2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews 8

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2007 Focus Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Paulo's focus
By pauloantonio

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Best mileage so far is 36.5 MPG. Five speed manual shifts easily. On open road, car interior is very noisey (road noise), and is the only downside. Fit and finish was ok since hatch was not aligned very well from factory. Placement of the aux power receptacle is questionable since located very high on the dash. I use the car for basic commute averaging 75 miles per day. Unfortunate that Ford decided to discontinue the hatch. Smaller engine (1.5 liter )and taller gears (2 thru 6 instead of 1 thru 5) would have made great mileage candidate. Advertised split rear seat refers to seat back only, and not seat bottom, so not truely a split seat configuration.

Favorite Features

Low price, good mileage, nice color (tour-red), good cargo space

Suggested Improvements

Reduce road noise. Smaller engine (1.5 liter )and taller gears (2 thru 6 instead of 1 thru 5) would have made great mileage candidate. Better fit and finish. Fix split rear seat. Cruise control should not be an option. Bring the hatch back.

Fun
By d-dave

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my daughter but find that I'm driving it more because it's fun to drive, nimble and great on fuel. Very unlike my first car, with moonroof, heated seats and CD player, it's a blast to drive and a terific value.

Favorite Features

Standard height-adjustable driver's seat

Suggested Improvements

A splitting second row seat.

Horrible tires
By j

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is a nice car that has a few glitches. The car has a prolonged start on occasion and losses power when the air conditioner is running. The car is fun to drive, however, the pirelli tires didnt last for very long. I had to replace the tires after 9 months of owning the car and it only had 19,000 miles on it. Ford didn't stand behind the quality of the tires and I had to spend 460 for new tires on a fairly new car!

Favorite Features

Heated seats, and stereo

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to spend more money on the tires. My car came with 16" alloy wheels. My tires wore very fast. I needed to replace them after 9 months of owning the car with only 19,000 miles.

Great for a smaller car
By Robin

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After driving a GMC Jimmy, the ride is much different and can't really be compared. For a small car, it is very fun to drive and it let's me pass the gas pumps giving good gas mileage. This model's standard features are great with it's leather seats, 6-CD stereo pkg with controls on the steering column and cruise as well as a sunroof. Telescopic steering wheel is great especially if you and your spouse are going to drive the vehicle - saves a lot of arguments! It has great handling and when I drive this car I feel like Mario Andretti! I would recommend this car to anyone looking to save dollars on gas and is a fun to drive car.

Favorite Features

Heated seats and mirrors, telescopic tilt steering, lots of power for a 4- cyl, great handling, 6-CD stereo system, sporty look, hatchback is fairly roomy and the fold-down rear seats are a bonus when you need to fit a little extra, cup holders in doors, tachometer, manual crank for seat height

Suggested Improvements

Low profile tires not good in snow and difficult to tell if they are low in air, must clear snow on wind deflector to open hatchback, could use more insulation as you can definitely hear the wind and road noise, needs much more storage compartments, back seat is not very roomy but it's a small car.

Happy with Ford Focus 2007
By tip

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nothing on this car is automatic - not the shift, nor the windows or the door locks...but that's good for someone looking for economy. It will get you where you are going and is very good on gas. Be sure the gas cap is on tightly or else fumes can come into the car. NIce small compact car that's fun to drive. Thye extra safety package is nice too.

Good Price; Bland Quality
By Phillip

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a 2007 Ford Focus S base model in Nov., no p/w or locks, just a plain jane get to work car. With only 6,400 Miles on it, the headlights have dimmed a lot, dash lights dimmed, battery light comes on. Replaced battery after getting stuck on the side of interstate, and still have the same problem. Its sad when you have to have your vehicle serviced at only 6,400 Miles for powertrain prolems. Do not buy this car unless you go and get a 2008 model that is showing to have better build quality! But on the other hand, if you don't have a lead foot, it has great mpg.

Favorite Features

Great mpg w/out a lead foot driver, comfortable ride in town, sporty look w/ses model, good a/c system, wipers are very quiet, 6 cup holders, soft seats that sit higher for taller people, and large trunk area!

Suggested Improvements

Better build (problem solved in 2008 models), quieter ride, better sound system such as pioneer or bose, more options such as automatic headlamps, drl (daytime running lights), standard cruise control and power windows/locks, xenon headlamp and led taillights option, etc.

Great economy car
By PWH

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle new for the price and MPG. I bought the automatic and the engine has great pick up. No problem entering the freeways in the big city I live in. I've had this car over one year with not one problem. Great gas mileage and would suggest it to anyone for about any reason. Small but offers big benefits!

Favorite Features

MPG, handling, fun to drive, reliable, affordable, good sound system.

Suggested Improvements

I like everything about this car. If I have to wish for something different guess they could improve the cup holders and add a rear interior light.

Great purchase
By joe h

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had vehicle for almost a year. Vehicle has enough pep to get you around but isn't a sports car, so you shouldn't get into much trouble. Stores long items decently. Car doesn't get hot even while idling in the middle of summer with ac running.

Favorite Features

Love the gas mileage. Not flooring it at lights and a 55mph (I know, slow) speed on highways has yielded 320-350 miles a tank.(33mpg) One all highway trip got us 430miles on one tank!

Suggested Improvements

Make abs and side airbags standard!

Plesant Surprise
By Lou

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Ford Focus ST as a leftover in Jan.2008. The 2007 Focus had $3000. in rebates plus came with a 60 month/100,000 powertrain warranty. I had a 2005 Crown Victoria that I just loved but with rising fuel cost it was not affordable. I traded in for this 2007 Focus ST to lower my payment & save fuel. Much to my surprise, I actually like this car. The car is sporty looking, has plenty of power,it came loaded with power windows,p/locks,cruise,a/c,6 cd player,heated seats & mirrors & a pwr sunroof. The car gets 31 mpg city/hwy combined. With a 5spd manual trans its fun to drive,rides & handles well

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, 5 speed manual transmission, sunroof, ride & handling

Suggested Improvements

None

Great Overall Compact
By Philbert

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new so that I could commute to college in something that would get me many miles in few gallons and not break down. The Focus actually feels solid and made of steel unlike the Corolla, and the Sentra is lethargic and boring. I've enjoyed taking on twisties and downshifting to 3rd for passing, the manual transmission is great. The pickup is good too, first gear loves to move and all the others do so as well at the right time. Snow performance was awesome, you'd be amazed at what a little momemtum can do. My sister's 4WD Jeep got stuck in the same driveway in 10 inches of snow that my FWD Focus took like a champ. The looks combine both youth and maturity, and it works well.

Favorite Features

Being able to say that my five passenger compact sedan has 6 cupholders, folding seats for hauling as much as an SUV. (well, almost) Good gas mileage (low to mid 30's) Only compact that combines practical conservative style with fun youthful features and awesome handling. More headroom than Honda.

Suggested Improvements

I'm very thin, and the seats seem kind of narrow. Quieter acceleration would be nice. A light for the backseat when I open the door would be useful.