2007 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great Car!
By danyel84 on 10/28/06 10:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 2 weeks, and had a 2000 Focus before that. I love this car! It handles better than a VW, & has great acceleration. I drive a lot on highways, & this car has no problem driving 80 mph in the passing lane, zipping through traffic! Gas mileage is about 29-32 mpg, but I drive really aggressively. This is fantastic for me, I was only getting 18 mpg with my old car. I would buy this car again, over and over.

Fun drive, but
By John on 10/25/06 05:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is enjoyable to drive, I have a long commute and needed good mpg. I would love to give this car all 10 rates but for one problem, there is a very irritating squeak from the back end that the dealer cannot seem to fix yet so quality and fun suffer. Mpg's are not up to advertised claims but still not bad.

So far, so good
By hootynkel on 10/09/06 09:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car so far is what I expected and a little more. 4 tanks of gas and average right around 30 mpg with mixed highway and constant stop n go driving. This car is very easy and enjoyable (very fun at times) to drive in all situations so far.

mpg not even close to advertised ratings
By Greg on 09/19/06 09:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I only have 1,200 miles on my ZX3 5 speed manual. This vehicle is advertised as getting 27 mpg city and 37 mpg highway. I drive mainly highway mileage and baby this car and still am not getting any better than 28.5 mpg.

Focus MPG lie
By JoAyn on 08/16/06 15:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I took a large loss trading in my suv in order to get the boldly advertised mpg rating of 27-37. After a month I find I am getting 25mpg. The car is fun and cute and good value for what it is, but people are buying these cars for the mileage and Ford is severely misrepresenting the mpg estimates on the Focus. It's more like mpg fantasies.

Great little car!
By Kari on 07/05/06 18:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my little car only 2 weeks but it is a blast to drive so far. I traded in my 2000 Ford Ranger pickup truck for something smaller with better gas mileage. I researched every car in the hatchback category and narrowed my choice to the Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, and the Ford Focus. For the money, the Focus was the best value for me. Yes, the trade-in value will be lower than the others, but for the years I will be driving it, I have more features, a great design, and a reliable history. Plus, Ford gave $2k in rebates that made the price perfect.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.