2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Basic 08 Focus S
By focusedbi on 10/18/12 18:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased with 950 miles 8/08 2yr additional extended warranty. 51K 10/12. Very basic model, no options this car. Regularly record 39-40 mpg highway comparing gas gallons at fillup and trip odometer. Acceleration is decent for 2.0 L normally aspirated engine. My vehicle is not listed on the 2 recalls on 08 Focus. Change oil every 3 months at dealer with my oil/filter. No problems to date except upper radiator hose leak at 90 degree plastic elbow. Changed myself due to expense quoted by dealer. I have been in 2 front-end accidents. NOTE: Body repair shop overtightened battery cable terminal. This wore the tin off the terminal, exposing it to rust. Had to replace battery early.

I hate this car
By dieguito06 on 07/22/11 05:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The only reason I bought this car was because I lost the 2005 Impala in a crash & I needed A car in a hurry.A week into the car the carpet on the pasengers side started to came off ,every time I would fix it it would come right off ,then a year later the passenger door wooden open I used the warranty & had it fix two years later the same door the same problem but this time my warrranty was out so I had to pay $200 to get it fix. now the other door is having the same problem.another thing wrong with this car is the sway bars I had to replace them too

Thrilled with my choice of vehicle PartII
By itzmynz2 on 07/09/11 15:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wrote a review 20AUG2008, I am writing part two today. I am still very thrilled with the decision I made to purchase my brand new 2008 Ford Focus S. I do wish at the time I was not in desperate need to get out of my Land Rover, because I would have placed more time and attention into the details of an S versus the other upgraded models. I have not had any major deficiencies. I have only had to change tires and purchase new battery. I am at approx. 56k miles now and my Focus has never failed me. I have been itching to purchase another SUV; however, I read reviews and see how much it cost to fuel it I immediately get settled back into my Focus.

Great car
By david on 04/19/10 12:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car new had it 2 years now not one thing has gone wrong. Everyone seems to be going through tires 52,000 and same tires on it and still have a lot of tread great car. I'm a auto tech for 26 years take care of it and it will last.

Great Little Car
By Donald S. Berland on 12/29/09 06:55 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 4th Ford small car I have owned. This one purchased brand new, the others used. I can only say it has not disapointed me. It is comfortable and mileage is excellent. The bulk of my driving is on the interstate to work and in summer it averages 36mpg, on long trip it has gotten 41mpg. I would take it on more long trips but there is no cruse control. I then have to use my subaru 2005 STi which has cruse, but is very very uncomfortable, and only gets 25mpg. I plan on keeping the car for 5yrs before trading it but will definately get another focus.

Cost average with gas versus my Expedition
By Tnerb on 11/18/08 10:52 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far I'm pleased with the car. I purchased it with the thought that I would cut my fuel consumption for my Expedition. Gas was $4.25 when I bought. I took a trip to Carlsbad caverns and also to the Grand Canyon, my weekend trip was in excess of 1300 miles. My dislike: Radio has an XM button I'm unable to add XM to the radio or any of the Sync options, there is no upgrade other than going to a higher cost on the vehicle. Cruise control: Engineers this is a gas miser add cruise? No spare, yes you save weight, break down in the desert New Mexico see if you walk out. No aftermarket, no cruise, no radio and who knows about a spare. Other than that I like.

2008 Ford Focus: Best Bang for the Buck
By Dave R on 11/15/08 15:49 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Focus S Coupe mainly for the gas mileage, as the price at the pump was over $4/gal at the time. I test drove an automatic first, then a manual, and settled on the 5-speed, as it literally left the automatic for dead at stoplights. What is more, the manual seemed to hunt between its two top gears with an annoying frequency. This is not a problem when you stir your own gears. Having owned mostly European cars, I was pleasantly surprised with the up-high seating position of the Focus. I also like the steering feel, as it lacks the numbness of so many American cars I have driven. Performance is pretty decent for a car of this type, and the engine is well behaved at all speeds.

I'm delighted with this car
By MaineCat on 11/09/08 12:58 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this car, I was making a 74-mile round trip commute. The car has performed beautifully and more than lived up to its EPA gas mileage estimate. (I got about 40mpg driving mostly back roads and highways, even with my heavy foot.) Sales and service experiences have been great. My only complaint is that the headrests are a little uncomfortable for me; they tend to push my head forward more than is comfortable, hence the 8s in comfort and interior design. This car has been great fun to drive, and I'm glad I chose the Focus over the other models I was considering (Chevy Aveo, Honda Fit, and others in similar class.)

I love my car
By Sam O on 10/02/08 20:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a manual Focus and overall it's a great car. I would pick it over the Cobalt any day. Personally Im used to trucks. Until now thats all I've driven. I switched due to the fuel prices. At first I was kind of scared because I'm not used to being so low to the ground. I was used to being up high in my F-250. Don't get me wrong I love my trucks, but I also love my car. All the air bags make you feel safe. It's a car that can definitely get up and go. Although it's a 4 cylinder it's got some power. Definitely not worried when I'm passing other cars. It seats comfortably and even when you have a full car of 5 adults it doesn't feel like your too squished. Overall I love my Focus. Definitely worth it.

2000 ZX3 vs 2008 S 2 dr
By Wayne Hulsey on 08/30/08 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had to replace my 2000 due to being totaled. Loved the car. To me they ruined it for 2008. No hatchback available. Sort of ugly clunky styling outside and inside is worse. The dash layout is very poor and unfriendly compared to the original. My elbow is sore from wacking the console bin when I shift. No spare tire which is really unaceptable in AZ due to our weather and cell phones don't work in lots of places. The Vista Blue color is nice (best thing on car), but miss my bright Autumn Orange. Ugly hubcaps. Basic sound system is better sounder then 2000. Seat bottom not adjustable like the 2000. Just not happy with car by comparison, can say I wish I'd bought the 2005 ZX3 that they had now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.