2007 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Reliable and sensible
By northbay525 on 01/20/14 17:04 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2007 Ford Focus zx4 s pzev is a great buy. I had been driving around rental cars for 3 months prior to purchasing this car and i'd take it over any of those brand new rentals. Clutch feels awesome on this vehicle. Plus its manual everything!locks, windows, everything and none of those stupid touch buttons. Anything automatic on a car brakes eventually. I commute 2 hours a day and last leg of commute is up a mountain, it runs up it like nothing. brand new chevy cruze and sonic don't run up the mountain like the focus. Also tall head space, a 6 foot man wont smack his head on the ceiling coming in and out unlike Japanese imports. Only Con is the seats, not comfortable at all

Surprisingly fun for bare bones car
By bugsycat on 03/31/12 20:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a year ago as a third car for my kids to use for work when they're home from college. I had previously owned a 2001 Focus that I bought new in 2001, which was a loaded model that I was very happy with. This model is a stripper, with tinny doors. The only extras are A/C, CD player, auto trans, and remote trunk release. Despite the fact that I bought this for the kids, I find myself driving it quite a bit. I like the gas mileage and find the power more than adequate, if a bit buzzy. The trunk is huge and the interior is quite roomy for the size. It is a very spartan car, with hard plastics in abundance. I've put 10,000 miles on it and not had a problem.

Not bad.
By mojo31 on 01/22/12 13:40 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for a couple years now. As far as I understand, it was a fleet car. Likes: Being able to see over the hood, unlike many cars today. Dislikes: I can't speak for every Focus on the road, but in terms of mileage, mine turned out to be a lemon. When I first bought this car, I drove in town during my job. At that time, my focus got about 16 miles per gallon. On the highway, the best it's ever done is 28 miles per gallon. Quite a ways off from the 25/35 I was told. Also, I don't know if it was the tires my car came with, but it is awful driving in the snow. I now put snow tires on the front during the winter. That is the only way it's controllable.

Like this car
By tg on 04/01/10 08:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Newest car I've ever purchased. Very comfy for me and gas mileage great. At 30,000 only needs tires (seems too soon) reminder to everyone that the valve stems where a recall. Hood prop too cheap, bent that the first time I used it to jump someone's car. Car doors seem cheap and rattle some when music is playing. Trunk room is great. Very peppy but I'v only owned clunkers before this. good on wintry roads.

Falling apart
By GGL225 on 10/07/09 11:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Lots of things broken or falling apart on this car after only tw and half years. Today we had to replace the ignition switch as it locked down on the key and wouldnt release it. To the tune of $almost $400 bucks at the dealer. Their comment was , "This is a common problem on the Focus and Fusion'. Yeah, Ford=Fix Or Repair Daily.

Not for the tall
By Tone on 04/17/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car. I bought it used with 17k on it. I'm 6'2" and it's cramped inside a little. This is definitely a little person car. There a no power amenities. Reminds me of my old Ford Escort. It seems like the same size but I put on weight about 50 lbs, so this car is gonna make me skinny again. Overall a steal for under 15 thou. Good gas milage, handles well. But they need to do a factory recall on the gas cap. Almost every review I read about this car complaims about the smell of gas. I had to take mine back to the dealer and he tightened it up and reset the codes.

Favorite car
By nwkent25 on 09/30/08 08:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have 50k on this car already-going back and forth from WA to TN and I could not ask for a better car. We did a trip across the country with 4 adults and we were all comfortable. We also spent only $380 in gas (Aug 08). I have the mileage up to 40 mpg. The only thing I have had to replace (besides maintence items) was a blinker bulb for $1.41. I have owned a lot of cars including a Volvo and a Lexus and several Hondas and this has been by far the best car I have owned. I will run this car until it has a million miles on it and go trade it in for another Focus. Get a 5 speed--it makes them way more fun to drive

Happy with Ford Focus 2007
By tip on 05/14/08 18:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nothing on this car is automatic - not the shift, nor the windows or the door locks...but that's good for someone looking for economy. It will get you where you are going and is very good on gas. Be sure the gas cap is on tightly or else fumes can come into the car. NIce small compact car that's fun to drive. Thye extra safety package is nice too.

Good Price; Bland Quality
By Phillip on 05/11/08 23:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a 2007 Ford Focus S base model in Nov., no p/w or locks, just a plain jane get to work car. With only 6,400 Miles on it, the headlights have dimmed a lot, dash lights dimmed, battery light comes on. Replaced battery after getting stuck on the side of interstate, and still have the same problem. Its sad when you have to have your vehicle serviced at only 6,400 Miles for powertrain prolems. Do not buy this car unless you go and get a 2008 model that is showing to have better build quality! But on the other hand, if you don't have a lead foot, it has great mpg.

Great Overall Compact
By Philbert on 04/03/08 13:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new so that I could commute to college in something that would get me many miles in few gallons and not break down. The Focus actually feels solid and made of steel unlike the Corolla, and the Sentra is lethargic and boring. I've enjoyed taking on twisties and downshifting to 3rd for passing, the manual transmission is great. The pickup is good too, first gear loves to move and all the others do so as well at the right time. Snow performance was awesome, you'd be amazed at what a little momemtum can do. My sister's 4WD Jeep got stuck in the same driveway in 10 inches of snow that my FWD Focus took like a champ. The looks combine both youth and maturity, and it works well.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.