Used 2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Issues
By ltwfcusa

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2007 ford focus rear door also will not lock manually or with the remote. Report this issue on Safercar.gov This is a safety issue because our kids can just open the rear door because you have no ability to lock the door and/or use the child safety lock feature. This happened to my 2007 Focus and dealer asked for $500. Please report all car issues to the people who force the Auto companies we just bailed out to fix our cars. Safercars.org Report This Now Alternator went out at 60,000 miles $800 and key stuck in ignition at 65,000 miles $800

Favorite Features

Color

Suggested Improvements

Fix the parts that are flawed door locks alternator and ignition got you key and will not give it back syndrome.

Ford Focus Review
By nikkicoco

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

my 2007 ford focus has had nothing but problems with it i looked up online and they have problems with the transmission and alternator going bad around 40-50 thousand miles it is only 4yrs old. so i called bill pierre ford in lake city and i told them how many problems i have had with the car and heard they would fix it for free since there were so many people this was happening to well they were nothing but rude and not willing to help even though they have replaced other peoples transmissions when theirs went out I am so beyond myself right now I am forking out over $3,000 to repair my car. NEVER again will I buy a ford and I will make sure to tell anyone I know to never buy one. worst car I have ever had

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

if there is a ongoing problem with the car then there should be a warranty to fix it

Fix or Repair Daily.... Never buy one!!
By Ricardo

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First i will list all of the good qualities. It is fuel efficient, spacious, has an easy to operate radio, great for long distance trips, but its no Toyota. Now the bad, airbag light in instument panel has been on 8 times. Six times in '09 alone. apparently the techs can't get it right. My transmission went out at 61,000 and had to get rebuilt. The back door lock on the passenger side (which is rarely used) stopped working around 17,000 (covered under warranty). Road and engine noise is unbearable on a windy day. Thankkfully the radio mutes that out when played loud enough. Miles at purchase: 5541 Current Miles: 77100

Favorite Features

Sound system, comfort, space, cost to own is really cheap. Just make sure u get the exted warranty to cover at least to 75000 miles.

Suggested Improvements

The new focus isbuilt better however the passenger space is a lot smaller. Better engine is needed.

great nice car to own
By epapp1

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A nice fun car to drive with out breaking the bank.After driving mine my brother bought one for his daughter and is also very happy with the car.And I am now looking to buy a 2007 Focus wagon.

Favorite Features

The way it rides the way it looks and a very nice drive train.

Suggested Improvements

I hate the the sun visors and the seats head rest should have been movable.

I loved my ford focus
By FordGirlNY

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2007 Ford Focus se in the summer of 2008 as my first car, and up until February 4th of 2010 it was the best car I had ever driven. Never gave me a problem, always started right up, and never left me stranded. I also drove it from Alabama to New York and back 3 times, and was planning on driving it back to NY again until it was totaled. I did have to replace my front rotors after the first trip to NY. I plan to buy another Focus with the insurance money. I paid 10 grand for it when I purchased it.

Favorite Features

body style, safety, emergency shut off features, keyless entry

Suggested Improvements

seats do stink. and it needs a better radio that comes stock.