2007 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Follow up review on an excellent ride
By lilboyracer on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

At 37k miles a f/you review: I love this car. In fact I catch myself thinking of upgrading to say a 335i or something and then going. Nah. I'm keeping this at least till a 100k miles since it is so good to drive. It has been very reliable with only normal wear items brakes/tires needing replacement. Quite easily one of the most underrated cars out there and tremendous handling/steering and overall fun factor. The gearbox is now well bedded in and butter smooth. Fuel economy is the only negative but is more because this car encourages hooligan driving. I wring it out and it gives me about 21 mpg. However-drive properly and on a long cross-country trip I got a steady 35 mpg.

Good and Economical
By Brian on 06/17/10 12:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very solid used car we bought. My wife's commute is 30 miles each way, and this car gets minimally 38 mpg on the highway and about 35-36 in the city. The engine and transmission are a little noisy, but not bad. I am 6'4" and can drive the car without space issues. It has a huge trunk. It also handles extremely well. We recently took it up to about 4000 feet above sea level in the NC foothills and it took curves easily.

A SPECIAL CAR
By MAT FROM MESA, AZ on 03/05/09 19:14 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ford did a good thing with the ST. It handles like a dream and is fun to drive. My wife and I love it! Too bad Ford stopped the ST. It has been good on fuel with a high of 37 Hwy and averaging 28-30 in town. This car eats the mountain roads in Arizona and is a real road car! We are in our 60's and would like to see Ford do something with the new Focus, turbo, etc. Just because you are a senior doesn't mean the younger generation are the only ones to have fun driving! Bring it on, Ford!! We'll be looking (and hoping).

Focus ST - 2.3 Litres of Pure Fun!
By fast07st on 09/04/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2007 ST - a special performance model. The 2.3 L engine delivers good power (151 HP) and great torque (154 lbs) at a low rpm. It is more than adequate, better still can be easily improved. The car's upgraded suspension handles great at high speeds and is still comfortable to drive. It's very stable and responsive (the euro spec ST & SVT heritage helps here). Brakes are also very good with 4 wheel disk and ABS. Winter driving is helped by the traction control, heated seats & mirrors. Summer is fun w/ the sunroof, A/C & the great sounding Sony speakers and tuned stereo with a sub. I found the car very well optioned for the price. I look forward to drive it as much as possible.

Peppy little car
By butterscotch on 08/28/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It may seem silly, but the removable cup holders ended up being quite the lifesaver! Fast turns and sharp braking always caused my coffee to spill over, and now cleaning is a snap! Just take the cupholder out after work and pop it into the dishwasher. Awesome idea, wonder why my other cars didn't have this feature. The major flaw I found is that the paint is scratched and chipped way too easily. New scratches seem to appear out nowhere everyday! Everything else on this car is solid, and this car is definitely underpriced considering its build quality, reliability, and amusing driving experience.

Plesant Surprise
By Lou on 04/29/08 16:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Ford Focus ST as a leftover in Jan.2008. The 2007 Focus had $3000. in rebates plus came with a 60 month/100,000 powertrain warranty. I had a 2005 Crown Victoria that I just loved but with rising fuel cost it was not affordable. I traded in for this 2007 Focus ST to lower my payment & save fuel. Much to my surprise, I actually like this car. The car is sporty looking, has plenty of power,it came loaded with power windows,p/locks,cruise,a/c,6 cd player,heated seats & mirrors & a pwr sunroof. The car gets 31 mpg city/hwy combined. With a 5spd manual trans its fun to drive,rides & handles well

Value for money to the MAX
By lilboyracer on 12/07/07 13:29 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a car which would fulfill both my need for speed and be attainable on a modest budget. One of the things I was really looking for was a stickshift. I got this car used with just 8K miles on it and fully loaded for a song. I have ended up driving it 1.5K miles in 2weeks. This is living the very busy life of a medical resident with only a few free hours daily which i have enjoyed spending with this car. I love the handling and the feel of the car and the acceleration and power is more than sufficient to easily exceed legal speeds. This car is fully loaded and I love all the creature comforts. In a nutshell the best buy i've ever made.

A Good Car for they Money
By PC IN FLA on 11/12/07 11:40 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a 2nd car to replace my much beloved, but(sick), gas sucking 1997 Suburban. This being just a second car I didn't want to spend a lot but I also didn't want something boring to drive, and also I didn't want to spend a lot. Well I couldn't pass up the rebates, end of model incentives, and the price. Over all this car is fairly nice, I'm not real crazy about the perelli P6 tires, and the gas mileage is a little less than expected, and a 6 sp manual option would have been nice.

I can pep all day long and night!
By protegetonone on 09/16/07 09:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Had it coming up on 2 years and haven't had one ioda of a problem with it. Never been serviced (Helps dad owns on muffler shop) or had it back at the dealership. I was really skeptical buying this as I wasn't impressed with Focus's of the past besides the SVT. So when I was told this was the car that discountinued the SVT, I had to test it out. I walked out 2 hours later a proud owner! The interior is a little bland and my leg rubs against the center console, besides that I fit in there like a glove and I am 6'1 280. So not small. Also this car goes! I have done a couple small things and doing about 175hp and doing 14.1 in 1/4. I love the looks on other peoples faces! :)

More for your Money
By esperirod on 06/12/07 18:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our expeience with this car has been fabulous so far. Our car has heated leather seats (in a Focus?), sunroof, Sony Audiophile 6 disc changer and subwoofer, side impact airbags, 4 wheel ABS, and all other standard features. You show me a Corolla or Civic with this much bang for the buck! And it rides soft in the straights, firm in the turns. On top of this, the ST is rated at 22/32 mpg. We averaged 32.4 mpg on our first tank...above EPA ratings.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.