Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I loved my ford focus
By FordGirlNY

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2007 Ford Focus se in the summer of 2008 as my first car, and up until February 4th of 2010 it was the best car I had ever driven. Never gave me a problem, always started right up, and never left me stranded. I also drove it from Alabama to New York and back 3 times, and was planning on driving it back to NY again until it was totaled. I did have to replace my front rotors after the first trip to NY. I plan to buy another Focus with the insurance money. I paid 10 grand for it when I purchased it.

body style, safety, emergency shut off features, keyless entry

seats do stink. and it needs a better radio that comes stock.

Incredible Mileage and Fun to Drive
By Matthew

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Can not say enough good things about this car. Very comfortable (but I did get leather seats) and much better mileage than edmunds lists, not sure where edmunds is getting their numbers from but believe me, I have never had such a fuel efficient vehicle. I get 40mpg on highway and 30mpg in city. Super peppy, wheel control feels like a Volkswagen, ride feels like a honda, electronics are impressive, stereo sounds amazing, much more room inside than one would think. Only complaint would be the trunk, it doesn't close correctly if you just casually close it. But that is sooo minor. I never thought Ford would ever make a vehicle this well, and it has changed my impression of Ford forever!!!

Gas Mileage!!!! Stereo controls on steering wheel, moonroof, stereo system, fluid ride and amazing pep in acceleration.

Fix Trunk! Bigger wheels, not a fan of low-profile hoody wheels, add a computer display [to show mileage, time, temp, compass, etc.] BRING BACK THE HATCHBACK!!

Almost 100,000 - Not a single problem
By Greg

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All I have done is change the oil and replace one headlamp (which is a royal pain). Great gas mileage. Good driving. My first American made car - no complaints.

Reliable and economical.

Outstanding value
By FocusRocks

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, the seats are uncomfortable. I have found that they are more comfortable after losing 70 lbs. Went from 230 to 170. The tires, too, are a poor choice by Ford. They put performance tires on an economy car. The Pirelli's are designed for 12,000- 15,000 miles so people complain when they have to replace them at 20,000. The car is well built, no rattles or shakes after 50,000 miles. It is super fun to drive, the interior is well laid out, and I have had no maintenance issues at all. The car is just as tight today as it was when I drove it off the dealer lot.

Handling, fit & finish, smooth 5-speed tranny

Like everyone else, more comfortable seats.

Good Car, Poor Tires
By JC

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for over two years, and my only complaint has been my tires. Running on 26k miles, and all 4 tires are already bald. It is too early for tires to go bald. Original set of tires really stink. Gas consumption is good, especially highway. Recently replaced battery. Great room, but needs better seats. Seats are cheap, and would be nice if they were not so simple. Needs for appeal and firmer texture.

Good MPG, good pickup and reliable. Good amount of space. For the price, if you get good options.

The original tires really stink. They do not last for anything. I have 26k and need set of 4 tires. The seats are not comfortable. Seats could be better.