Used 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Extremely reliable.
By cdhghs

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus brand new in 2006 for business usage.
I drive an average of 10,000+ miles per month, having the oil change every 3,500 mi.
This car has been nothing but reliable for me and my business needs.
I have always been able to count on it to get me from coast to coast.
Minor wear and tear repairs are to be expected, as with any car.
The most costly repair I've had to get was a new fuel pump in the middle of 2010, and of course tires and brakes.
Other than that at 315,000+mi it's time to trade it in for a new Focus.
Thanks Ford!

Simplistic but not overly simplistic. Great stereo for a entry level car.

None that I can think of.

A Keeper
By marcopolo6

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 18,000 miles on it.
Had to replace water pump shortly after purchase (covered under warranty.) Airbag dash light comes on occasionally. Replaced left rear tail light bulb twice (so far.)
Tires needed replacement at about 25,000 miles.

Great gas mileage (33 mpg combination city and highway.) Fun to drive. Reliable. Comfortable cabin (I'm 6' and I'm comfortable in it.) Controls within easy reach. Able to load hatch with oversize items (when seats folded down.) Despite above mentioned problems, I love the car. It's solid and dependable and I hope to drive it at least 200,000 miles. Taking good care of it. Exterior styling has come back in the 2012 models. Timeless.

I've read other reviews about the airbag dash light (what's that all about?) Cup holders somewhat hard to reach. Also rear light bulbs burning out. Better tires.

The other lawrence
By lawrence

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own 2 foci a 2000 with 192,856 zx3& a 2004 wagon 116,743 both autos still on original engines and transmissions no major repairs I have used them both for a while as delivery cars the wagon could carry more. 35 mpg highway to the other Lawrence could it be how you drive but you did not spec your mileage except it was high. Wish you well in getting it sorted I am still waiting for the Focus rs 302 hp as usual the Europeans still get the better Focus.

yours,
the Lawrence

beating cars at red lights

head restraints change angle of forward tilt to more vertical

A great little car
By scenicdrive

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Works hard daily over a long commute with steep hills and rocky roads - and has never let me down. Was economical to purchase and much better gas mileage than advertised. This car is helping our family save and get through the economic downturn. No frills but a comfortable dependable car.

Stick shift is fun to drive and saves on brakes when driving steep and windy Highway 74.

It's a little squeaky on the dirt roads but I've gotten used to it.

Love this car!!!
By Jimbo`

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. The interior is a little plain compared to the Colbalt and stuff. But otherwise, this has been a great car. It now has over 55,000 miles on it, and is still running strong. I haven't had to replace a thing on this car. Its great for me. I just can't stop talking about it.

Good pick up, the gas is great, the interior doesn't stain easily, 4 cup holders, mp3 player

Interior is a little plain. (They fixed that for '08)