Used 2008 Ford Focus SE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great small car
By howard

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a great small car. Fun to drive, great gas mileage and well made. We have the manual transmission and it is very smooth. The only thing I miss is another way to open the trunk aside from the key fob. We had no problems and just change the oil. We would buy another one.

Favorite Features

Sync and great fuel mileage. It has reached 35 MPG, but usually about 30- 32 city and highway. It's quiet too!

Suggested Improvements

A release for the trunk other than just the key fob.

2008 Ford Focus SE - Nightmare Car!
By stargold6480

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this heap of junk new. Transmission problems started in February. I have 28,000 miles and it won't stay aligned, eats tires, brakes and rotors. Under warranty, but dealer doesn't want to fix it. Dealer replaced it with a worn-out one from a wreck. Now it's having transmission problems again. Wanted to take it on a trip this morning, wrench light came on and car hesitated and shifted really hard into gear. We're getting another car and saying forget this one. Worst car I've ever owned. Never again!

Favorite Features

Great MPG, comfortable interior, sporty design, good radio.

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the design and start over! This car has several problems. I've heard so many horror stories about this car.

Where's the spare
By Frank

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice little car though I don't like low profile tires. I was not happy at all when we got a flat. Opened trunk to find a oversized flat repair kit, the type you whould find at an auto store only bigger, Ford you can do better than that

Favorite Features

Not the flat tire kit

Suggested Improvements

A doughnut would be nice

Door latch
By Tall

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car for the fuel mileage and looks. Its a fun car to drive and gets around good. I do a lot of driving and now have 160000 miles on it. I'm 6 foot 4 inches tall and still have leg room. The first thing that went wrong was the drivers side door latch. The car was locked and there is only one door with a key. So now I'm locked out of my car. Now the other door latch don't work so until i get it fixed, i pop the truck open and get into my car. If I'm in the car and pass out, heart attack, or stroke you will not be able to open the doors because the door latch wont work from the out side.

Favorite Features

gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Fix the door latch on this car. Its all plastic and is junk. RECALL IT

Not Happy, Got big lemon.
By Andrew

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've had too many issues with our Focus. We had it in twice because of a faulty stereo. Next was a metallic squeaking noise coming from the rear suspension, supposedly from broken brake cable brackets. The suspension makes a huge racket whenever we go over small bumps. The tires got worn fast, it was way out of alignment when we purchased it. The interior plastic is way too soft. We have scratches all up and down both doors and the passenger-side dash. Our crank pulley BROKE. And currently the car does not idle smoothly, sometimes vibrating heavily. This and all within 33,000 miles. Best of all, it was in numerous times for many of these issues. Will not buy a Ford for a while.

Favorite Features

Fuel Economy is good.

Suggested Improvements

Greater reliability mechanically and better parts. More durable plastic on the inside.