Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great economy car
By PWH

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle new for the price and MPG. I bought the automatic and the engine has great pick up. No problem entering the freeways in the big city I live in. I've had this car over one year with not one problem. Great gas mileage and would suggest it to anyone for about any reason. Small but offers big benefits!

MPG, handling, fun to drive, reliable, affordable, good sound system.

I like everything about this car. If I have to wish for something different guess they could improve the cup holders and add a rear interior light.

Great purchase
By joe h

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had vehicle for almost a year. Vehicle has enough pep to get you around but isn't a sports car, so you shouldn't get into much trouble. Stores long items decently. Car doesn't get hot even while idling in the middle of summer with ac running.

Love the gas mileage. Not flooring it at lights and a 55mph (I know, slow) speed on highways has yielded 320-350 miles a tank.(33mpg) One all highway trip got us 430miles on one tank!

Make abs and side airbags standard!

Plesant Surprise
By Lou

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Ford Focus ST as a leftover in Jan.2008. The 2007 Focus had $3000. in rebates plus came with a 60 month/100,000 powertrain warranty. I had a 2005 Crown Victoria that I just loved but with rising fuel cost it was not affordable. I traded in for this 2007 Focus ST to lower my payment & save fuel. Much to my surprise, I actually like this car. The car is sporty looking, has plenty of power,it came loaded with power windows,p/locks,cruise,a/c,6 cd player,heated seats & mirrors & a pwr sunroof. The car gets 31 mpg city/hwy combined. With a 5spd manual trans its fun to drive,rides & handles well

Fuel economy, 5 speed manual transmission, sunroof, ride & handling

None

Great Overall Compact
By Philbert

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new so that I could commute to college in something that would get me many miles in few gallons and not break down. The Focus actually feels solid and made of steel unlike the Corolla, and the Sentra is lethargic and boring. I've enjoyed taking on twisties and downshifting to 3rd for passing, the manual transmission is great. The pickup is good too, first gear loves to move and all the others do so as well at the right time. Snow performance was awesome, you'd be amazed at what a little momemtum can do. My sister's 4WD Jeep got stuck in the same driveway in 10 inches of snow that my FWD Focus took like a champ. The looks combine both youth and maturity, and it works well.

Being able to say that my five passenger compact sedan has 6 cupholders, folding seats for hauling as much as an SUV. (well, almost) Good gas mileage (low to mid 30's) Only compact that combines practical conservative style with fun youthful features and awesome handling. More headroom than Honda.

I'm very thin, and the seats seem kind of narrow. Quieter acceleration would be nice. A light for the backseat when I open the door would be useful.

Loved my first one so much, bought 2nd
By Dr Dean

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased an 07 Focus SE 4 Sdn (Kiwi Green Met.) for the wife in Feb 08. After driving it on weekends and enjoying the ride, gas mileage, and overall feel, I traded in my personal business (ministry) car for a second 2007 Focus SE (Infa Red) with sport appearance pkg and 6-CD. Would definitely recommend this car to someone looking for a good handling, fun to drive, and good gas mpg car!

Fun to drive, good handling, good gas mileage. Sharp looking sporty sedan in the Infa Red clearcoat.

Redo the cup holders in extended console (like the 08 Focus). Position the windshield visors to stay up when positioned, without drooping slightly back down.