Used 2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Plesant Surprise
By Lou

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Ford Focus ST as a leftover in Jan.2008. The 2007 Focus had $3000. in rebates plus came with a 60 month/100,000 powertrain warranty. I had a 2005 Crown Victoria that I just loved but with rising fuel cost it was not affordable. I traded in for this 2007 Focus ST to lower my payment & save fuel. Much to my surprise, I actually like this car. The car is sporty looking, has plenty of power,it came loaded with power windows,p/locks,cruise,a/c,6 cd player,heated seats & mirrors & a pwr sunroof. The car gets 31 mpg city/hwy combined. With a 5spd manual trans its fun to drive,rides & handles well

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, 5 speed manual transmission, sunroof, ride & handling

Suggested Improvements

None

Value for money to the MAX
By lilboyracer

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a car which would fulfill both my need for speed and be attainable on a modest budget. One of the things I was really looking for was a stickshift. I got this car used with just 8K miles on it and fully loaded for a song. I have ended up driving it 1.5K miles in 2weeks. This is living the very busy life of a medical resident with only a few free hours daily which i have enjoyed spending with this car. I love the handling and the feel of the car and the acceleration and power is more than sufficient to easily exceed legal speeds. This car is fully loaded and I love all the creature comforts. In a nutshell the best buy i've ever made.

Favorite Features

Handling, even torque, smooth shifter heated leather seats-makes the interior look quite upscale audiophile sound system...it rocks! Appearance package-sweet looks very cool

Suggested Improvements

Remedy to long start issue--Initially I thought I had a battery/electrical isssue but later found that this is a known glitch which can be solved by starting using the gas pressed. The vexing thing is that its so random and most times the car will start at the first attempt. More an annoyance though!

A Good Car for they Money
By PC IN FLA

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a 2nd car to replace my much beloved, but(sick), gas sucking 1997 Suburban. This being just a second car I didn't want to spend a lot but I also didn't want something boring to drive, and also I didn't want to spend a lot. Well I couldn't pass up the rebates, end of model incentives, and the price. Over all this car is fairly nice, I'm not real crazy about the perelli P6 tires, and the gas mileage is a little less than expected, and a 6 sp manual option would have been nice.

Favorite Features

Design, handling, engine performence, value per dollar was a big plus.

Suggested Improvements

Side air bags standard, (done in 08's) a 6 speed manual.

I can pep all day long and night!
By protegetonone

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Had it coming up on 2 years and haven't had one ioda of a problem with it. Never been serviced (Helps dad owns on muffler shop) or had it back at the dealership. I was really skeptical buying this as I wasn't impressed with Focus's of the past besides the SVT. So when I was told this was the car that discountinued the SVT, I had to test it out. I walked out 2 hours later a proud owner! The interior is a little bland and my leg rubs against the center console, besides that I fit in there like a glove and I am 6'1 280. So not small. Also this car goes! I have done a couple small things and doing about 175hp and doing 14.1 in 1/4. I love the looks on other peoples faces! :)

Favorite Features

The red inserts in the seats,carbon fiber dash, peppy 5-speed and easy to mod. Handles like a dream, turns on a dime! I have the look of an SES, cause I hate the big gaudy wing and groundeffects are for kids. This car makes bold moves!

Suggested Improvements

Do something different with center console, which looks like they did with the 08's, although the exterior of the 08 is horrifying looking. They get the interior right, then fuge the exterior. One day they will get it all right. Wish there was more leg room in back seating area. Better gas mileage.

More for your Money
By esperirod

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our expeience with this car has been fabulous so far. Our car has heated leather seats (in a Focus?), sunroof, Sony Audiophile 6 disc changer and subwoofer, side impact airbags, 4 wheel ABS, and all other standard features. You show me a Corolla or Civic with this much bang for the buck! And it rides soft in the straights, firm in the turns. On top of this, the ST is rated at 22/32 mpg. We averaged 32.4 mpg on our first tank...above EPA ratings.

Favorite Features

All of the options, mileage, wife loves the pen holder, and the trunk is immense. We fit two 5 gallon gas tanks, a tool box, 2 flats of petunias, a 20 gallon cooler, 2 suitcases, garden tools and bucket. 2 pillows, $70 of groceries, a 6 pack of beer, a baby, a black lab, 2 baby bags, and my wife and I.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders are stuck below center stack