2007 Ford Focus Consumer Review: 17 months later

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

17 months later
By John Brophy on

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I leased this car because I was tired of using my Toyota Solara as a truck and I needed a vehicle for my many trips to Home Depot and did not feel the need for an SUV. I wanted something smaller that would serve my purposes. This Focus Hatchback has exceeded my expectations. It is fun to drive and the 4 cylinder Mazda engine is extremely quiet and it will haul you away from a stop that will leave other drivers wondering what's under the hood. I've carried a 6000 watt generator, 13x13 rolled rug, ladders, power tools and more shrubs, fertilizer and potting soil than I can count. The cargo area just swallows cargo.

Tilt and telescope steering wheel, audio controls on steering wheel, auto volume control to overcome road noise. Styling. Smooth transmission and cruise control. Hatchback release on dash. Auto courtesy lights, tight turning radius. Rear wiper.

Ignition switch inconveniently located. Brake and gas pedals too close for big feet. Power steering a bit stiff.