Used 2008 Ford Focus Coupe Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Good Car
By Chad Hutchinson

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for 7 years bought new, longest lasting car I've owned. Being a home owner I have the same demands for maintenance, so I bought a 5x8 enclosed trailer put a hitch on the focus. I've pulled 50 sheets of drywall, lumber, ATV up north hunting, Ice fishing, car handles it just fine. Without the trailer I've drive through 4 inches of fresh snow fall, on federal land. My brother owned one, a guy who was blinded by the evening sun pulled out in front him, he hit him at 60, and walked away! The only reason I'm writing this review is because I'm looking at buying a newer model, but still keeping the 08' and putting snow tires on it

very happy with my car , so far
By oneoleqt

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

bought my 2008 ford focus used , replaced a 200 ZX3 that was written off by insurance company . while its not a sports car it does very well in both city and highway driving . over all the car is very comfortable and quiet . the sync system is relatively easy to use but does have some weird things about it , when i use iPod connection and
drive to destination and turn off car
, upon restarting the sync does not recognize iPod and have to
scroll through menu to get it back . sometimes
refuses to reconnect . i wish there was a trunk release button in the
cabin other than using just the key and the remote fob . but other than that
very pleased with
it .

having the SES model , i have all the creature comforts electric seats sunroof auto dimming mirror and lights . sync system 6 disc XM power everything . the one thing my car didn't come with which thought was strange was the leather seats , i am actually glad it doesn't have them being i live in california and getting into a hot car with shorts on is very hot . i would have to say that the AC is my favorite feature in this car . even when its 120 outside and the cars been sitting in the sun it cools off very fast . we have a few fords in our family and aways have thought fords have very good and strong air conditioning .

Basic 08 Focus S
By focusedbi

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased with 950 miles 8/08 2yr additional extended warranty.
51K 10/12.
Very basic model, no options this car.
Regularly record 39-40 mpg highway comparing gas gallons at fillup and trip odometer.
Acceleration is decent for 2.0 L normally aspirated engine.
My vehicle is not listed on the 2 recalls on 08 Focus.
Change oil every 3 months at dealer with my oil/filter.
No problems to date except upper radiator hose leak at 90 degree plastic elbow.
Changed myself due to expense quoted by dealer.
I have been in 2 front-end accidents.
NOTE: Body repair shop overtightened battery cable terminal.
This wore the tin off the terminal, exposing it to rust.
Had to replace battery early.
Found surface rust on interior supporting panels for instrument panels etc. I do not live in salt prone area like coastal or salted roads due to frequent ice/snow.
Manual (5 speed) transmission not mentioned in schedule maintenance book nor online manual for oil change. IT IS MENTIONED for the 2009 Focus at 150K miles.

I hate this car
By dieguito06

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The only reason I bought this car was because I lost the 2005 Impala in a crash & I needed A car in a hurry.A week into the car the carpet on the pasengers side
started to came off ,every time I would fix it it would come right off ,then a year later the passenger door wooden
open
I used the warranty & had it fix two years later
the same door the same problem but this time my warrranty was out so I had to pay $200 to get it fix. now the other door is having the same problem.another thing wrong with this car is the sway bars I had to replace them too

the only thing I like about this car is the gas mileage & the sync

Thrilled with my choice of vehicle PartII
By itzmynz2

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wrote a review 20AUG2008, I am writing part two today. I am still very thrilled with the decision I made to purchase my brand new 2008 Ford Focus S. I do wish at the time I was not in desperate need to get out of my Land Rover, because I would have placed more time and attention into the details of an S versus the other upgraded models.

I have not had any major deficiencies. I have only had to change tires and purchase new battery. I am at approx. 56k miles now and my Focus has never failed me. I have been itching to purchase another SUV; however, I read reviews and see how much it cost to fuel it I immediately get settled back into my Focus.

Great size trunk, easy to handle, roomy interior; decent sound system (standard stereo), stylish exterior, lots of cup holders, large console to place out-of-sight items in, beautiful color still shinny (Metallic Silver), excellent gas mileage, parks everywhere, whips and shifts wonderfully (manual).

I believe the standard/basic model should come with more added features, such reduced road noise, gas tank latch, stock wheels versus hubcaps, trunk latch, electric (windows/doors), free sync and some sort of in-vehicle service (i.e. OnStar) for a year. I just believe basics should have better equipment standards and equipment.