Used 2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Fun
By d-dave

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my daughter but find that I'm driving it more because it's fun to drive, nimble and great on fuel. Very unlike my first car, with moonroof, heated seats and CD player, it's a blast to drive and a terific value.

Standard height-adjustable driver's seat

A splitting second row seat.

Great for a smaller car
By Robin

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After driving a GMC Jimmy, the ride is much different and can't really be compared. For a small car, it is very fun to drive and it let's me pass the gas pumps giving good gas mileage. This model's standard features are great with it's leather seats, 6-CD stereo pkg with controls on the steering column and cruise as well as a sunroof. Telescopic steering wheel is great especially if you and your spouse are going to drive the vehicle - saves a lot of arguments! It has great handling and when I drive this car I feel like Mario Andretti! I would recommend this car to anyone looking to save dollars on gas and is a fun to drive car.

Heated seats and mirrors, telescopic tilt steering, lots of power for a 4- cyl, great handling, 6-CD stereo system, sporty look, hatchback is fairly roomy and the fold-down rear seats are a bonus when you need to fit a little extra, cup holders in doors, tachometer, manual crank for seat height

Low profile tires not good in snow and difficult to tell if they are low in air, must clear snow on wind deflector to open hatchback, could use more insulation as you can definitely hear the wind and road noise, needs much more storage compartments, back seat is not very roomy but it's a small car.

I feel like I'm driving a go-kart.
By Mike

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the car for about a month. Its fun to drive. It now has just over 1,500 miles on it. I had a Dodge Dakota before it. Its quite a change from having a large truck to got to something half that size.

Heated seats, heated mirrors, a rear windshield wiper,speed sensitive volume control, getting 25-37 for mpg.

I don't like where the gas cap is located. I'm not use to it being on the passengers side.

Great value in a small car,
By Ryan

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When gas prices looked like they wouldn't be headed below $3 per gallon last summer, I started looking for a more fuel-efficient car to replace my Saturn VUE. In the past year, I've had opportunities to drive several small cars (Focus, Civic, Mazda3) and midsizers (Fusion, Mazda6, Accord, G6, Maxima). In my book, the Focus and Mazda3 were at the top of the list where driving dynamics are concerned. Since I'm 6'3" tall, head and leg room are big considerations in a small car - - and the Focus fit me better than any other in the class. Add to that the incentives on the Focus and the fact that I live in a state (MI) that's rather dependent on Ford's business success, and the choice is made.

Handling, steering, fuel economy, interior room, hatchback availability (I know there aren't many other Americans who share my view, but I really like hatchbacks for both utility and styling), stereo quality.

Make the 2.3 liter engine more widely available in the Focus lineup.

2007 Focus ZX5 SES
By patricki

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased Oct. 2006 and have driven for about two months. Audiophile system rocks, moonroof is superb, ABS braking system is outstanding. Am getting about 26 - 35 mpg. Fun car to drive and extremely comfortable. Feel safer than ever with side airbags.

Moonroof, sound system and ABS.

More powerful engine. Could use a little more horsepower.