2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Focus legacy
By carguy1654 on 08/25/14 15:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my 2008 focus SE last summer. It has been so great! 40 miles to the gallon is a plus. It is actually my 2nd focus my first being a 2000. I put 200k on my 2000 and so far 20k on my 2008. Defiantly a HUGE step up. Way better horse power and very peppy style. I would not be afraid to drive either of them across the country tomorrow. Best compact car on the market. Never had a problem with any of my focus's. In a few more years I will be looking forward to buying a next generation focus

very happy with my car , so far
By oneoleqt on 07/28/14 10:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

bought my 2008 ford focus used , replaced a 200 ZX3 that was written off by insurance company . while its not a sports car it does very well in both city and highway driving . over all the car is very comfortable and quiet . the sync system is relatively easy to use but does have some weird things about it , when i use iPod connection and drive to destination and turn off car , upon restarting the sync does not recognize iPod and have to scroll through menu to get it back . sometimes refuses to reconnect . i wish there was a trunk release button in the cabin other than using just the key and the remote fob . but other than that very pleased with it .

Very Good Compact Car
By jklag11 on 05/26/14 13:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had my 2008 Focus since 2009 and 9,000 miles. Have about 45,000 miles on it now and am very happy with the car. Provides a nice balance of a soft, quiet ride, and decent handling. I get about 29 mpg on my commute in heavy city driving. On highway trips, have gotten as good as 45 mpg. Sync system is easy to use and links my phone and iPod without problems. Trunk is very good size for a compact car with a nice, wide opening. Would definitely recommend.

Good commuter/family car
By sirhawkeye on 03/16/14 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2008, and 2010 and a 2012 Focus thus far (as of this writing), and I think the 2008 and 2010 are the best of them all. It's not the sportiest car out there, and the dash in the 2008-2011 models looks a little dated) but they are reliable, get good gas mileage, and are safe cars (found out in my 2010 unfortunately). Sync is easier to use in this area (2008-11) than in newer version of the Focus. The 2008-2011 is a good move in the right direction for Ford, especially with the previous generations (2000-04 especially) having issues. I had no problems with either the 2008 or 2010, and I put about 40k on both.

Issues with door latches, and truck latch.
By ownerof2focus on 06/10/13 10:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2008 Focus Automatic(why doesn't Edmunds have the automatic as option for review?) brand new. First winter the passenger side door lock froze. 6months into ownership of it the carpet came undone from under plastic door trim on both sides of car. Same issue with "09" too. 2 years in the trunk door latch is blown. We had to rig it so can open from pulling a rope threaded though the fold down back seat. Asked it to be repaired when had it in for service and idiots at shop failed to do anything to it. Haven't taken it back. 5yrs old now and back door on passenger side will not latch. Going to have to have it repaired when have the money. Issues with alignment on it and the 2009 too.

Updated 5-14-11 now 4-12-13
By mkrahn on 04/12/13 19:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sold her having 72K to her new owner. When sold still no issues and still gets 30 mpg.

Good reliable car
By wharpig on 01/12/13 11:35 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car used with 34k miles a few years ago and it hasnt let us down yet. Its a great reliable car that has roughly 80k miles on it to date. I drive 100 miles to work and back mostly highway and get 36-42MPG. I did add a K&N air filter which boosted the MPG about 4-5MPG. Its a nice peppy car for a small car and doesnt feel under powered like alot of smaller cars I have drove. I havent had one problem with the car and would reccomend it for anyone looking for a good gas saver.

Not my favorite but I'm thankful
By lad87nek on 12/31/12 12:02 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 47k miles. I'm at 104k now. This car was always dependable as far as starting each morning and getting me where I'm going. Now when it came to the doors always opening or buttons that cost 250 bucks to replace breaking... well that was my experience with my focus. The back door mechanisms completely fell apart FOUR times in 2 years. Also had problems with buttons and knobs breaking. My last car was a 1992 and didn't wear down those things so fast. Talk about cheap. But what wasn't cheap was to fix the things that broke. I will say that I was involved in a rollover accident with my focus and totaled it. Rolled it 3 times and walked away unscathed.

Basic 08 Focus S
By focusedbi on 10/18/12 18:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased with 950 miles 8/08 2yr additional extended warranty. 51K 10/12. Very basic model, no options this car. Regularly record 39-40 mpg highway comparing gas gallons at fillup and trip odometer. Acceleration is decent for 2.0 L normally aspirated engine. My vehicle is not listed on the 2 recalls on 08 Focus. Change oil every 3 months at dealer with my oil/filter. No problems to date except upper radiator hose leak at 90 degree plastic elbow. Changed myself due to expense quoted by dealer. I have been in 2 front-end accidents. NOTE: Body repair shop overtightened battery cable terminal. This wore the tin off the terminal, exposing it to rust. Had to replace battery early.

Very Good Car
By amdrewhikes on 02/18/12 22:12 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car and have been very pleased with its performance. For a 4 cyl engine it has plenty of power. Excellent value for the money!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.