2007 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
A good price for a good car
By mike on 11/10/08 15:46 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus that I bought a year and half ago was an exceptional car. I have driven it as a delivery car and have had almost no problems with it so far. Its versatility is good and for a small car it has plently of room. I would recomend this car to anyone that is looking for fuel efficency and a nice rideing small car. The only thing I would have done differently was bought he 2.3L engine for better pick up.

Second '07 ZX3
By 45solo on 07/27/08 15:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second ZX3. My first '07 was totaled in March. Both of these cars are/were 5 speed S models. The only option on both was A/C. I have gotten 39 to 40 mpg on both these cars without running the air. With the A/C on I get 34 to 35. This car is a lot of fun to drive and the only negative comment would be the road noise-- it's not a problem on good roads. Maybe Ford will make another hatchback soon. The second one had Goodyears the first Hankook tires. The Goodyears are not as quiet but they are holding up well at 17,500 miles. This is a great car for the money. I can recommend it highly.

Works great and takes the punishment
By trvlingsalesma on 07/10/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought htis car to use in travelling sales job. I have almost 72k miles on this car since 9/06 and only a few problems. As others have stated the Pirelli tires were gone at 20k miles. While under warranty cracked hub, broken stabilizer arm and brake drum were replaced. At 30k miles rear struts were replaced ( I sometimes carry excess of 350lbs in trunk and back seat). At 60k thousand miles had to replace alternator. I am large man 5'11" and weigh 300lbs, interior is roomy enough except on trips over 4 hrs. Driver side seat needs to be replaced, but that is my fault. Car still gets great gas mileage and is really quick. Fun to drive in mountains and never fails to go when pushed.

Paulo's focus
By pauloantonio on 06/25/08 13:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Best mileage so far is 36.5 MPG. Five speed manual shifts easily. On open road, car interior is very noisey (road noise), and is the only downside. Fit and finish was ok since hatch was not aligned very well from factory. Placement of the aux power receptacle is questionable since located very high on the dash. I use the car for basic commute averaging 75 miles per day. Unfortunate that Ford decided to discontinue the hatch. Smaller engine (1.5 liter )and taller gears (2 thru 6 instead of 1 thru 5) would have made great mileage candidate. Advertised split rear seat refers to seat back only, and not seat bottom, so not truely a split seat configuration.

Fun
By d-dave on 06/18/08 09:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my daughter but find that I'm driving it more because it's fun to drive, nimble and great on fuel. Very unlike my first car, with moonroof, heated seats and CD player, it's a blast to drive and a terific value.

Great for a smaller car
By Robin on 05/18/08 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After driving a GMC Jimmy, the ride is much different and can't really be compared. For a small car, it is very fun to drive and it let's me pass the gas pumps giving good gas mileage. This model's standard features are great with it's leather seats, 6-CD stereo pkg with controls on the steering column and cruise as well as a sunroof. Telescopic steering wheel is great especially if you and your spouse are going to drive the vehicle - saves a lot of arguments! It has great handling and when I drive this car I feel like Mario Andretti! I would recommend this car to anyone looking to save dollars on gas and is a fun to drive car.

Great purchase
By joe h on 05/08/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had vehicle for almost a year. Vehicle has enough pep to get you around but isn't a sports car, so you shouldn't get into much trouble. Stores long items decently. Car doesn't get hot even while idling in the middle of summer with ac running.

Best car for the money..hands down!
By doug crowton on 03/20/08 17:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Focus ZX3. 01 and now an 07. Love it. No problems and got out of an 03 Wrangler to save on fuel. Top quality for a small car. Excellent fit finish and driving fun.

I feel like I'm driving a go-kart.
By Mike on 09/25/07 13:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the car for about a month. Its fun to drive. It now has just over 1,500 miles on it. I had a Dodge Dakota before it. Its quite a change from having a large truck to got to something half that size.

Practical all-rounder
By Kevin on 08/10/07 00:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car after relocating across the country, and having to leave my old ride for the vultures. Needed a car that would fit the bill to haul all manner of awkward cargo and serve car- pool duty for my 80 mile (each way) commute. At 8 months and 18,000 miles in, my Focus has peformed reliably and without complaint. Not the nicest car in the segment, but for just over $14K, I got a 5 door hatchback with all the conveniences expected from a modern car, including the optional ABS and front side airbags, along with cruise control and a tilt/telescoping steering wheel. The driver's seat has so far proved comfortable for my 6'1" frame on drives up to 400 miles with no aches or pains.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.