Used 2008 Ford Focus SES Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

very happy with my car , so far
By oneoleqt

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

bought my 2008 ford focus used , replaced a 200 ZX3 that was written off by insurance company . while its not a sports car it does very well in both city and highway driving . over all the car is very comfortable and quiet . the sync system is relatively easy to use but does have some weird things about it , when i use iPod connection and drive to destination and turn off car , upon restarting the sync does not recognize iPod and have to scroll through menu to get it back . sometimes refuses to reconnect . i wish there was a trunk release button in the cabin other than using just the key and the remote fob . but other than that very pleased with it .

Favorite Features

having the SES model , i have all the creature comforts electric seats sunroof auto dimming mirror and lights . sync system 6 disc XM power everything . the one thing my car didn't come with which thought was strange was the leather seats , i am actually glad it doesn't have them being i live in california and getting into a hot car with shorts on is very hot . i would have to say that the AC is my favorite feature in this car . even when its 120 outside and the cars been sitting in the sun it cools off very fast . we have a few fords in our family and aways have thought fords have very good and strong air conditioning .

Great Car!
By 2008focusdude

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a black one with sunroof and it turned out to be one of the best vehicles I've ever had. Sporty looking with those alloy rims and the car rides well. I've never had a new car so this was the first, and wow, what a great experience to have this car. I probably will keep it FE because I purchased it brand new and original owner. If you're considering this vehicle, think about all the miles you get with this. That was huge for me, but then again, I love the car.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, 6 disc CD, Sirius Radio, folding back seats so can fit larger items in trunk.

Great Value
By Josh

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car, gas mileage is very good. seems to be reliable, 50,000 miles with nothing wrong even using original tires. it did have a lot of squeaking coming from suspension and break lines that i had to lubricate. the options compared to Toyota or Honda is not even comparable, and after test driving all three it wasn't even a question. definitely recommend spending a little extra on the ses or sel.

Favorite Features

Sync is awesome leather seats gas mileage ride quality engine, it's not a sports car but i would take the mpg over 20 hp any day.

Suggested Improvements

Interior Plastics scratch very easily no trunk latch inside squeaky suspension exterior paint is very low quality

MPG
By Roy

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am consistently getting 33-34 mpg. That is back and forth to work (14mi. 1 way) and around town. The lowest I got was pulling a UHaul 5'x 10' trailer to Bismarck, ND. It got 23 mpg with the trailer empty. Loaded I got 27 mpg on the way back with a tail wind. This was all driving at 65-75 MPH!

Favorite Features

"Sync" system. Bluetooth cell phone. Steering wheel radio and media controls. Oil filter and drain access.

Suggested Improvements

Larger sun visors. Passenger side seat belt holder(it rattles on the interior if no one is in the seat). Power "up" windows. Better head rests. Trunk unlatch lever in cabin. Gas door unlatch in cabin. Ditch the mood lighting. Better sound insulation. Mud flaps. At least for the front wheels.

I love my Ford Focus!
By DeeDido

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the color. the moonroof, SYNC, leather seats, alloy wheels, ac, cruise, ipod port, stereo rocks compared to the subaru i got rid of, 5 cup holders, fog lights, the design of the dashboard console is cool, trunk light, automatically dimming rear view mirror. It has a smooth ride. I sounds cool when you start it up. It came with oil changes for life. It looks cool. folding rear seats. All of things make this car better than average for a small car. Oh yeah and 35 mpg!

Favorite Features

Of all the things I said above I guess the ipod jack is my favorite.

Suggested Improvements

Folding sideview mirrors, handles for passengers to hold to get in and out, I would have loved to get a hatchback model, the trunk is big,but a hatchback would be better. power seats. Seat settings so when someone gets in the back the seat would automatically go to position.