Used 2007 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Incredible Mileage and Fun to Drive
By Matthew

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Can not say enough good things about this car. Very comfortable (but I did get leather seats) and much better mileage than edmunds lists, not sure where edmunds is getting their numbers from but believe me, I have never had such a fuel efficient vehicle. I get 40mpg on highway and 30mpg in city. Super peppy, wheel control feels like a Volkswagen, ride feels like a honda, electronics are impressive, stereo sounds amazing, much more room inside than one would think. Only complaint would be the trunk, it doesn't close correctly if you just casually close it. But that is sooo minor. I never thought Ford would ever make a vehicle this well, and it has changed my impression of Ford forever!!!

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage!!!! Stereo controls on steering wheel, moonroof, stereo system, fluid ride and amazing pep in acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Fix Trunk! Bigger wheels, not a fan of low-profile hoody wheels, add a computer display [to show mileage, time, temp, compass, etc.] BRING BACK THE HATCHBACK!!

Love this car!!!
By Jimbo`

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. The interior is a little plain compared to the Colbalt and stuff. But otherwise, this has been a great car. It now has over 55,000 miles on it, and is still running strong. I haven't had to replace a thing on this car. Its great for me. I just can't stop talking about it.

Favorite Features

Good pick up, the gas is great, the interior doesn't stain easily, 4 cup holders, mp3 player

Suggested Improvements

Interior is a little plain. (They fixed that for '08)

this car is awsome
By skibum

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a skier so I take this car everywhere. I get 30+ MPG in the winter and I regulary get 33-35 in the summer. I added a roof rack and a tully so I can load it up to go camping. The sound system with the subwoofer is great. Only complaint I have is the road noise from the stock tires.

Favorite Features

Flip down the one seat and put my skis and boots in side and away I go!

Suggested Improvements

Can't believe Ford chose to stop making the hatchback.

Good Value, overall...
By Collin

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle after owning a 2000 Focus LX. Our new coupe looked great in red with black cloth interior. We paid about $16k BUT were very impressed with the improvements made over the 2000 model. The interior quality is much improved, as is the sound deadening, ride, handling, and POWER. The DOHC 2.0L offers plenty of mid-range torque with an impressive intake growl. The brakes are good, but lack anti-lock. The stock sound system is adequate. The vehicle handles VERY well for its class; it is difficult to lose grip even in the wet. Replaced alternator at 48,000 miles ($220 from AutoZone), and a front marker lamp at 44,000 miles. Overall, we love the looks and performance.

Favorite Features

Intake note, equipment-to-price ratio, plenty of interior storage, sweet wheel and tire combo, great seats, decent sound system, lots of room in the back seat, even for a relatively tall person. Foglamps are quite bright. Lots of compliments on thestyling. Ice-cold A/C. Flex- antenna on roof!

Suggested Improvements

Cries out desperately for anti-lock brakes. A few interior rattles at nearly 50K. Persistent squeak from left-rear, interior somewhere... Could benefit from 4-wheel-disc brakes. Tire-balancing issues cause vibration at interstate speeds. Could use more power, but I could say that about any car.

Went Downhill Fast
By NDO

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I got this car less than two years ago brand new. We only use it for commuting to work so it has low mileage. It doesn't get the posted fuel economy.. 6 months ago it started shuddering at stops. They told us it was a transmission leak and supposedly fixed it. Two weeks ago it began dying at stops so they replaced a tranny gasket. Now only two weeks later, its shuddering, dying, and has a fast leak of transmission fluid puddling everywhere. We can smell it as we drive, too. Ford is putting a bandaid on a big hidden problem and we're thinking of trading this lemon in before the warranty is out and we're stuck replacing a transmission out of pocket.

Favorite Features

Head room in the backseat

Suggested Improvements

better quality parts, back seats that lay down flatter