2007 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2007 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great Overall Compact
By Philbert on 04/03/08 13:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new so that I could commute to college in something that would get me many miles in few gallons and not break down. The Focus actually feels solid and made of steel unlike the Corolla, and the Sentra is lethargic and boring. I've enjoyed taking on twisties and downshifting to 3rd for passing, the manual transmission is great. The pickup is good too, first gear loves to move and all the others do so as well at the right time. Snow performance was awesome, you'd be amazed at what a little momemtum can do. My sister's 4WD Jeep got stuck in the same driveway in 10 inches of snow that my FWD Focus took like a champ. The looks combine both youth and maturity, and it works well.

Loved my first one so much, bought 2nd
By Dr Dean on 03/29/08 22:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased an 07 Focus SE 4 Sdn (Kiwi Green Met.) for the wife in Feb 08. After driving it on weekends and enjoying the ride, gas mileage, and overall feel, I traded in my personal business (ministry) car for a second 2007 Focus SE (Infa Red) with sport appearance pkg and 6-CD. Would definitely recommend this car to someone looking for a good handling, fun to drive, and good gas mpg car!

Commuter
By Jeremy on 03/25/08 11:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2007 SES sedan 5MT. This car was purchased as a commuter car to keep from putting so many miles on the Mustang and to do my part to help reduce my carbon footprint. Purchased for its base cost, fuel economy, and because it's a Ford (I'm a Ford guy). So far (after 7 months and 14,000 miles) it has met my expectations for an economy car. Fuel economy has been between 30 and 37 mpg, and power, although not overwhelming, is acceptable with the 5-speed. Styling is more grown-up than the 1st-gen and the current Focus. Everything works like it should. My cars are all well- maintained, so I'm interested in how this one holds up over the years.

Very Sporty Focus
By Hdtaz on 03/22/08 18:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned full size cars all my life. This is the fisrt small car I ever had and I love it! Very sporty and comfortable. It has amazing power out of the hole and on hills. Which most small cars need 2 miles to get up to 55 mph. Talking about being small, it's not at all. The room in the cabin is incredible! The seats and controls are very comfortable to sit and reach, well thought out. Even though gas is $3.20 per gal. I still just drive to nowhere because it's so much fun to drive, even on a long trip. Very happy with my zx4 Ses Focus (2007)

Good car for the price
By Faith on 03/19/08 06:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1996 Contour and bought this car 9 months ago as a replacement and already have put 10k in miles on it. I have not been disappointed. The car gets great gas mileage. I drove from Raleigh to DC on 7.5 gallons! You can seriously get 36mpg if you stay around 65mph. I found you get around 30mpg 70mph+. I love the way this car handles and the smoothness of it when I drive. I seriously feel like I'm driving a car that is worth 2x as much as I paid. The only downside I have is the interior leg room. I'm 5'9" and I have the set pushed all the way back. There is no way I'll ever be able to push those rear seats down for extra cargo space and be able to drive.

Great Value and Excellent on Milage
By buckinca on 02/21/08 13:17 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this (new) because I needed a cheap commuter car to get to work. I bought the most basic, bare bones Focus I could get and was able to get it for under 10,000. I got the 5-speed manual and if driven smartly I get about 41mpg highway and about 35mpg city. No joke, I track it very closely as money is tight. With rising gas prices, this car is a life saver on gas. I highly recommend this if you're a college stuff, like myself, or want a very reliable basic car with great gas mileage. I drove this vehicle the day after I bought it from San Jose, CA all the way to Atlanta, GA and had absolutely no problems anywhere along the way (52hr trip, no stops except for gas). Great buy.

Sorry I bought it
By Jake on 02/03/08 12:38 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new as 'around town' car, specifically for good gas mileage. Haven't gotten it. Averaging about 23 mpg combined, and under 30 on highway only (driver and one passenger only). Interior is cramped for older people, difficult to enter/exit as door sills are quite high. Front seat legroom is very limited (tho seemed OK during the test drive). Front storage/conveniences quite limited: any beverage in cup holders is prone to spill/tip as driver and passenger legs have no where else to go. Wipers are quiet. Radio is good. Steering/handling is good/fun. Sporty handling. Very poor gas mileage. Recommend against this car for anyone 5'10" or more, or over 200 lbs, or anyone buying for mpg.

Great & Fun little car.
By Nick on 01/11/08 13:17 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Before my Focus I drove a '93 Escort. This Focus with the 5-speed manual is a much better car. I don't really have any gripes about the car. Gas mileage is good, and the car is very peppy, and handles great. Love the sound system, I got the 6 disc changer/ MP3 stereo. Sharp looking car in black.

Good Price, Potential problems,
By robsfla on 01/02/08 18:40 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bad stuff first. At 500 miles, major oil leak from defective rivet in engine block. Dealer repaired, good so far. Front tires out of balance from day of delivery. Creaking and groaning noises from rear axle, shock area. Dealer cant find the problem. Gas mileage is 22mpg city and 27mpg highway. Only 3000 miles so far. Paid 13,300, has side airbag pkg. Paid extra for extended warranty and premium maintanance plans. Gas mileage is 22- 23city and 27 highway. Not good.

Value for money to the MAX
By lilboyracer on 12/07/07 13:29 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a car which would fulfill both my need for speed and be attainable on a modest budget. One of the things I was really looking for was a stickshift. I got this car used with just 8K miles on it and fully loaded for a song. I have ended up driving it 1.5K miles in 2weeks. This is living the very busy life of a medical resident with only a few free hours daily which i have enjoyed spending with this car. I love the handling and the feel of the car and the acceleration and power is more than sufficient to easily exceed legal speeds. This car is fully loaded and I love all the creature comforts. In a nutshell the best buy i've ever made.