2007 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Follow up review on an excellent ride
By lilboyracer on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

At 37k miles a f/you review: I love this car. In fact I catch myself thinking of upgrading to say a 335i or something and then going. Nah. I'm keeping this at least till a 100k miles since it is so good to drive. It has been very reliable with only normal wear items brakes/tires needing replacement. Quite easily one of the most underrated cars out there and tremendous handling/steering and overall fun factor. The gearbox is now well bedded in and butter smooth. Fuel economy is the only negative but is more because this car encourages hooligan driving. I wring it out and it gives me about 21 mpg. However-drive properly and on a long cross-country trip I got a steady 35 mpg.

Trading it in.
By Stephanie on 07/27/10 13:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in March of 2008 and had no significant problems until January of this year with 50000 miles on it. First my alternator went out and blew a hole in battery. Most of the car is plastic so my small fender bender consist of replacing large sidings of the vehicle. Over $800 for the bumper. Then while driving my tensioner idle pulley froze up and broke causing my belt to come off my car. After getting that towed and dealing with NO space replace the pulley and belt I've had enough. The alternator is located underneath the engine in the back. To replace the belt you have to remove the heat sheild, alternator, and reservoir just to realize your have few inches to work with.

Yay. Finally!
By happiowner07 on 06/30/10 21:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I used to be the owner of an 08Saturn Vue, but after it was stolen I bought a the 07 Ford Focus and can't believe how happy I am with it. So spacious, great interior design, and sleek radio/ac design. Really fun to drive, because it doesn't sit too high or too low. Glad I made the switch from Saturn to Ford at only 18 I'm sure I'll be hooked for life.

Good and Economical
By Brian on 06/17/10 12:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very solid used car we bought. My wife's commute is 30 miles each way, and this car gets minimally 38 mpg on the highway and about 35-36 in the city. The engine and transmission are a little noisy, but not bad. I am 6'4" and can drive the car without space issues. It has a huge trunk. It also handles extremely well. We recently took it up to about 4000 feet above sea level in the NC foothills and it took curves easily.

Transmission
By Lawrence on 05/26/10 10:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I cannot believe my Transmission needs replacement. Yes, I have a lot of miles. That should not make a difference.

Fix or Repair Daily.... Never buy one!!
By Ricardo on 05/11/10 13:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First i will list all of the good qualities. It is fuel efficient, spacious, has an easy to operate radio, great for long distance trips, but its no Toyota. Now the bad, airbag light in instument panel has been on 8 times. Six times in '09 alone. apparently the techs can't get it right. My transmission went out at 61,000 and had to get rebuilt. The back door lock on the passenger side (which is rarely used) stopped working around 17,000 (covered under warranty). Road and engine noise is unbearable on a windy day. Thankkfully the radio mutes that out when played loud enough. Miles at purchase: 5541 Current Miles: 77100

Like this car
By tg on 04/01/10 08:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Newest car I've ever purchased. Very comfy for me and gas mileage great. At 30,000 only needs tires (seems too soon) reminder to everyone that the valve stems where a recall. Hood prop too cheap, bent that the first time I used it to jump someone's car. Car doors seem cheap and rattle some when music is playing. Trunk room is great. Very peppy but I'v only owned clunkers before this. good on wintry roads.

great nice car to own
By epapp1 on 03/02/10 18:29 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A nice fun car to drive with out breaking the bank.After driving mine my brother bought one for his daughter and is also very happy with the car.And I am now looking to buy a 2007 Focus wagon.

Great car!
By Andy on 02/26/10 17:02 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for over 2 years and logged about 53k miles on it so far. I love it. Original Pirelli tires will prob last to 60k - not sure why some people have to change them so often. No maintenance issues so far, just the scheduled stuff. I consistently beat the MPG rating on this car. It averages 35 MPG on highway trips, driving at 65ish mph. Obviously not a Mustang, but it has plenty of pickup if you gas it. With a full load of adult passengers or some A/C, it will tend to bog down a bit, but it's a fair trade for the fuel economy. Seats are comfortable for me (5'8", 165 lbs).

I loved my ford focus
By FordGirlNY on 02/10/10 16:43 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2007 Ford Focus se in the summer of 2008 as my first car, and up until February 4th of 2010 it was the best car I had ever driven. Never gave me a problem, always started right up, and never left me stranded. I also drove it from Alabama to New York and back 3 times, and was planning on driving it back to NY again until it was totaled. I did have to replace my front rotors after the first trip to NY. I plan to buy another Focus with the insurance money. I paid 10 grand for it when I purchased it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.