Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great car!
By Andy

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for over 2 years and logged about 53k miles on it so far. I love it. Original Pirelli tires will prob last to 60k - not sure why some people have to change them so often. No maintenance issues so far, just the scheduled stuff. I consistently beat the MPG rating on this car. It averages 35 MPG on highway trips, driving at 65ish mph. Obviously not a Mustang, but it has plenty of pickup if you gas it. With a full load of adult passengers or some A/C, it will tend to bog down a bit, but it's a fair trade for the fuel economy. Seats are comfortable for me (5'8", 165 lbs).

Favorite Features

Body styling is really nice - looks especially great after a fresh coat of wax. The trunk seems giant for a car this size. Comfortable to drive as a commuter car or on some longer road trips.

Suggested Improvements

I'm not sure if anything can be done on a car this size, but I wish there was a little more leg room in the back. Adult passengers tend to be cramped. Also, you pick up a substantial amount of road noise on the highway.

I loved my ford focus
By FordGirlNY

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2007 Ford Focus se in the summer of 2008 as my first car, and up until February 4th of 2010 it was the best car I had ever driven. Never gave me a problem, always started right up, and never left me stranded. I also drove it from Alabama to New York and back 3 times, and was planning on driving it back to NY again until it was totaled. I did have to replace my front rotors after the first trip to NY. I plan to buy another Focus with the insurance money. I paid 10 grand for it when I purchased it.

Favorite Features

body style, safety, emergency shut off features, keyless entry

Suggested Improvements

seats do stink. and it needs a better radio that comes stock.

Incredible Mileage and Fun to Drive
By Matthew

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Can not say enough good things about this car. Very comfortable (but I did get leather seats) and much better mileage than edmunds lists, not sure where edmunds is getting their numbers from but believe me, I have never had such a fuel efficient vehicle. I get 40mpg on highway and 30mpg in city. Super peppy, wheel control feels like a Volkswagen, ride feels like a honda, electronics are impressive, stereo sounds amazing, much more room inside than one would think. Only complaint would be the trunk, it doesn't close correctly if you just casually close it. But that is sooo minor. I never thought Ford would ever make a vehicle this well, and it has changed my impression of Ford forever!!!

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage!!!! Stereo controls on steering wheel, moonroof, stereo system, fluid ride and amazing pep in acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Fix Trunk! Bigger wheels, not a fan of low-profile hoody wheels, add a computer display [to show mileage, time, temp, compass, etc.] BRING BACK THE HATCHBACK!!

Almost 100,000 - Not a single problem
By Greg

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All I have done is change the oil and replace one headlamp (which is a royal pain). Great gas mileage. Good driving. My first American made car - no complaints.

Favorite Features

Reliable and economical.

Outstanding value
By FocusRocks

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, the seats are uncomfortable. I have found that they are more comfortable after losing 70 lbs. Went from 230 to 170. The tires, too, are a poor choice by Ford. They put performance tires on an economy car. The Pirelli's are designed for 12,000- 15,000 miles so people complain when they have to replace them at 20,000. The car is well built, no rattles or shakes after 50,000 miles. It is super fun to drive, the interior is well laid out, and I have had no maintenance issues at all. The car is just as tight today as it was when I drove it off the dealer lot.

Favorite Features

Handling, fit & finish, smooth 5-speed tranny

Suggested Improvements

Like everyone else, more comfortable seats.