2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Would trade it in if I could!
By Jay Ward on 08/09/09 22:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used for my wife for daily commute to work. It had around 22000 miles. Within four months of owning the Ford, the tires were bald and the alternator had to be replaced three times because it kept shorting out. The front rotors were alos bad we were told. On top of this my insurance company charges more to insure this model of car.

A Terrific Bargain
By RWC on 07/16/09 19:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My brother inherited a basic 2007 Focus sedan in 2007. He took me for a drive and was I ever impressed. I then purchased a 2007 Focus SES sedan to drive to work and have been very satisfied ever since. I am 6' 2" and still I have more than enough room. The storage and interior are very well planned. Fold-down 60/40 rear seats permit the storage of some large cargo. My wife usually dislikes small cars but she loves the Focus. I purchased the premium seats and they are quite comfortable on long trips. I have driven 40k miles without any problems. The dealer has maintained the car according to the recommended schedule. Replacement parts such as filters are very inexpensive.

Better comfort and than Toyota and Honda
By Linda Leo on 07/13/09 08:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When my old Tracer wagon died, I couldn't find anything in my price range. In NYC at the time, car dealers were selling foreign cars and luxury cars. My husband finally found a Ford dealer with a few Focuses on the lot. All I had to do was sit in the drivers seat, and fell in love. It felt like my Tracer, with controls easily accessible, excellent comfort for my bad back, and great fuel mileage for the rapdidly increasing fuel costs. Add to that the low cost, and it beat out the Toyotas, Mazda 3 and 6, and Honda Civic hands down. I would have considered it a bargain even without the $2500 rebate and excellent financing I was able to obtain.

Love this car!!!
By Jimbo` on 07/03/09 08:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. The interior is a little plain compared to the Colbalt and stuff. But otherwise, this has been a great car. It now has over 55,000 miles on it, and is still running strong. I haven't had to replace a thing on this car. Its great for me. I just can't stop talking about it.

this car is awsome
By skibum on 07/01/09 18:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a skier so I take this car everywhere. I get 30+ MPG in the winter and I regulary get 33-35 in the summer. I added a roof rack and a tully so I can load it up to go camping. The sound system with the subwoofer is great. Only complaint I have is the road noise from the stock tires.

Had to replace Pirelli tires
By Brittll on 05/25/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this for our daughter when she graduated from high school. It's a great little car and gets excellent gas mileage. She drove to Florida last August to do a internship at Walt Disney World and just this month her father and I flew to Orlando to drive back home with her. Lots of room in the vehicle and my husband is over 6'. My only complaint is that when we went to come home we had the oil changed and noticed the rear tires were completely bald, front tires still looked good so we had the front tires put on the back and new ones on the front. Drove 1500 miles and now the rear tires are bald. I will never own another set of Pirellis.

Good car good price
By Ben on 05/23/09 16:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The focus has gotten 39mpg hwy. aver. 27 mpg. Responsive,fun to drive. could have used some sound deadening to give a more quality feel. Orig. tires, Hankook shot at 17000 mi. tires rotated every 6000mi. Driving style conservative. Brakes warped too soon.

Good Value, overall...
By Collin on 05/03/09 20:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle after owning a 2000 Focus LX. Our new coupe looked great in red with black cloth interior. We paid about $16k BUT were very impressed with the improvements made over the 2000 model. The interior quality is much improved, as is the sound deadening, ride, handling, and POWER. The DOHC 2.0L offers plenty of mid-range torque with an impressive intake growl. The brakes are good, but lack anti-lock. The stock sound system is adequate. The vehicle handles VERY well for its class; it is difficult to lose grip even in the wet. Replaced alternator at 48,000 miles ($220 from AutoZone), and a front marker lamp at 44,000 miles. Overall, we love the looks and performance.

Went Downhill Fast
By NDO on 04/26/09 19:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I got this car less than two years ago brand new. We only use it for commuting to work so it has low mileage. It doesn't get the posted fuel economy.. 6 months ago it started shuddering at stops. They told us it was a transmission leak and supposedly fixed it. Two weeks ago it began dying at stops so they replaced a tranny gasket. Now only two weeks later, its shuddering, dying, and has a fast leak of transmission fluid puddling everywhere. We can smell it as we drive, too. Ford is putting a bandaid on a big hidden problem and we're thinking of trading this lemon in before the warranty is out and we're stuck replacing a transmission out of pocket.

Not for the tall
By Tone on 04/17/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car. I bought it used with 17k on it. I'm 6'2" and it's cramped inside a little. This is definitely a little person car. There a no power amenities. Reminds me of my old Ford Escort. It seems like the same size but I put on weight about 50 lbs, so this car is gonna make me skinny again. Overall a steal for under 15 thou. Good gas milage, handles well. But they need to do a factory recall on the gas cap. Almost every review I read about this car complaims about the smell of gas. I had to take mine back to the dealer and he tightened it up and reset the codes.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.