A Terrific Bargain
By RWC on
2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
My brother inherited a basic 2007 Focus sedan in 2007. He took me for a drive and was I ever impressed. I then purchased a 2007 Focus SES sedan to drive to work and have been very satisfied ever since. I am 6' 2" and still I have more than enough room. The storage and interior are very well planned. Fold-down 60/40 rear seats permit the storage of some large cargo. My wife usually dislikes small cars but she loves the Focus. I purchased the premium seats and they are quite comfortable on long trips. I have driven 40k miles without any problems. The dealer has maintained the car according to the recommended schedule. Replacement parts such as filters are very inexpensive.
Favorite Features
Excellent gas mileage if you use a good 87 octane gas such as BP. My Focus mileage suffers a bit if I buy cheaper gas. This situation has not been the case with other cars I have owned. Heated seats in winter weather. You'll be money ahead if you get antilock brakes and better suspension.
Suggested Improvements
The Pirelli M/S tires have been substandard with fast wear and poor performance in snow. I purchased Goodyear UltraGrip tires for winter driving and the performance is now excellent. My advice is to have the stock tires removed immediately. Buy an excellent premium tire.