Used 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

By hootynkel

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well right after my first review, the gas mileage took a nose dive down to the low 20's. Ford won't address this issue until 10,000 miles. Still fun to drive though. I had a squeak too, dealer said it was a something to do with the parking brake sleeve?

Favorite Features

The 2 tone interior gives it a nice sporty look. Trunk/hatch holds a lot more than I thought it would.

Suggested Improvements

Better visors, very very cheaply made and the doors sound a little too hollow.

it's growing on me
By jarrod

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As far as driving goes, it's kinda "spunky". I'm getting over my loss on a nice '95 Mustang GT. But, this little car has surprised me. It's a base model 5-speed. So far the only thing I'm complaining about is a slight engine tapping/knocking. Which I'm still yet to get checked out. But overall, she looks very promising for future modifications.

Favorite Features

My fav's on this car would be the interior room, the more "rounded" design from the first model, and the torquey "clutch".

Suggested Improvements

The build is very "light". It could use better materials for the dash area. I'm still upset at the fact that this manual transmission car did not come equipped with a tachometer.

Fun drive, but
By John

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is enjoyable to drive, I have a long commute and needed good mpg. I would love to give this car all 10 rates but for one problem, there is a very irritating squeak from the back end that the dealer cannot seem to fix yet so quality and fun suffer. Mpg's are not up to advertised claims but still not bad.

Favorite Features

I like the drive and my Focus is a pzev partial zero emissions vehicle; other features nice but for a low price car don't expect a lot.

Suggested Improvements

Make these car without squeaky chirping noise and the car would be much more enjoyable.

So far, so good
By hootynkel

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car so far is what I expected and a little more. 4 tanks of gas and average right around 30 mpg with mixed highway and constant stop n go driving. This car is very easy and enjoyable (very fun at times) to drive in all situations so far.

Favorite Features

MPG and looks...the 2 tone interior gives it a nice sporty look. Trunk/hatch holds a lot more than I thought it would.

Suggested Improvements

Better visors, very very cheaply made and the doors sound a little too hollow.

Focus MPG lie
By JoAyn

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I took a large loss trading in my suv in order to get the boldly advertised mpg rating of 27-37. After a month I find I am getting 25mpg. The car is fun and cute and good value for what it is, but people are buying these cars for the mileage and Ford is severely misrepresenting the mpg estimates on the Focus. It's more like mpg fantasies.

Favorite Features

Peppy, cute, roomy for a small car, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

More interior storage, better shift/armrest design, ZX3 logo needs to be reinstated (2007 back end without it), better mileage, better mileage, better mileage; come on, this is a 4 cylinder stick...25 mpg? Something is seriously wrong here.