Used 2007 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Best of the Best
By Deborah Loudermilk

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

3rd one. Have rented a variety of vehicles for our trips. Drove my 1st Focus and said “I want this this car”. Brought one in 1998, then in 2000 (had over 200,000 miles w/no problems) and then traded it in for my third one. Travel about 120 miles a day and just thought it was time, each was an exceptional car. For a compact car it’s versatility is good, plently of room, especially head room. I recomend this car for fuel efficency, good city MPG/very good hwy MPG, has good accelertion. Nice riding car and very comfortable on trips. It’s underpriced considering its quality and reliablity. It’s everything I needed and more. When I’m ready to trade-in for a new vehicle, it will be another Focus!

Spacious, plenty of headroom, comfortable, CD & radio, removable cupholders, heat and a/c are both superb, steering, tilt & cruise control, good mpg both city & highway

Only complaint - the battery cables had to be replaced on my 2000 due to some corrosion, just need to make sure they're cleaned up on a regular basis

I hate this car!
By adamsracingbaby

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have had this car almost two years and have had nothing but problems with it. Within 5 months new brakes and rotors. Dash panel lights have gone out three times. Now battery and alternator problems. Not only that in the last year I have had to replace the tires and rims! And they need to be done again. I will never own a Focus again. Not good for car seats or tall people.

Gas mileage isnt too bad. I do a lot of stop and go driving, but it could be worse.

Better parts. Better warranty. Better tires and rims. Cheaper price for the lack of reliability

A good price for a good car
By mike

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus that I bought a year and half ago was an exceptional car. I have driven it as a delivery car and have had almost no problems with it so far. Its versatility is good and for a small car it has plently of room. I would recomend this car to anyone that is looking for fuel efficency and a nice rideing small car. The only thing I would have done differently was bought he 2.3L engine for better pick up.

Comfort, radio, versitlity, fun ride, five speed, the heat and a/c will blow you out of the car with small cool and heat of times.

I more powerful engine but this was my fault becuase the option was there and I didn't take the time to wait for it. Overall the vechile is everthing I needed and more.

Fun Ride
By Robin

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This small car has great get up and a very nice drive. It is comfortable on long trips.

MP3/CD player and the Bose speakers

The only performance issue I have is that the Pirelli tires whine over 55 mph. I can't have my windows down while driving.

Favorite car
By nwkent25

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have 50k on this car already-going back and forth from WA to TN and I could not ask for a better car. We did a trip across the country with 4 adults and we were all comfortable. We also spent only $380 in gas (Aug 08). I have the mileage up to 40 mpg. The only thing I have had to replace (besides maintence items) was a blinker bulb for $1.41. I have owned a lot of cars including a Volvo and a Lexus and several Hondas and this has been by far the best car I have owned. I will run this car until it has a million miles on it and go trade it in for another Focus. Get a 5 speed--it makes them way more fun to drive

Gas mileage