2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews 4

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great car!
By Andy on 02/26/10 17:02 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for over 2 years and logged about 53k miles on it so far. I love it. Original Pirelli tires will prob last to 60k - not sure why some people have to change them so often. No maintenance issues so far, just the scheduled stuff. I consistently beat the MPG rating on this car. It averages 35 MPG on highway trips, driving at 65ish mph. Obviously not a Mustang, but it has plenty of pickup if you gas it. With a full load of adult passengers or some A/C, it will tend to bog down a bit, but it's a fair trade for the fuel economy. Seats are comfortable for me (5'8", 165 lbs).

I loved my ford focus
By FordGirlNY on 02/10/10 16:43 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2007 Ford Focus se in the summer of 2008 as my first car, and up until February 4th of 2010 it was the best car I had ever driven. Never gave me a problem, always started right up, and never left me stranded. I also drove it from Alabama to New York and back 3 times, and was planning on driving it back to NY again until it was totaled. I did have to replace my front rotors after the first trip to NY. I plan to buy another Focus with the insurance money. I paid 10 grand for it when I purchased it.

Incredible Mileage and Fun to Drive
By Matthew on 02/05/10 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Can not say enough good things about this car. Very comfortable (but I did get leather seats) and much better mileage than edmunds lists, not sure where edmunds is getting their numbers from but believe me, I have never had such a fuel efficient vehicle. I get 40mpg on highway and 30mpg in city. Super peppy, wheel control feels like a Volkswagen, ride feels like a honda, electronics are impressive, stereo sounds amazing, much more room inside than one would think. Only complaint would be the trunk, it doesn't close correctly if you just casually close it. But that is sooo minor. I never thought Ford would ever make a vehicle this well, and it has changed my impression of Ford forever!!!

Almost 100,000 - Not a single problem
By Greg on 01/31/10 14:39 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All I have done is change the oil and replace one headlamp (which is a royal pain). Great gas mileage. Good driving. My first American made car - no complaints.

Outstanding value
By FocusRocks on 01/17/10 13:09 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, the seats are uncomfortable. I have found that they are more comfortable after losing 70 lbs. Went from 230 to 170. The tires, too, are a poor choice by Ford. They put performance tires on an economy car. The Pirelli's are designed for 12,000- 15,000 miles so people complain when they have to replace them at 20,000. The car is well built, no rattles or shakes after 50,000 miles. It is super fun to drive, the interior is well laid out, and I have had no maintenance issues at all. The car is just as tight today as it was when I drove it off the dealer lot.

Good Car, Poor Tires
By JC on 12/19/09 21:42 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for over two years, and my only complaint has been my tires. Running on 26k miles, and all 4 tires are already bald. It is too early for tires to go bald. Original set of tires really stink. Gas consumption is good, especially highway. Recently replaced battery. Great room, but needs better seats. Seats are cheap, and would be nice if they were not so simple. Needs for appeal and firmer texture.

2007 Ford stinks
By I HATE MY FOCUS on 12/01/09 12:14 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have read all the reviews and i brought this car brand new and I have had many of the same issues with the tires i replaced my tires twice with less than 40,000 miles, my dashboard light went out replace that, my doors are difficult to open but that was still under warranty. i had to purchase a new battery at 37,000 miles.

2007 Fod Focus SE
By travisgt3 on 11/16/09 13:48 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a great get around car however the gas milage is sitting around 26 which is not bad but said it would get higher. I love the size of the car because its small but could use some better styling.

Not too bad.
By jbb on 10/12/09 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Pretty reliable : no issues in 36k. Has good pep, handles quite well, is well laid out inside, is roomy. Base seats are awful, gas mileage is so-so, and somewhat noisy inside (but I'll take that as a trade off for a lighter more nimble car that does not need 200 hp to move)

Falling apart
By GGL225 on 10/07/09 11:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Lots of things broken or falling apart on this car after only tw and half years. Today we had to replace the ignition switch as it locked down on the key and wouldnt release it. To the tune of $almost $400 bucks at the dealer. Their comment was , "This is a common problem on the Focus and Fusion'. Yeah, Ford=Fix Or Repair Daily.