2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great small car
By howard on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a great small car. Fun to drive, great gas mileage and well made. We have the manual transmission and it is very smooth. The only thing I miss is another way to open the trunk aside from the key fob. We had no problems and just change the oil. We would buy another one.

2008 Ford Focus SE - Nightmare Car!
By stargold6480 on 05/15/10 16:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this heap of junk new. Transmission problems started in February. I have 28,000 miles and it won't stay aligned, eats tires, brakes and rotors. Under warranty, but dealer doesn't want to fix it. Dealer replaced it with a worn-out one from a wreck. Now it's having transmission problems again. Wanted to take it on a trip this morning, wrench light came on and car hesitated and shifted really hard into gear. We're getting another car and saying forget this one. Worst car I've ever owned. Never again!

Where's the spare
By Frank on 05/07/10 16:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice little car though I don't like low profile tires. I was not happy at all when we got a flat. Opened trunk to find a oversized flat repair kit, the type you whould find at an auto store only bigger, Ford you can do better than that

Door latch
By Tall on 03/17/10 19:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car for the fuel mileage and looks. Its a fun car to drive and gets around good. I do a lot of driving and now have 160000 miles on it. I'm 6 foot 4 inches tall and still have leg room. The first thing that went wrong was the drivers side door latch. The car was locked and there is only one door with a key. So now I'm locked out of my car. Now the other door latch don't work so until i get it fixed, i pop the truck open and get into my car. If I'm in the car and pass out, heart attack, or stroke you will not be able to open the doors because the door latch wont work from the out side.

Not Happy, Got big lemon.
By Andrew on 03/07/10 11:48 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've had too many issues with our Focus. We had it in twice because of a faulty stereo. Next was a metallic squeaking noise coming from the rear suspension, supposedly from broken brake cable brackets. The suspension makes a huge racket whenever we go over small bumps. The tires got worn fast, it was way out of alignment when we purchased it. The interior plastic is way too soft. We have scratches all up and down both doors and the passenger-side dash. Our crank pulley BROKE. And currently the car does not idle smoothly, sometimes vibrating heavily. This and all within 33,000 miles. Best of all, it was in numerous times for many of these issues. Will not buy a Ford for a while.

My baaaaaby!
By Jordan on 11/08/09 11:58 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, so much. It is fun and sleek, very stylish. It drives like a dream, and I feel safe in it. I'm at 20000 miles and Its doing good. A great little car.

Be careful when buying a Focus
By Irriserv on 10/23/09 13:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall the Ford Focus is a nice fun to drive small car with nice looks and great MPG. The build quality seem ok however there are design problems and areas that Ford cut corners to save money that you will pay for. One of the most noticeable areas is they left off the spare tire. So if you get a flat reach into your wallet and expect to pay for a tow. The other areas that we have found is that the defective door latch that will keep you from getting in the car is still a problem since the first focus. Also there is no seal on the break cable so it will sound like an old buggy if you drive on dirt roads. Nice car but I wish I bought a Toyota instead. I would have saved hassle.

Best Car Ever
By Elizabeth on 08/19/09 23:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over a year and have had no problems. It is very fun to drive, and like most Ford's, it has a lot of power. Being a coupe there is still a lot of room for passengers and the trunk is huge. Small and easy to get in and out of parking spaces, especially good for college parking. Easy to control and steer. Great design inside and out. This model is much more appealing than the earlier and even later models. Overall a great buy and would not want anything else.

My Ford Focus
By Kathy on 03/26/09 07:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I always owned sports cars then moved into minivans as a soccer mom, the kids are grown mostly so I moved back into a sporty but economical car. Great gas mileage, good pick up speed to jump on the highway, for a smaller car you don't have to drop down on the ground to get in the car. I like the dash illumination, my only negative would be sometimes it picks up a rock and the sound enters the passenger compartment kind of loud.

Still just a nice car 20,000 later
By 50 Something old guy on 01/08/09 18:39 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Still a nice little car after 20,000 miles. Still averaging 30mpg mixed driving. Got as high as 37mpg on along road trip. Still no squeks, no rattles and still a hoot to drive. No service except for oil changes and tire rotations. Maybe the lite truck guys did have something to do with this baby Ford. Looks good, goes great. 180,000 miles more and I'll know if it's been built Ford tough like my Ford trucks.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.