2007 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Trading it in.

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

Trading it in.
By Stephanie on

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in March of 2008 and had no significant problems until January of this year with 50000 miles on it. First my alternator went out and blew a hole in battery. Most of the car is plastic so my small fender bender consist of replacing large sidings of the vehicle. Over $800 for the bumper. Then while driving my tensioner idle pulley froze up and broke causing my belt to come off my car. After getting that towed and dealing with NO space replace the pulley and belt I've had enough. The alternator is located underneath the engine in the back. To replace the belt you have to remove the heat sheild, alternator, and reservoir just to realize your have few inches to work with.

I did enjoy my car. Gas mileage was always hitting anywhere from 30 to 32 miles to the gallon. There was plenty of space and the cloth seats were easy to clean.

Less road noise, less plastic, comfortable seats, better engine and design under the hood.