Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Favorite car
By nwkent25

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have 50k on this car already-going back and forth from WA to TN and I could not ask for a better car. We did a trip across the country with 4 adults and we were all comfortable. We also spent only $380 in gas (Aug 08). I have the mileage up to 40 mpg. The only thing I have had to replace (besides maintence items) was a blinker bulb for $1.41. I have owned a lot of cars including a Volvo and a Lexus and several Hondas and this has been by far the best car I have owned. I will run this car until it has a million miles on it and go trade it in for another Focus. Get a 5 speed--it makes them way more fun to drive

Favorite Features

Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Nothing!

Good mileage, handles well
By Mike Bretz

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

No problems with vehicle. Good MPG in city/highway driving, very good MPG highway driving. Comfortable, and decent acceleration. ABS and 15" alloy wheels a must.

Favorite Features

Steering, control, acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Tilt & cruise on SE models, also ABS should be standard on all models.

My Focus
By Ken

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Ford Focus and I love it. It is fun to drive, great on vacations and a very comfortable small car.

Favorite Features

Seating height.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy with auto trans.

Focus ST - 2.3 Litres of Pure Fun!
By fast07st

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2007 ST - a special performance model. The 2.3 L engine delivers good power (151 HP) and great torque (154 lbs) at a low rpm. It is more than adequate, better still can be easily improved. The car's upgraded suspension handles great at high speeds and is still comfortable to drive. It's very stable and responsive (the euro spec ST & SVT heritage helps here). Brakes are also very good with 4 wheel disk and ABS. Winter driving is helped by the traction control, heated seats & mirrors. Summer is fun w/ the sunroof, A/C & the great sounding Sony speakers and tuned stereo with a sub. I found the car very well optioned for the price. I look forward to drive it as much as possible.

Favorite Features

Street appearance (GFX) package. Makes it look like the WRC Focus. 2.3 L. Sport suspension. 4 wheels disk brakes. Leather & suede interior seats. Audiophile stereo with Sony speakers & sub. Foldable & heated mirrors

Suggested Improvements

2.3 with the addition of the turbo would be just pure fun!

Disappointed in this purchase
By NM Mom

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The exhaust on this car is loud. I wake my neighbors in the morning when I start it up. The seats are not comfortable. When sitting behind other cars at a stop light, exhaust comes into the cabin even if the intake/air conditioning is off. Don't buy this car. I guess that "quality is no longer job one" at Ford.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is that there is plenty of head room.

Suggested Improvements

See comments above for a long list of needed improvements.