2007 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Simply a GREAT car!!!!
By rshipman88 on 08/11/11 07:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

To start off I have the 2007 SE 5 speed automatic model. I bought her brand new hot off the lot in June of '07 and I have been happy with it ever since. My car is my life line, with that said my car has NEVER given me a lick of problems and has always gotten at least 25mpg. All the times me and 4 of my family and friends pile into her and take off for a night out in a downtown location, with the extra weight in stop and go traffic she has made not so much as a squeek. Even the times I got mad at my husband and floored her down the road, not a squeek. When me hubby and i moved from Atlanta to Austin, Texas the storage was very spacious (all of our clothes, and our cat boots) fit.

Good ride, unprdictable reliablity
By B-rad020 on 04/08/10 16:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my ZX3 brand new in May, '07. Loved it. Great on gas and heavy power for its engine size and rating. I could smoke many Cobalts and others in its class. Don't know about a Dodge Neon or Cobalt SS. Everything was awesome until about 7 months into ownership when it developed problems with the fuel system. When you'd fill up with gas it wouldn't want to crank. It was at the dealership I know of 8 times for this issue from the beginning of '08 to July '09 and the problem has recently recurred. I used to be a very big Ford fan recommending them to everybody. This ownership experience with this car and this dealership has put an end to that.

Went Downhill Fast
By NDO on 04/26/09 19:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I got this car less than two years ago brand new. We only use it for commuting to work so it has low mileage. It doesn't get the posted fuel economy.. 6 months ago it started shuddering at stops. They told us it was a transmission leak and supposedly fixed it. Two weeks ago it began dying at stops so they replaced a tranny gasket. Now only two weeks later, its shuddering, dying, and has a fast leak of transmission fluid puddling everywhere. We can smell it as we drive, too. Ford is putting a bandaid on a big hidden problem and we're thinking of trading this lemon in before the warranty is out and we're stuck replacing a transmission out of pocket.

Focus has gone way downhill
By hh on 04/10/09 07:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Focus. At 40K miles, the stock 6 CD player started draining the battery, causing me to need jumps as long as the main fuse allowed power to the radio/Cd. I spoke with Ford - not covered. Nearly new car, dying nightly, now working again only because I pulled the fuse. Ford is aware of the issue, but won't work it. This has soured me on Ford, and the Focus, and I won;t be buying another FMC product.

Love this car!
By Cocotinne on 04/05/09 17:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Over all, this is the best car I ever owned; once the back seats are folded, the trunk is so big, people dont believe what I put in it. I need space in the back and this car is perfect. I plan to keep it for a long time.

Great purchase
By joe h on 05/08/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had vehicle for almost a year. Vehicle has enough pep to get you around but isn't a sports car, so you shouldn't get into much trouble. Stores long items decently. Car doesn't get hot even while idling in the middle of summer with ac running.

Awesome little Peashooter!
By Luke on 08/04/07 10:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for a little over a month now and I love it! This is my first car that I bought. I picked this car because It was affordable and for some reason it had a more powerful engine then the Honda Civic which was 3000 dollars or more! I got really good deal and this car is very reliable and I will enjoy driving it for many years to come!

Revised Focus - One Month Later
By Ian on 04/20/07 10:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far, I'm one month into ownership of my '07 ZX3 SE. No major issues, however there have been fit and finish issues. One of the wheel nut covers from the hubcap flew off and the head restraints wouldn't stay up. The dealer has been excellent with resolving these issues. Overall, the interior feels cheaper than the old '02 Focus with regards to small details like the radio display. Otherwise, car is holding up well and I'm very happy with it. Long term reliability isn't promising. Let's hope Ford surprises me - My expectations are low.

Revised Focus
By Ian on 03/15/07 08:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After a trying three years of ownership with an 02 Focus, I decided to give it another go with an 07. I've had the car for a day so far. Performance is good, comfort is good, a very good value for the money. Long range reliability isn't promising, so get an extended warranty that covers more than powertrain - you won't regret it. My 02 was great until it 50k - it was all downhill for the last 22k miles of ownership with that car. With the 07's, the SE and SES are the best values if you want A/C.

07 Last of the Nimble Focus Hatchbacks
By Mojave_Explorer on 01/24/07 23:45 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The little ZX3 is not a Mazda 3 but it is its less expensive cousin with the almost same 2.0 engine less the vvt. Too bad that Ford is replacing the hatch back in 08 with a coupe, but maybe it will drive just as well. I am getting 25 mpg in town and on a trip across California and Arizona on the interstate, I got 30 mpg average on a 400 mile trip, and my ZX is an automatic. I have only had it for a few months but they have been trouble free, and Ford now has a 5 year 60K warranty just in case. It's a solid little car for the price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.