Used 2007 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Surprisingly fun for bare bones car
By bugsycat

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a year ago as a third car for my kids to use for work when they're home from college. I had previously owned a 2001 Focus that I bought new in 2001, which was a loaded model that I was very happy with. This model is a stripper, with tinny doors. The only extras are A/C, CD player, auto trans, and remote trunk release. Despite the fact that I bought this for the kids, I find myself driving it quite a bit. I like the gas mileage and find the power more than adequate, if a bit buzzy. The trunk is huge and the interior is quite roomy for the size. It is a very spartan car, with hard plastics in abundance. I've put 10,000 miles on it and not had a problem.

Favorite Features

Handling, room, gas mileage, looks.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more sound deadening and why couldn't Ford include a center armrest as standard?!

Issues
By ltwfcusa

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2007 ford focus rear door also will not lock manually or with the remote. Report this issue on Safercar.gov This is a safety issue because our kids can just open the rear door because you have no ability to lock the door and/or use the child safety lock feature. This happened to my 2007 Focus and dealer asked for $500. Please report all car issues to the people who force the Auto companies we just bailed out to fix our cars. Safercars.org Report This Now Alternator went out at 60,000 miles $800 and key stuck in ignition at 65,000 miles $800

Favorite Features

Color

Suggested Improvements

Fix the parts that are flawed door locks alternator and ignition got you key and will not give it back syndrome.

Not bad.
By mojo31

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for a couple years now. As far as I understand, it was a fleet car. Likes: Being able to see over the hood, unlike many cars today. Dislikes: I can't speak for every Focus on the road, but in terms of mileage, mine turned out to be a lemon. When I first bought this car, I drove in town during my job. At that time, my focus got about 16 miles per gallon. On the highway, the best it's ever done is 28 miles per gallon. Quite a ways off from the 25/35 I was told. Also, I don't know if it was the tires my car came with, but it is awful driving in the snow. I now put snow tires on the front during the winter. That is the only way it's controllable.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had an MP3 input, but I suppose it depends on the model. I had to replace a sensor in the transmission.

Be Wary of Ford Products
By gawain3

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in the fall of 2006. There are design flaws in the low profile tires, resulting in blow outs and bent rims in Ohio winters. The car suffers excessive road noise. It also is built with inferior Chinese metal. The stabilizer bars were recently repaired, and all of the undercarriage heat shields were replaced. Total cost? $1,021.90. The heat shields should have been recalled, as almost every Ford owner I know from this year to now has the same issues with the heat shields. They are made of cheap, inferior Chinese steel.

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Go to a thicker tire. Reduce road noise. Use American steel in manufacturing process, or at least, steel that is more durable. I would recall all these vehicles for their heat shield issues.

Ford Focus Review
By nikkicoco

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

my 2007 ford focus has had nothing but problems with it i looked up online and they have problems with the transmission and alternator going bad around 40-50 thousand miles it is only 4yrs old. so i called bill pierre ford in lake city and i told them how many problems i have had with the car and heard they would fix it for free since there were so many people this was happening to well they were nothing but rude and not willing to help even though they have replaced other peoples transmissions when theirs went out I am so beyond myself right now I am forking out over $3,000 to repair my car. NEVER again will I buy a ford and I will make sure to tell anyone I know to never buy one. worst car I have ever had

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

if there is a ongoing problem with the car then there should be a warranty to fix it