Used 2007 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great Overall Compact
By Philbert

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new so that I could commute to college in something that would get me many miles in few gallons and not break down. The Focus actually feels solid and made of steel unlike the Corolla, and the Sentra is lethargic and boring. I've enjoyed taking on twisties and downshifting to 3rd for passing, the manual transmission is great. The pickup is good too, first gear loves to move and all the others do so as well at the right time. Snow performance was awesome, you'd be amazed at what a little momemtum can do. My sister's 4WD Jeep got stuck in the same driveway in 10 inches of snow that my FWD Focus took like a champ. The looks combine both youth and maturity, and it works well.

Being able to say that my five passenger compact sedan has 6 cupholders, folding seats for hauling as much as an SUV. (well, almost) Good gas mileage (low to mid 30's) Only compact that combines practical conservative style with fun youthful features and awesome handling. More headroom than Honda.

I'm very thin, and the seats seem kind of narrow. Quieter acceleration would be nice. A light for the backseat when I open the door would be useful.

Loved my first one so much, bought 2nd
By Dr Dean

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased an 07 Focus SE 4 Sdn (Kiwi Green Met.) for the wife in Feb 08. After driving it on weekends and enjoying the ride, gas mileage, and overall feel, I traded in my personal business (ministry) car for a second 2007 Focus SE (Infa Red) with sport appearance pkg and 6-CD. Would definitely recommend this car to someone looking for a good handling, fun to drive, and good gas mpg car!

Fun to drive, good handling, good gas mileage. Sharp looking sporty sedan in the Infa Red clearcoat.

Redo the cup holders in extended console (like the 08 Focus). Position the windshield visors to stay up when positioned, without drooping slightly back down.

Commuter
By Jeremy

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2007 SES sedan 5MT. This car was purchased as a commuter car to keep from putting so many miles on the Mustang and to do my part to help reduce my carbon footprint. Purchased for its base cost, fuel economy, and because it's a Ford (I'm a Ford guy). So far (after 7 months and 14,000 miles) it has met my expectations for an economy car. Fuel economy has been between 30 and 37 mpg, and power, although not overwhelming, is acceptable with the 5-speed. Styling is more grown-up than the 1st-gen and the current Focus. Everything works like it should. My cars are all well- maintained, so I'm interested in how this one holds up over the years.

Excellent fuel economy. Quick steering. Comfortable ride. Good visibility. High seating position. Good radio (with volume automatically adjusted depending on speed). Quiet engine at normal driving speeds.

Headlights do not illuminate well. No lumbar adjustment. Limited steering wheel telescoping range. Cupholders encroach on legroom. Armrest mounted too high.

Very Sporty Focus
By Hdtaz

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned full size cars all my life. This is the fisrt small car I ever had and I love it! Very sporty and comfortable. It has amazing power out of the hole and on hills. Which most small cars need 2 miles to get up to 55 mph. Talking about being small, it's not at all. The room in the cabin is incredible! The seats and controls are very comfortable to sit and reach, well thought out. Even though gas is $3.20 per gal. I still just drive to nowhere because it's so much fun to drive, even on a long trip. Very happy with my zx4 Ses Focus (2007)

The whole car

Steering wheel could come out farther, that's it.

Good car for the price
By Faith

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1996 Contour and bought this car 9 months ago as a replacement and already have put 10k in miles on it. I have not been disappointed. The car gets great gas mileage. I drove from Raleigh to DC on 7.5 gallons! You can seriously get 36mpg if you stay around 65mph. I found you get around 30mpg 70mph+. I love the way this car handles and the smoothness of it when I drive. I seriously feel like I'm driving a car that is worth 2x as much as I paid. The only downside I have is the interior leg room. I'm 5'9" and I have the set pushed all the way back. There is no way I'll ever be able to push those rear seats down for extra cargo space and be able to drive.

Gas mileage, price, handling