Used 2008 Ford Focus SES Coupe Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Good Car
By Chad Hutchinson

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for 7 years bought new, longest lasting car I've owned. Being a home owner I have the same demands for maintenance, so I bought a 5x8 enclosed trailer put a hitch on the focus. I've pulled 50 sheets of drywall, lumber, ATV up north hunting, Ice fishing, car handles it just fine. Without the trailer I've drive through 4 inches of fresh snow fall, on federal land. My brother owned one, a guy who was blinded by the evening sun pulled out in front him, he hit him at 60, and walked away! The only reason I'm writing this review is because I'm looking at buying a newer model, but still keeping the 08' and putting snow tires on it

very happy with my car , so far
By oneoleqt

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

bought my 2008 ford focus used , replaced a 200 ZX3 that was written off by insurance company . while its not a sports car it does very well in both city and highway driving . over all the car is very comfortable and quiet . the sync system is relatively easy to use but does have some weird things about it , when i use iPod connection and
drive to destination and turn off car
, upon restarting the sync does not recognize iPod and have to
scroll through menu to get it back . sometimes
refuses to reconnect . i wish there was a trunk release button in the
cabin other than using just the key and the remote fob . but other than that
very pleased with
it .

having the SES model , i have all the creature comforts electric seats sunroof auto dimming mirror and lights . sync system 6 disc XM power everything . the one thing my car didn't come with which thought was strange was the leather seats , i am actually glad it doesn't have them being i live in california and getting into a hot car with shorts on is very hot . i would have to say that the AC is my favorite feature in this car . even when its 120 outside and the cars been sitting in the sun it cools off very fast . we have a few fords in our family and aways have thought fords have very good and strong air conditioning .

Great Car!
By 2008focusdude

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a black one with sunroof and it turned out to be one of the best vehicles I've ever had. Sporty looking with those alloy rims and the car rides well. I've never had a new car so this was the first, and wow, what a great experience to have this car. I probably will keep it FE because I purchased it brand new and original owner. If you're considering this vehicle, think about all the miles you get with this. That was huge for me, but then again, I love the car.

Sun roof, 6 disc CD, Sirius Radio, folding back seats so can fit larger items in trunk.

Great Value
By Josh

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car, gas mileage is very good. seems to be reliable, 50,000 miles with nothing wrong even using original tires. it did have a lot of squeaking coming from suspension and break lines that i had to lubricate. the options compared to Toyota or Honda is not even comparable, and after test driving all three it wasn't even a question. definitely recommend spending a little extra on the ses or sel.

Sync is awesome leather seats gas mileage ride quality engine, it's not a sports car but i would take the mpg over 20 hp any day.

Interior Plastics scratch very easily no trunk latch inside squeaky suspension exterior paint is very low quality

MPG
By Roy

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am consistently getting 33-34 mpg. That is back and forth to work (14mi. 1 way) and around town. The lowest I got was pulling a UHaul 5'x 10' trailer to Bismarck, ND. It got 23 mpg with the trailer empty. Loaded I got 27 mpg on the way back with a tail wind. This was all driving at 65-75 MPH!

"Sync" system. Bluetooth cell phone. Steering wheel radio and media controls. Oil filter and drain access.

Larger sun visors. Passenger side seat belt holder(it rattles on the interior if no one is in the seat). Power "up" windows. Better head rests. Trunk unlatch lever in cabin. Gas door unlatch in cabin. Ditch the mood lighting. Better sound insulation. Mud flaps. At least for the front wheels.