Used 2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great Little Workhorse of a Car
By G.C. Cantor

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My parents purchased this car new in 2007 for about $17,500. I received it from them in February 2013 w/18,400 miles on it. Today it has just under 50,000 miles. I can't say enough good things about it. The interior headroom is excellent as are the sight lines based on the fact that the front seats are mounted on an elevated platform, unlike the newer Focus model, whose seats are mounted very low. I must transport my elderly mother to frequent doctor appointments and she has no difficulty getting in or out of the car. The car accelerates well, particularly on freeway ramps and corners remarkably well for a smaller vehicle. Gas mileage could be a little better, but I probably average 26-27 mpg in city and 30 or so on the highway. Still operating with its original belts and hoses. I particularly love the hatch and the voluminous trunk storage, which has more cubic feet than on many larger models. Some rattles and noises, particularly when the weather is cold, but nothing major. The heated seats are wonderful during the long Ohio winters as are the heated mirrors. In short, a great car for little money.

This car had run its course
By Marie

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm driving my dad's old Focus now and hate it. It's not well-made inside and even with a Bluetooth, connectivity is iffy. There is nothing comfortable about it. Now looking for a Mazda or other, newer Ford.

Saved my Life
By mstack

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for just 19 days, but it saved my life. I got in an accident today and the cars safety systems went off without a hitch. I could not be more grateful for how the car responded to the crash, but me and my passenger both walked out of the vehicle with nothing bit a stinging arm from the air bag and a scraped shoulder from the seat belt. This car saved my life and my passengers life. It's safe, economical, and in the 19 days I had it, I loved it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat, but hopefully it held up enough so I can salvage the one I have.

SAFETY, economical, sound system, extremely comfortable, good looking.

It was my first car, I can't complain.

my foci
By my foci

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very satisfied I'm happy I bought this car, very quite comfortable ride, amazing gas mileage, style everything. Well done Ford.

Quite, comfortable, gas mile age, style

none

perille tires
By eliz3618

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

we leased a 2007 ford focus and returned it 2 weeks ago to purchase a 2009tord fusion. To our shock, we rec'd a bill from FMC stating we owe$600.00 for overuse of the perille tires. We have always leased, and never have we rec'd a bill for anything.,called other ford motor dealers and they stated the perille tires are only warranted for 1 yr..why is FMC putting tires on cars that they know in advance will not hold up.,we turned the car inw/31,000 miles, perille tire is suppose to be good for 40.000 miles. FMC is really shooting themselves in the foot because if we are forced to pay this, it will be the last ford we ever buy. what an insult to the consumer. tires were noisy & poor traction.

we tried to call customer service regarding the perille tires and they tell us it is out of their hands and too bad. we have to pay it.

Why make the customer pay for FMC's faults.,why put tires on that you know will not hold up. These tires were rotated as scheduled by a ford dealer in petoskey, mi., and they will not put the tires on their cars, poor performance. they told us this directly, too many complaints w/this perille tire.