2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
mpg not even close to advertised ratings
By Greg on 09/19/06 09:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I only have 1,200 miles on my ZX3 5 speed manual. This vehicle is advertised as getting 27 mpg city and 37 mpg highway. I drive mainly highway mileage and baby this car and still am not getting any better than 28.5 mpg.

Love this car!
By Steve on 09/15/06 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car! Comfortable, roomy, spirited and very reasonably priced.

Focus MPG lie
By JoAyn on 08/16/06 15:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I took a large loss trading in my suv in order to get the boldly advertised mpg rating of 27-37. After a month I find I am getting 25mpg. The car is fun and cute and good value for what it is, but people are buying these cars for the mileage and Ford is severely misrepresenting the mpg estimates on the Focus. It's more like mpg fantasies.

SUV replacement
By SUVreplacement on 08/15/06 19:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With the ST 2.3 liter getting 26 m.p.g. city/some hwy. Very good performance. I think interior is very good. Has lots of extras for comfort. Compared to my stolen Jeep Liberty, it drives like a sports car. Stick shift is easy, saves gas,weight, and mechanical complexity.

Very happy with my Focus on Ford
By moe on 08/08/06 21:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 93 Escort GT was on its last legs, due to an accident. It would have made it a couple more years without a doubt. Alas, it was not meant to be. Thus a search for a suitable replacement began. Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, Chevy Aveo, etc. Final solution: Focus ZX4 SE with almost every option, except cold weather package, and 16" wheels. X plan and $2500.00 rebate plus a little trade in equaled about $14k. A similarly equipped Honda Civic - well over $20k. No-brainer.

Great little car!
By Kari on 07/05/06 18:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my little car only 2 weeks but it is a blast to drive so far. I traded in my 2000 Ford Ranger pickup truck for something smaller with better gas mileage. I researched every car in the hatchback category and narrowed my choice to the Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, and the Ford Focus. For the money, the Focus was the best value for me. Yes, the trade-in value will be lower than the others, but for the years I will be driving it, I have more features, a great design, and a reliable history. Plus, Ford gave $2k in rebates that made the price perfect.

I like to be in Focus
By robert hunter on 06/15/06 20:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like the stick shift. The transmission is smooth and aids with fuel economy. The heater and AC are great and easy to control. The rear seats are a little cramped for big people but I rarely have anyone in the rear. I'll buy another Focus when this one has a lot more miles on it.

1st RED Car
By MIKE on 05/30/06 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very nice car. My wife wanted red and got it. Loves the sporty look and interior design, and location of accessories. We have a daughter that had one and liked it so we also purchased one. At this time nothing has gone wrong with it and I hope nothing will. I would purchase a second new one if I didn't need my truck for hauling.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.