2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
very happy with my car , so far
By oneoleqt on 07/28/14 10:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

bought my 2008 ford focus used , replaced a 200 ZX3 that was written off by insurance company . while its not a sports car it does very well in both city and highway driving . over all the car is very comfortable and quiet . the sync system is relatively easy to use but does have some weird things about it , when i use iPod connection and drive to destination and turn off car , upon restarting the sync does not recognize iPod and have to scroll through menu to get it back . sometimes refuses to reconnect . i wish there was a trunk release button in the cabin other than using just the key and the remote fob . but other than that very pleased with it .

Basic 08 Focus S
By focusedbi on 10/18/12 18:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased with 950 miles 8/08 2yr additional extended warranty. 51K 10/12. Very basic model, no options this car. Regularly record 39-40 mpg highway comparing gas gallons at fillup and trip odometer. Acceleration is decent for 2.0 L normally aspirated engine. My vehicle is not listed on the 2 recalls on 08 Focus. Change oil every 3 months at dealer with my oil/filter. No problems to date except upper radiator hose leak at 90 degree plastic elbow. Changed myself due to expense quoted by dealer. I have been in 2 front-end accidents. NOTE: Body repair shop overtightened battery cable terminal. This wore the tin off the terminal, exposing it to rust. Had to replace battery early.

I hate this car
By dieguito06 on 07/22/11 05:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The only reason I bought this car was because I lost the 2005 Impala in a crash & I needed A car in a hurry.A week into the car the carpet on the pasengers side started to came off ,every time I would fix it it would come right off ,then a year later the passenger door wooden open I used the warranty & had it fix two years later the same door the same problem but this time my warrranty was out so I had to pay $200 to get it fix. now the other door is having the same problem.another thing wrong with this car is the sway bars I had to replace them too

Thrilled with my choice of vehicle PartII
By itzmynz2 on 07/09/11 15:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wrote a review 20AUG2008, I am writing part two today. I am still very thrilled with the decision I made to purchase my brand new 2008 Ford Focus S. I do wish at the time I was not in desperate need to get out of my Land Rover, because I would have placed more time and attention into the details of an S versus the other upgraded models. I have not had any major deficiencies. I have only had to change tires and purchase new battery. I am at approx. 56k miles now and my Focus has never failed me. I have been itching to purchase another SUV; however, I read reviews and see how much it cost to fuel it I immediately get settled back into my Focus.

Great small car
By howard on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a great small car. Fun to drive, great gas mileage and well made. We have the manual transmission and it is very smooth. The only thing I miss is another way to open the trunk aside from the key fob. We had no problems and just change the oil. We would buy another one.

Great Car!
By 2008focusdude on 07/13/10 14:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a black one with sunroof and it turned out to be one of the best vehicles I've ever had. Sporty looking with those alloy rims and the car rides well. I've never had a new car so this was the first, and wow, what a great experience to have this car. I probably will keep it FE because I purchased it brand new and original owner. If you're considering this vehicle, think about all the miles you get with this. That was huge for me, but then again, I love the car.

Great Value
By Josh on 06/18/10 23:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car, gas mileage is very good. seems to be reliable, 50,000 miles with nothing wrong even using original tires. it did have a lot of squeaking coming from suspension and break lines that i had to lubricate. the options compared to Toyota or Honda is not even comparable, and after test driving all three it wasn't even a question. definitely recommend spending a little extra on the ses or sel.

2008 Ford Focus SE - Nightmare Car!
By stargold6480 on 05/15/10 16:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this heap of junk new. Transmission problems started in February. I have 28,000 miles and it won't stay aligned, eats tires, brakes and rotors. Under warranty, but dealer doesn't want to fix it. Dealer replaced it with a worn-out one from a wreck. Now it's having transmission problems again. Wanted to take it on a trip this morning, wrench light came on and car hesitated and shifted really hard into gear. We're getting another car and saying forget this one. Worst car I've ever owned. Never again!

Where's the spare
By Frank on 05/07/10 16:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice little car though I don't like low profile tires. I was not happy at all when we got a flat. Opened trunk to find a oversized flat repair kit, the type you whould find at an auto store only bigger, Ford you can do better than that

Great car
By david on 04/19/10 12:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car new had it 2 years now not one thing has gone wrong. Everyone seems to be going through tires 52,000 and same tires on it and still have a lot of tread great car. I'm a auto tech for 26 years take care of it and it will last.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.