Used 2007 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Had to replace Pirelli tires
By Brittll

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this for our daughter when she graduated from high school. It's a great little car and gets excellent gas mileage. She drove to Florida last August to do a internship at Walt Disney World and just this month her father and I flew to Orlando to drive back home with her. Lots of room in the vehicle and my husband is over 6'. My only complaint is that when we went to come home we had the oil changed and noticed the rear tires were completely bald, front tires still looked good so we had the front tires put on the back and new ones on the front. Drove 1500 miles and now the rear tires are bald. I will never own another set of Pirellis.

Favorite Features

Ours has great and quick get up and go. Easy to manuever.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the substandard tires.

Good car good price
By Ben

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The focus has gotten 39mpg hwy. aver. 27 mpg. Responsive,fun to drive. could have used some sound deadening to give a more quality feel. Orig. tires, Hankook shot at 17000 mi. tires rotated every 6000mi. Driving style conservative. Brakes warped too soon.

Favorite Features

Price very good, Fuel mileage excellent.Good interior space. fold down rear seat a positive feature.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality rotors, warped at approx. 15000mi. Better sound insulation.

Not for the tall
By Tone

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car. I bought it used with 17k on it. I'm 6'2" and it's cramped inside a little. This is definitely a little person car. There a no power amenities. Reminds me of my old Ford Escort. It seems like the same size but I put on weight about 50 lbs, so this car is gonna make me skinny again. Overall a steal for under 15 thou. Good gas milage, handles well. But they need to do a factory recall on the gas cap. Almost every review I read about this car complaims about the smell of gas. I had to take mine back to the dealer and he tightened it up and reset the codes.

Favorite Features

Gas Milage, price

Suggested Improvements

All the problems were gone when I test drove the 2008 wich is way too pricey.

A SPECIAL CAR
By MAT FROM MESA, AZ

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ford did a good thing with the ST. It handles like a dream and is fun to drive. My wife and I love it! Too bad Ford stopped the ST. It has been good on fuel with a high of 37 Hwy and averaging 28-30 in town. This car eats the mountain roads in Arizona and is a real road car! We are in our 60's and would like to see Ford do something with the new Focus, turbo, etc. Just because you are a senior doesn't mean the younger generation are the only ones to have fun driving! Bring it on, Ford!! We'll be looking (and hoping).

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating, nice sound system, plenty of nice features and tech equipment. Like the 2.3 and the power. Car sound nice too with the upscaled exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

The 205-50-16 tire size wears out at 22,000 miles. Went to a 205-55-16 Michilins to overcome this.

Best of the Best
By Deborah Loudermilk

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

3rd one. Have rented a variety of vehicles for our trips. Drove my 1st Focus and said ďI want this this carĒ. Brought one in 1998, then in 2000 (had over 200,000 miles w/no problems) and then traded it in for my third one. Travel about 120 miles a day and just thought it was time, each was an exceptional car. For a compact car itís versatility is good, plently of room, especially head room. I recomend this car for fuel efficency, good city MPG/very good hwy MPG, has good accelertion. Nice riding car and very comfortable on trips. Itís underpriced considering its quality and reliablity. Itís everything I needed and more. When Iím ready to trade-in for a new vehicle, it will be another Focus!

Favorite Features

Spacious, plenty of headroom, comfortable, CD & radio, removable cupholders, heat and a/c are both superb, steering, tilt & cruise control, good mpg both city & highway

Suggested Improvements

Only complaint - the battery cables had to be replaced on my 2000 due to some corrosion, just need to make sure they're cleaned up on a regular basis