Used 2008 Ford Focus S Coupe Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Basic 08 Focus S
By focusedbi

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased with 950 miles 8/08 2yr additional extended warranty.
51K 10/12.
Very basic model, no options this car.
Regularly record 39-40 mpg highway comparing gas gallons at fillup and trip odometer.
Acceleration is decent for 2.0 L normally aspirated engine.
My vehicle is not listed on the 2 recalls on 08 Focus.
Change oil every 3 months at dealer with my oil/filter.
No problems to date except upper radiator hose leak at 90 degree plastic elbow.
Changed myself due to expense quoted by dealer.
I have been in 2 front-end accidents.
NOTE: Body repair shop overtightened battery cable terminal.
This wore the tin off the terminal, exposing it to rust.
Had to replace battery early.
Found surface rust on interior supporting panels for instrument panels etc. I do not live in salt prone area like coastal or salted roads due to frequent ice/snow.
Manual (5 speed) transmission not mentioned in schedule maintenance book nor online manual for oil change. IT IS MENTIONED for the 2009 Focus at 150K miles.

I hate this car
By dieguito06

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The only reason I bought this car was because I lost the 2005 Impala in a crash & I needed A car in a hurry.A week into the car the carpet on the pasengers side
started to came off ,every time I would fix it it would come right off ,then a year later the passenger door wooden
open
I used the warranty & had it fix two years later
the same door the same problem but this time my warrranty was out so I had to pay $200 to get it fix. now the other door is having the same problem.another thing wrong with this car is the sway bars I had to replace them too

the only thing I like about this car is the gas mileage & the sync

Thrilled with my choice of vehicle PartII
By itzmynz2

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wrote a review 20AUG2008, I am writing part two today. I am still very thrilled with the decision I made to purchase my brand new 2008 Ford Focus S. I do wish at the time I was not in desperate need to get out of my Land Rover, because I would have placed more time and attention into the details of an S versus the other upgraded models.

I have not had any major deficiencies. I have only had to change tires and purchase new battery. I am at approx. 56k miles now and my Focus has never failed me. I have been itching to purchase another SUV; however, I read reviews and see how much it cost to fuel it I immediately get settled back into my Focus.

Great size trunk, easy to handle, roomy interior; decent sound system (standard stereo), stylish exterior, lots of cup holders, large console to place out-of-sight items in, beautiful color still shinny (Metallic Silver), excellent gas mileage, parks everywhere, whips and shifts wonderfully (manual).

I believe the standard/basic model should come with more added features, such reduced road noise, gas tank latch, stock wheels versus hubcaps, trunk latch, electric (windows/doors), free sync and some sort of in-vehicle service (i.e. OnStar) for a year. I just believe basics should have better equipment standards and equipment.

Great car
By david

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car new had it 2 years now not one thing has gone wrong. Everyone seems to be going through tires 52,000 and same tires on it and still have a lot of tread great car. I'm a auto tech for 26 years take care of it and it will last.

passing gas stations

none right now

Great Little Car
By Donald S. Berland

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 4th Ford small car I have owned. This one purchased brand new, the others used. I can only say it has not disapointed me. It is comfortable and mileage is excellent. The bulk of my driving is on the interstate to work and in summer it averages 36mpg, on long trip it has gotten 41mpg. I would take it on more long trips but there is no cruse control. I then have to use my subaru 2005 STi which has cruse, but is very very uncomfortable, and only gets 25mpg. I plan on keeping the car for 5yrs before trading it but will definately get another focus.

N/A