2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Favorite car
By nwkent25 on 09/30/08 08:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have 50k on this car already-going back and forth from WA to TN and I could not ask for a better car. We did a trip across the country with 4 adults and we were all comfortable. We also spent only $380 in gas (Aug 08). I have the mileage up to 40 mpg. The only thing I have had to replace (besides maintence items) was a blinker bulb for $1.41. I have owned a lot of cars including a Volvo and a Lexus and several Hondas and this has been by far the best car I have owned. I will run this car until it has a million miles on it and go trade it in for another Focus. Get a 5 speed--it makes them way more fun to drive

Good mileage, handles well
By Mike Bretz on 09/20/08 22:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

No problems with vehicle. Good MPG in city/highway driving, very good MPG highway driving. Comfortable, and decent acceleration. ABS and 15" alloy wheels a must.

My Focus
By Ken on 09/05/08 06:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Ford Focus and I love it. It is fun to drive, great on vacations and a very comfortable small car.

Focus ST - 2.3 Litres of Pure Fun!
By fast07st on 09/04/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2007 ST - a special performance model. The 2.3 L engine delivers good power (151 HP) and great torque (154 lbs) at a low rpm. It is more than adequate, better still can be easily improved. The car's upgraded suspension handles great at high speeds and is still comfortable to drive. It's very stable and responsive (the euro spec ST & SVT heritage helps here). Brakes are also very good with 4 wheel disk and ABS. Winter driving is helped by the traction control, heated seats & mirrors. Summer is fun w/ the sunroof, A/C & the great sounding Sony speakers and tuned stereo with a sub. I found the car very well optioned for the price. I look forward to drive it as much as possible.

Disappointed in this purchase
By NM Mom on 09/04/08 05:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The exhaust on this car is loud. I wake my neighbors in the morning when I start it up. The seats are not comfortable. When sitting behind other cars at a stop light, exhaust comes into the cabin even if the intake/air conditioning is off. Don't buy this car. I guess that "quality is no longer job one" at Ford.

Peppy little car
By butterscotch on 08/28/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It may seem silly, but the removable cup holders ended up being quite the lifesaver! Fast turns and sharp braking always caused my coffee to spill over, and now cleaning is a snap! Just take the cupholder out after work and pop it into the dishwasher. Awesome idea, wonder why my other cars didn't have this feature. The major flaw I found is that the paint is scratched and chipped way too easily. New scratches seem to appear out nowhere everyday! Everything else on this car is solid, and this car is definitely underpriced considering its build quality, reliability, and amusing driving experience.

Tires Tires
By Teresa on 08/21/08 07:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good car overall, interior is roomy but cup holders far away and cups tip over. Have always felt the car pulled to the right, I'm a women so the excuse I get it's just the road. Steering is stiff to me. Pirelli tires not good, only 21,000 miles and already need replaced. Ford states tires have even wear but baldness not their problem.

very pleased
By craig S. on 08/04/08 21:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this ZX4 as a salvage fix up had 6000 miles on it. I now have 17000 and it is a very good car so far. No problems. Decent ride for a small car. Handles well. Good acceleration. Very pleased as of this time. I get 25 mpg with city and freeway driving.

Second '07 ZX3
By 45solo on 07/27/08 15:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second ZX3. My first '07 was totaled in March. Both of these cars are/were 5 speed S models. The only option on both was A/C. I have gotten 39 to 40 mpg on both these cars without running the air. With the A/C on I get 34 to 35. This car is a lot of fun to drive and the only negative comment would be the road noise-- it's not a problem on good roads. Maybe Ford will make another hatchback soon. The second one had Goodyears the first Hankook tires. The Goodyears are not as quiet but they are holding up well at 17,500 miles. This is a great car for the money. I can recommend it highly.

Works great and takes the punishment
By trvlingsalesma on 07/10/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought htis car to use in travelling sales job. I have almost 72k miles on this car since 9/06 and only a few problems. As others have stated the Pirelli tires were gone at 20k miles. While under warranty cracked hub, broken stabilizer arm and brake drum were replaced. At 30k miles rear struts were replaced ( I sometimes carry excess of 350lbs in trunk and back seat). At 60k thousand miles had to replace alternator. I am large man 5'11" and weigh 300lbs, interior is roomy enough except on trips over 4 hrs. Driver side seat needs to be replaced, but that is my fault. Car still gets great gas mileage and is really quick. Fun to drive in mountains and never fails to go when pushed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.