2007 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Issues
By ltwfcusa on 02/16/12 18:22 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2007 ford focus rear door also will not lock manually or with the remote. Report this issue on Safercar.gov This is a safety issue because our kids can just open the rear door because you have no ability to lock the door and/or use the child safety lock feature. This happened to my 2007 Focus and dealer asked for $500. Please report all car issues to the people who force the Auto companies we just bailed out to fix our cars. Safercars.org Report This Now Alternator went out at 60,000 miles $800 and key stuck in ignition at 65,000 miles $800

Ford Focus Review
By nikkicoco on 08/31/11 19:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

my 2007 ford focus has had nothing but problems with it i looked up online and they have problems with the transmission and alternator going bad around 40-50 thousand miles it is only 4yrs old. so i called bill pierre ford in lake city and i told them how many problems i have had with the car and heard they would fix it for free since there were so many people this was happening to well they were nothing but rude and not willing to help even though they have replaced other peoples transmissions when theirs went out I am so beyond myself right now I am forking out over $3,000 to repair my car. NEVER again will I buy a ford and I will make sure to tell anyone I know to never buy one. worst car I have ever had

Fix or Repair Daily.... Never buy one!!
By Ricardo on 05/11/10 13:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First i will list all of the good qualities. It is fuel efficient, spacious, has an easy to operate radio, great for long distance trips, but its no Toyota. Now the bad, airbag light in instument panel has been on 8 times. Six times in '09 alone. apparently the techs can't get it right. My transmission went out at 61,000 and had to get rebuilt. The back door lock on the passenger side (which is rarely used) stopped working around 17,000 (covered under warranty). Road and engine noise is unbearable on a windy day. Thankkfully the radio mutes that out when played loud enough. Miles at purchase: 5541 Current Miles: 77100

great nice car to own
By epapp1 on 03/02/10 18:29 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A nice fun car to drive with out breaking the bank.After driving mine my brother bought one for his daughter and is also very happy with the car.And I am now looking to buy a 2007 Focus wagon.

I loved my ford focus
By FordGirlNY on 02/10/10 16:43 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2007 Ford Focus se in the summer of 2008 as my first car, and up until February 4th of 2010 it was the best car I had ever driven. Never gave me a problem, always started right up, and never left me stranded. I also drove it from Alabama to New York and back 3 times, and was planning on driving it back to NY again until it was totaled. I did have to replace my front rotors after the first trip to NY. I plan to buy another Focus with the insurance money. I paid 10 grand for it when I purchased it.

2007 Ford stinks
By I HATE MY FOCUS on 12/01/09 12:14 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have read all the reviews and i brought this car brand new and I have had many of the same issues with the tires i replaced my tires twice with less than 40,000 miles, my dashboard light went out replace that, my doors are difficult to open but that was still under warranty. i had to purchase a new battery at 37,000 miles.

2007 Fod Focus SE
By travisgt3 on 11/16/09 13:48 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a great get around car however the gas milage is sitting around 26 which is not bad but said it would get higher. I love the size of the car because its small but could use some better styling.

Not too bad.
By jbb on 10/12/09 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Pretty reliable : no issues in 36k. Has good pep, handles quite well, is well laid out inside, is roomy. Base seats are awful, gas mileage is so-so, and somewhat noisy inside (but I'll take that as a trade off for a lighter more nimble car that does not need 200 hp to move)

Would trade it in if I could!
By Jay Ward on 08/09/09 22:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used for my wife for daily commute to work. It had around 22000 miles. Within four months of owning the Ford, the tires were bald and the alternator had to be replaced three times because it kept shorting out. The front rotors were alos bad we were told. On top of this my insurance company charges more to insure this model of car.

Good car good price
By Ben on 05/23/09 16:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The focus has gotten 39mpg hwy. aver. 27 mpg. Responsive,fun to drive. could have used some sound deadening to give a more quality feel. Orig. tires, Hankook shot at 17000 mi. tires rotated every 6000mi. Driving style conservative. Brakes warped too soon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.