Used 2007 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Better comfort and than Toyota and Honda
By Linda Leo

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When my old Tracer wagon died, I couldn't find anything in my price range. In NYC at the time, car dealers were selling foreign cars and luxury cars. My husband finally found a Ford dealer with a few Focuses on the lot. All I had to do was sit in the drivers seat, and fell in love. It felt like my Tracer, with controls easily accessible, excellent comfort for my bad back, and great fuel mileage for the rapdidly increasing fuel costs. Add to that the low cost, and it beat out the Toyotas, Mazda 3 and 6, and Honda Civic hands down. I would have considered it a bargain even without the $2500 rebate and excellent financing I was able to obtain.

Comfort in all seats, good leg room in rear, even for my teenagers. Great color options, (Where else can you get Aqua? I can find my Focus in any parking lot!) Great gas milage, with over 32 MPG fully loaded on trips, over 30 with normal driving. Trunk space is much larger than others in its class.

She is almost 3 years old now, and I've had no problems at all. The only change I had to make immediately was the wiper blades that didn't work well, especially in winter conditions.

Had to replace Pirelli tires
By Brittll

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this for our daughter when she graduated from high school. It's a great little car and gets excellent gas mileage. She drove to Florida last August to do a internship at Walt Disney World and just this month her father and I flew to Orlando to drive back home with her. Lots of room in the vehicle and my husband is over 6'. My only complaint is that when we went to come home we had the oil changed and noticed the rear tires were completely bald, front tires still looked good so we had the front tires put on the back and new ones on the front. Drove 1500 miles and now the rear tires are bald. I will never own another set of Pirellis.

Ours has great and quick get up and go. Easy to manuever.

Get rid of the substandard tires.

Good car good price
By Ben

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The focus has gotten 39mpg hwy. aver. 27 mpg. Responsive,fun to drive. could have used some sound deadening to give a more quality feel. Orig. tires, Hankook shot at 17000 mi. tires rotated every 6000mi. Driving style conservative. Brakes warped too soon.

Price very good, Fuel mileage excellent.Good interior space. fold down rear seat a positive feature.

Better quality rotors, warped at approx. 15000mi. Better sound insulation.

Not for the tall
By Tone

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car. I bought it used with 17k on it. I'm 6'2" and it's cramped inside a little. This is definitely a little person car. There a no power amenities. Reminds me of my old Ford Escort. It seems like the same size but I put on weight about 50 lbs, so this car is gonna make me skinny again. Overall a steal for under 15 thou. Good gas milage, handles well. But they need to do a factory recall on the gas cap. Almost every review I read about this car complaims about the smell of gas. I had to take mine back to the dealer and he tightened it up and reset the codes.

Gas Milage, price

All the problems were gone when I test drove the 2008 wich is way too pricey.

A SPECIAL CAR
By MAT FROM MESA, AZ

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ford did a good thing with the ST. It handles like a dream and is fun to drive. My wife and I love it! Too bad Ford stopped the ST. It has been good on fuel with a high of 37 Hwy and averaging 28-30 in town. This car eats the mountain roads in Arizona and is a real road car! We are in our 60's and would like to see Ford do something with the new Focus, turbo, etc. Just because you are a senior doesn't mean the younger generation are the only ones to have fun driving! Bring it on, Ford!! We'll be looking (and hoping).

Comfortable seating, nice sound system, plenty of nice features and tech equipment. Like the 2.3 and the power. Car sound nice too with the upscaled exhaust.

The 205-50-16 tire size wears out at 22,000 miles. Went to a 205-55-16 Michilins to overcome this.

• SUV