with the coupe. SYNC is pretty neat, but hard to use sometimes. The brakes are terrible, and are very underpowered. The headlights are not very bright, and I'm probably going to put in some HIDs. I have beige cloth that I have worked very hard to keep clean, but I should have gotten leather. I get better than estimated MPG. Nice, smooth clutch.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.