Used 2008 Ford Focus Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

very happy with my car , so far
By oneoleqt

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

bought my 2008 ford focus used , replaced a 200 ZX3 that was written off by insurance company . while its not a sports car it does very well in both city and highway driving . over all the car is very comfortable and quiet . the sync system is relatively easy to use but does have some weird things about it , when i use iPod connection and drive to destination and turn off car , upon restarting the sync does not recognize iPod and have to scroll through menu to get it back . sometimes refuses to reconnect . i wish there was a trunk release button in the cabin other than using just the key and the remote fob . but other than that very pleased with it .

Favorite Features

having the SES model , i have all the creature comforts electric seats sunroof auto dimming mirror and lights . sync system 6 disc XM power everything . the one thing my car didn't come with which thought was strange was the leather seats , i am actually glad it doesn't have them being i live in california and getting into a hot car with shorts on is very hot . i would have to say that the AC is my favorite feature in this car . even when its 120 outside and the cars been sitting in the sun it cools off very fast . we have a few fords in our family and aways have thought fords have very good and strong air conditioning .

Basic 08 Focus S
By focusedbi

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased with 950 miles 8/08 2yr additional extended warranty. 51K 10/12. Very basic model, no options this car. Regularly record 39-40 mpg highway comparing gas gallons at fillup and trip odometer. Acceleration is decent for 2.0 L normally aspirated engine. My vehicle is not listed on the 2 recalls on 08 Focus. Change oil every 3 months at dealer with my oil/filter. No problems to date except upper radiator hose leak at 90 degree plastic elbow. Changed myself due to expense quoted by dealer. I have been in 2 front-end accidents. NOTE: Body repair shop overtightened battery cable terminal. This wore the tin off the terminal, exposing it to rust. Had to replace battery early.

Favorite Features

Its just dependable transportation that I wanted, keep it simple stupid. Ford did this with this particular Focus. 5th works down to 28 mph without stumbling, so I don't have to shift often. Manual windows are great if you drive off a bridge and want to get out of the car quickly. A simple radio/CD. No cell phone or screen distractions in this car.

Suggested Improvements

Add another OD gear on top of 5th = 6 spd. manual for extended level highway use as option. Divulge to owners the deinstall/install method used in the upper/lower radiator hose to radiator due to the built-in clamp in the plastic elbow. This is prior non-standard. Dealer cost to replace is about 5X the retail value of a radiator hose assembly. Though replacement is simple, lack of knowledge lends to unneeded repair costs for simple tasks. Brake and clutch pedals seem designed for "little people". Separate them a bit and make em' bigger for my feet. Tin coated battery cable terminals are designed for minimum clamp on the battery post. Send a TSB to body shops to pay attention on this.

I hate this car
By dieguito06

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The only reason I bought this car was because I lost the 2005 Impala in a crash & I needed A car in a hurry.A week into the car the carpet on the pasengers side started to came off ,every time I would fix it it would come right off ,then a year later the passenger door wooden open I used the warranty & had it fix two years later the same door the same problem but this time my warrranty was out so I had to pay $200 to get it fix. now the other door is having the same problem.another thing wrong with this car is the sway bars I had to replace them too

Favorite Features

the only thing I like about this car is the gas mileage & the sync

Thrilled with my choice of vehicle PartII
By itzmynz2

2008 Ford Focus Coupe S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wrote a review 20AUG2008, I am writing part two today. I am still very thrilled with the decision I made to purchase my brand new 2008 Ford Focus S. I do wish at the time I was not in desperate need to get out of my Land Rover, because I would have placed more time and attention into the details of an S versus the other upgraded models. I have not had any major deficiencies. I have only had to change tires and purchase new battery. I am at approx. 56k miles now and my Focus has never failed me. I have been itching to purchase another SUV; however, I read reviews and see how much it cost to fuel it I immediately get settled back into my Focus.

Favorite Features

Great size trunk, easy to handle, roomy interior; decent sound system (standard stereo), stylish exterior, lots of cup holders, large console to place out-of-sight items in, beautiful color still shinny (Metallic Silver), excellent gas mileage, parks everywhere, whips and shifts wonderfully (manual).

Suggested Improvements

I believe the standard/basic model should come with more added features, such reduced road noise, gas tank latch, stock wheels versus hubcaps, trunk latch, electric (windows/doors), free sync and some sort of in-vehicle service (i.e. OnStar) for a year. I just believe basics should have better equipment standards and equipment.

Great small car
By howard

2008 Ford Focus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a great small car. Fun to drive, great gas mileage and well made. We have the manual transmission and it is very smooth. The only thing I miss is another way to open the trunk aside from the key fob. We had no problems and just change the oil. We would buy another one.

Favorite Features

Sync and great fuel mileage. It has reached 35 MPG, but usually about 30- 32 city and highway. It's quiet too!

Suggested Improvements

A release for the trunk other than just the key fob.