2007 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Almost 100,000 - Not a single problem
By Greg on 01/31/10 14:39 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All I have done is change the oil and replace one headlamp (which is a royal pain). Great gas mileage. Good driving. My first American made car - no complaints.

Outstanding value
By FocusRocks on 01/17/10 13:09 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, the seats are uncomfortable. I have found that they are more comfortable after losing 70 lbs. Went from 230 to 170. The tires, too, are a poor choice by Ford. They put performance tires on an economy car. The Pirelli's are designed for 12,000- 15,000 miles so people complain when they have to replace them at 20,000. The car is well built, no rattles or shakes after 50,000 miles. It is super fun to drive, the interior is well laid out, and I have had no maintenance issues at all. The car is just as tight today as it was when I drove it off the dealer lot.

Good Car, Poor Tires
By JC on 12/19/09 21:42 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for over two years, and my only complaint has been my tires. Running on 26k miles, and all 4 tires are already bald. It is too early for tires to go bald. Original set of tires really stink. Gas consumption is good, especially highway. Recently replaced battery. Great room, but needs better seats. Seats are cheap, and would be nice if they were not so simple. Needs for appeal and firmer texture.

2007 Ford stinks
By I HATE MY FOCUS on 12/01/09 12:14 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have read all the reviews and i brought this car brand new and I have had many of the same issues with the tires i replaced my tires twice with less than 40,000 miles, my dashboard light went out replace that, my doors are difficult to open but that was still under warranty. i had to purchase a new battery at 37,000 miles.

2007 Fod Focus SE
By travisgt3 on 11/16/09 13:48 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a great get around car however the gas milage is sitting around 26 which is not bad but said it would get higher. I love the size of the car because its small but could use some better styling.

Not too bad.
By jbb on 10/12/09 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Pretty reliable : no issues in 36k. Has good pep, handles quite well, is well laid out inside, is roomy. Base seats are awful, gas mileage is so-so, and somewhat noisy inside (but I'll take that as a trade off for a lighter more nimble car that does not need 200 hp to move)

Falling apart
By GGL225 on 10/07/09 11:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Lots of things broken or falling apart on this car after only tw and half years. Today we had to replace the ignition switch as it locked down on the key and wouldnt release it. To the tune of $almost $400 bucks at the dealer. Their comment was , "This is a common problem on the Focus and Fusion'. Yeah, Ford=Fix Or Repair Daily.

Would trade it in if I could!
By Jay Ward on 08/09/09 22:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used for my wife for daily commute to work. It had around 22000 miles. Within four months of owning the Ford, the tires were bald and the alternator had to be replaced three times because it kept shorting out. The front rotors were alos bad we were told. On top of this my insurance company charges more to insure this model of car.

A Terrific Bargain
By RWC on 07/16/09 19:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My brother inherited a basic 2007 Focus sedan in 2007. He took me for a drive and was I ever impressed. I then purchased a 2007 Focus SES sedan to drive to work and have been very satisfied ever since. I am 6' 2" and still I have more than enough room. The storage and interior are very well planned. Fold-down 60/40 rear seats permit the storage of some large cargo. My wife usually dislikes small cars but she loves the Focus. I purchased the premium seats and they are quite comfortable on long trips. I have driven 40k miles without any problems. The dealer has maintained the car according to the recommended schedule. Replacement parts such as filters are very inexpensive.

Better comfort and than Toyota and Honda
By Linda Leo on 07/13/09 08:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When my old Tracer wagon died, I couldn't find anything in my price range. In NYC at the time, car dealers were selling foreign cars and luxury cars. My husband finally found a Ford dealer with a few Focuses on the lot. All I had to do was sit in the drivers seat, and fell in love. It felt like my Tracer, with controls easily accessible, excellent comfort for my bad back, and great fuel mileage for the rapdidly increasing fuel costs. Add to that the low cost, and it beat out the Toyotas, Mazda 3 and 6, and Honda Civic hands down. I would have considered it a bargain even without the $2500 rebate and excellent financing I was able to obtain.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.