2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Issues with door latches, and truck latch.
By ownerof2focus on 06/10/13 10:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2008 Focus Automatic(why doesn't Edmunds have the automatic as option for review?) brand new. First winter the passenger side door lock froze. 6months into ownership of it the carpet came undone from under plastic door trim on both sides of car. Same issue with "09" too. 2 years in the trunk door latch is blown. We had to rig it so can open from pulling a rope threaded though the fold down back seat. Asked it to be repaired when had it in for service and idiots at shop failed to do anything to it. Haven't taken it back. 5yrs old now and back door on passenger side will not latch. Going to have to have it repaired when have the money. Issues with alignment on it and the 2009 too.

Quality Control
By SteveKrause on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car from the beginning had problems, I have taken the vehicle in for window problems the carpet from the beginning would not stay under the door trim piece. I always hear noises from the front end until one day the transmission goes out. I have read other reviews of the same problems.

Non-working doors
By CP on 03/22/10 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I do love my economic little Focus and how it handles great in the snow, HOWEVER, I am livid that my car is only two years old and the car door latches are rusting and making it hard to open the doors. My passenger side door will now no longer open from the outside. Is anyone else having problems with this? I called my dealership and they said they didn't think it was covered under warranty but I feel that Ford should be willing to fix doors rusting shut on one of their two year old cars when one of their customers is still paying on the car for three more years, I feel like I have a clunker again!

In the shop
By cornbreed on 04/04/09 21:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My focus has 8000 miles on it. I take care of my cars. Face it you need a car to get you back in forth to work. while i was driving my foucus started making this popping sound? Then it sounded like the front drive train was going to fall out from under the car so i pulled over to check it out an the engine was viberating the hole car. took it to the shop to find out both motor mounts had broken. besides that its been a good little car.

Ford Focus S
By Papasrx on 11/06/08 16:16 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since I purchased this vehicle I have averaged a consistant 37MPG over 13000 miles driven but I drive mostly highway. It is an automatic transmission and the ride for a compact is excellent. I can say that it is not a Honda Civic but it costs 6K less. I would say for the money there is no better buy on the market.

Focus Lives Up
By Bill on 10/21/08 09:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car does exactly what I expected it to do. Delivers very acceptable ride and performance with exceptional mpg. No issues or dissapointments. Just utilitarian transportation at a very reasonble expense.

Best car in its class!
By TrueReview on 10/14/08 09:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Early this year, I purchased an all base model 2008 Ford Focus. I drive a whole lot and need something with good mileage but also family safe since we had our first baby on the way. We drove everything in its class and spent at least a good month researching what would fit us best. I have a strong dis-taste for most Asian vehicles, but even so we test drove the Civic, Fit, Corolla, Echo, Yaris, Impreza etc etc. We ended up picking the Focus for its great value and still the best mileage overall. Rated better than the Aveo! I drive this vehicle every day and love it to death! Its great fun to drive, spacious for a little car and still smooth and powerful! Very safe too. Great job Ford!

Corolla Killer
By Will on 10/05/08 10:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wasn't in the market for a new car until I was helping my sister buy her first new car and saw what a great deal the Focus was. I was able to get it for $13,200 out the door and loved everything about it. I had an 06 Corolla CE in manual and hated it. The quality of the Focus engine is well known (probably better than the Corolla) and so far the fuel economy is better. The Focus looks, runs, and drives better. I have to say I love this great American car.

My '01 Focus was great, just bought '08..
By new '08 focus on 08/13/08 20:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Cant say anything at all bad about my Ford experience with regards to Focus. After owning an '01 since new with well over 100k mi and superb reliability I gladly bought a new '08 Focus and it's head and shoulders better than my beloved '01! I havent sold my '01, what does that tell ya. Great fuel mileage and comfort not to mention quite peppy even with smallest 4cyl motor choice. Great car for 1st time buyer as well as older frugal guy like me,

Great Car, Awesome Value, Excellent MPG
By mlauer on 07/07/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive and gets excellent mileage. My best mileage so far, over 3 days, driving 440 miles, is 41.2 MPG. Overall an excellent choice for any commuter.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.