2007 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Great car!

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZX4 SES Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great car!
By Andy on

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for over 2 years and logged about 53k miles on it so far. I love it. Original Pirelli tires will prob last to 60k - not sure why some people have to change them so often. No maintenance issues so far, just the scheduled stuff. I consistently beat the MPG rating on this car. It averages 35 MPG on highway trips, driving at 65ish mph. Obviously not a Mustang, but it has plenty of pickup if you gas it. With a full load of adult passengers or some A/C, it will tend to bog down a bit, but it's a fair trade for the fuel economy. Seats are comfortable for me (5'8", 165 lbs).

Body styling is really nice - looks especially great after a fresh coat of wax. The trunk seems giant for a car this size. Comfortable to drive as a commuter car or on some longer road trips.

I'm not sure if anything can be done on a car this size, but I wish there was a little more leg room in the back. Adult passengers tend to be cramped. Also, you pick up a substantial amount of road noise on the highway.