Used 2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Saved my Life
By mstack

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for just 19 days, but it saved my life. I got in an accident today and the cars safety systems went off without a hitch. I could not be more grateful for how the car responded to the crash, but me and my passenger both walked out of the vehicle with nothing bit a stinging arm from the air bag and a scraped shoulder from the seat belt. This car saved my life and my passengers life. It's safe, economical, and in the 19 days I had it, I loved it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat, but hopefully it held up enough so I can salvage the one I have.

Favorite Features

SAFETY, economical, sound system, extremely comfortable, good looking.

Suggested Improvements

It was my first car, I can't complain.

my foci
By my foci

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very satisfied I'm happy I bought this car, very quite comfortable ride, amazing gas mileage, style everything. Well done Ford.

Favorite Features

Quite, comfortable, gas mile age, style

Suggested Improvements

none

perille tires
By eliz3618

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

we leased a 2007 ford focus and returned it 2 weeks ago to purchase a 2009tord fusion. To our shock, we rec'd a bill from FMC stating we owe$600.00 for overuse of the perille tires. We have always leased, and never have we rec'd a bill for anything.,called other ford motor dealers and they stated the perille tires are only warranted for 1 yr..why is FMC putting tires on cars that they know in advance will not hold up.,we turned the car inw/31,000 miles, perille tire is suppose to be good for 40.000 miles. FMC is really shooting themselves in the foot because if we are forced to pay this, it will be the last ford we ever buy. what an insult to the consumer. tires were noisy & poor traction.

Favorite Features

we tried to call customer service regarding the perille tires and they tell us it is out of their hands and too bad. we have to pay it.

Suggested Improvements

Why make the customer pay for FMC's faults.,why put tires on that you know will not hold up. These tires were rotated as scheduled by a ford dealer in petoskey, mi., and they will not put the tires on their cars, poor performance. they told us this directly, too many complaints w/this perille tire.

Fun
By d-dave

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my daughter but find that I'm driving it more because it's fun to drive, nimble and great on fuel. Very unlike my first car, with moonroof, heated seats and CD player, it's a blast to drive and a terific value.

Favorite Features

Standard height-adjustable driver's seat

Suggested Improvements

A splitting second row seat.

Great for a smaller car
By Robin

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After driving a GMC Jimmy, the ride is much different and can't really be compared. For a small car, it is very fun to drive and it let's me pass the gas pumps giving good gas mileage. This model's standard features are great with it's leather seats, 6-CD stereo pkg with controls on the steering column and cruise as well as a sunroof. Telescopic steering wheel is great especially if you and your spouse are going to drive the vehicle - saves a lot of arguments! It has great handling and when I drive this car I feel like Mario Andretti! I would recommend this car to anyone looking to save dollars on gas and is a fun to drive car.

Favorite Features

Heated seats and mirrors, telescopic tilt steering, lots of power for a 4- cyl, great handling, 6-CD stereo system, sporty look, hatchback is fairly roomy and the fold-down rear seats are a bonus when you need to fit a little extra, cup holders in doors, tachometer, manual crank for seat height

Suggested Improvements

Low profile tires not good in snow and difficult to tell if they are low in air, must clear snow on wind deflector to open hatchback, could use more insulation as you can definitely hear the wind and road noise, needs much more storage compartments, back seat is not very roomy but it's a small car.