Used 2007 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Follow up review on an excellent ride
By lilboyracer

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

At 37k miles a f/you review: I love this car. In fact I catch myself thinking of upgrading to say a 335i or something and then going. Nah. I'm keeping this at least till a 100k miles since it is so good to drive. It has been very reliable with only normal wear items brakes/tires needing replacement. Quite easily one of the most underrated cars out there and tremendous handling/steering and overall fun factor. The gearbox is now well bedded in and butter smooth. Fuel economy is the only negative but is more because this car encourages hooligan driving. I wring it out and it gives me about 21 mpg. However-drive properly and on a long cross-country trip I got a steady 35 mpg.

SAP 1 Package and EAP wheels : car looks very sharp like the WRC focus Handling/Steering is perfect Audiophile sound system is excellent Creature comforts at the price-heated seats/sunroof/leather are unbelievable

Gas mileage--see above A little more horsepower--if they cud avoid torque steer..car is actually very balanced with its present setup.

Trading it in.
By Stephanie

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in March of 2008 and had no significant problems until January of this year with 50000 miles on it. First my alternator went out and blew a hole in battery. Most of the car is plastic so my small fender bender consist of replacing large sidings of the vehicle. Over $800 for the bumper. Then while driving my tensioner idle pulley froze up and broke causing my belt to come off my car. After getting that towed and dealing with NO space replace the pulley and belt I've had enough. The alternator is located underneath the engine in the back. To replace the belt you have to remove the heat sheild, alternator, and reservoir just to realize your have few inches to work with.

I did enjoy my car. Gas mileage was always hitting anywhere from 30 to 32 miles to the gallon. There was plenty of space and the cloth seats were easy to clean.

Less road noise, less plastic, comfortable seats, better engine and design under the hood.

Yay. Finally!
By happiowner07

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I used to be the owner of an 08Saturn Vue, but after it was stolen I bought a the 07 Ford Focus and can't believe how happy I am with it. So spacious, great interior design, and sleek radio/ac design. Really fun to drive, because it doesn't sit too high or too low. Glad I made the switch from Saturn to Ford at only 18 I'm sure I'll be hooked for life.

Spacious Nice Detail Radio is awesome! Fuel efficiency

NONE! unless Ford decided they would like to broaden their college spectrum for the Focus, a cream or even the sunburst orange would be nice.

Good and Economical
By Brian

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very solid used car we bought. My wife's commute is 30 miles each way, and this car gets minimally 38 mpg on the highway and about 35-36 in the city. The engine and transmission are a little noisy, but not bad. I am 6'4" and can drive the car without space issues. It has a huge trunk. It also handles extremely well. We recently took it up to about 4000 feet above sea level in the NC foothills and it took curves easily.

Gas mileage, trunk, numerous cup holders.

Make the engine more quiet.

Transmission
By Lawrence

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I cannot believe my Transmission needs replacement. Yes, I have a lot of miles. That should not make a difference.