2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Sort Reviews by

A good price for a good car
By mike

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus that I bought a year and half ago was an exceptional car. I have driven it as a delivery car and have had almost no problems with it so far. Its versatility is good and for a small car it has plently of room. I would recomend this car to anyone that is looking for fuel efficency and a nice rideing small car. The only thing I would have done differently was bought he 2.3L engine for better pick up.

Favorite Features

Comfort, radio, versitlity, fun ride, five speed, the heat and a/c will blow you out of the car with small cool and heat of times.

Suggested Improvements

I more powerful engine but this was my fault becuase the option was there and I didn't take the time to wait for it. Overall the vechile is everthing I needed and more.

Second '07 ZX3
By 45solo

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second ZX3. My first '07 was totaled in March. Both of these cars are/were 5 speed S models. The only option on both was A/C. I have gotten 39 to 40 mpg on both these cars without running the air. With the A/C on I get 34 to 35. This car is a lot of fun to drive and the only negative comment would be the road noise-- it's not a problem on good roads. Maybe Ford will make another hatchback soon. The second one had Goodyears the first Hankook tires. The Goodyears are not as quiet but they are holding up well at 17,500 miles. This is a great car for the money. I can recommend it highly.

Favorite Features

Love the styling of the hatchback. Ford needs to bring this model back. The '08 is not something I would buy.

Suggested Improvements

Side airbags should have been standard on the '07.

Works great and takes the punishment
By trvlingsalesma

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought htis car to use in travelling sales job. I have almost 72k miles on this car since 9/06 and only a few problems. As others have stated the Pirelli tires were gone at 20k miles. While under warranty cracked hub, broken stabilizer arm and brake drum were replaced. At 30k miles rear struts were replaced ( I sometimes carry excess of 350lbs in trunk and back seat). At 60k thousand miles had to replace alternator. I am large man 5'11" and weigh 300lbs, interior is roomy enough except on trips over 4 hrs. Driver side seat needs to be replaced, but that is my fault. Car still gets great gas mileage and is really quick. Fun to drive in mountains and never fails to go when pushed.

Favorite Features

30 mpg combines as high as 45 mpg on highway trips. Quick car, great gas mileage. very dependable. I am hard driver and car never complains

Suggested Improvements

Improve interior layout..offer higher quality seats

Paulo's focus
By pauloantonio

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Best mileage so far is 36.5 MPG. Five speed manual shifts easily. On open road, car interior is very noisey (road noise), and is the only downside. Fit and finish was ok since hatch was not aligned very well from factory. Placement of the aux power receptacle is questionable since located very high on the dash. I use the car for basic commute averaging 75 miles per day. Unfortunate that Ford decided to discontinue the hatch. Smaller engine (1.5 liter )and taller gears (2 thru 6 instead of 1 thru 5) would have made great mileage candidate. Advertised split rear seat refers to seat back only, and not seat bottom, so not truely a split seat configuration.

Favorite Features

Low price, good mileage, nice color (tour-red), good cargo space

Suggested Improvements

Reduce road noise. Smaller engine (1.5 liter )and taller gears (2 thru 6 instead of 1 thru 5) would have made great mileage candidate. Better fit and finish. Fix split rear seat. Cruise control should not be an option. Bring the hatch back.

Fun
By d-dave

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my daughter but find that I'm driving it more because it's fun to drive, nimble and great on fuel. Very unlike my first car, with moonroof, heated seats and CD player, it's a blast to drive and a terific value.

Favorite Features

Standard height-adjustable driver's seat

Suggested Improvements

A splitting second row seat.

Great for a smaller car
By Robin

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After driving a GMC Jimmy, the ride is much different and can't really be compared. For a small car, it is very fun to drive and it let's me pass the gas pumps giving good gas mileage. This model's standard features are great with it's leather seats, 6-CD stereo pkg with controls on the steering column and cruise as well as a sunroof. Telescopic steering wheel is great especially if you and your spouse are going to drive the vehicle - saves a lot of arguments! It has great handling and when I drive this car I feel like Mario Andretti! I would recommend this car to anyone looking to save dollars on gas and is a fun to drive car.

Favorite Features

Heated seats and mirrors, telescopic tilt steering, lots of power for a 4- cyl, great handling, 6-CD stereo system, sporty look, hatchback is fairly roomy and the fold-down rear seats are a bonus when you need to fit a little extra, cup holders in doors, tachometer, manual crank for seat height

Suggested Improvements

Low profile tires not good in snow and difficult to tell if they are low in air, must clear snow on wind deflector to open hatchback, could use more insulation as you can definitely hear the wind and road noise, needs much more storage compartments, back seat is not very roomy but it's a small car.

Great purchase
By joe h

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had vehicle for almost a year. Vehicle has enough pep to get you around but isn't a sports car, so you shouldn't get into much trouble. Stores long items decently. Car doesn't get hot even while idling in the middle of summer with ac running.

Favorite Features

Love the gas mileage. Not flooring it at lights and a 55mph (I know, slow) speed on highways has yielded 320-350 miles a tank.(33mpg) One all highway trip got us 430miles on one tank!

Suggested Improvements

Make abs and side airbags standard!

Best car for the money..hands down!
By doug crowton

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Focus ZX3. 01 and now an 07. Love it. No problems and got out of an 03 Wrangler to save on fuel. Top quality for a small car. Excellent fit finish and driving fun.

Favorite Features

Handling is the best of any small car. Tops in fuel mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders would be nice.

I feel like I'm driving a go-kart.
By Mike

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the car for about a month. Its fun to drive. It now has just over 1,500 miles on it. I had a Dodge Dakota before it. Its quite a change from having a large truck to got to something half that size.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, heated mirrors, a rear windshield wiper,speed sensitive volume control, getting 25-37 for mpg.

Suggested Improvements

I don't like where the gas cap is located. I'm not use to it being on the passengers side.

Practical all-rounder
By Kevin

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car after relocating across the country, and having to leave my old ride for the vultures. Needed a car that would fit the bill to haul all manner of awkward cargo and serve car- pool duty for my 80 mile (each way) commute. At 8 months and 18,000 miles in, my Focus has peformed reliably and without complaint. Not the nicest car in the segment, but for just over $14K, I got a 5 door hatchback with all the conveniences expected from a modern car, including the optional ABS and front side airbags, along with cruise control and a tilt/telescoping steering wheel. The driver's seat has so far proved comfortable for my 6'1" frame on drives up to 400 miles with no aches or pains.

Favorite Features

Fold-flat rear seats creates a large cargo area, suitable for everything from 2-3 bikes to smaller bits of furniture. At speeds of 75-80 mph, fuel economy comes in at a consistent 31-33 MPG, even in hilly and windy conditions. Zippy performance in urban driving. Standard CD Mp3 is handy.

Suggested Improvements

Wind and tire noise can be excessive at higher speeds, especially on coarse Texas pavement. Lack of rear headrests will irk taller passengers. Aux audio- in would be nice (standard on the '08s?).