2007 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Saved my Life
By mstack on 05/21/10 20:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for just 19 days, but it saved my life. I got in an accident today and the cars safety systems went off without a hitch. I could not be more grateful for how the car responded to the crash, but me and my passenger both walked out of the vehicle with nothing bit a stinging arm from the air bag and a scraped shoulder from the seat belt. This car saved my life and my passengers life. It's safe, economical, and in the 19 days I had it, I loved it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat, but hopefully it held up enough so I can salvage the one I have.

my foci
By my foci on 03/25/10 19:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very satisfied I'm happy I bought this car, very quite comfortable ride, amazing gas mileage, style everything. Well done Ford.

perille tires
By eliz3618 on 04/09/09 10:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

we leased a 2007 ford focus and returned it 2 weeks ago to purchase a 2009tord fusion. To our shock, we rec'd a bill from FMC stating we owe$600.00 for overuse of the perille tires. We have always leased, and never have we rec'd a bill for anything.,called other ford motor dealers and they stated the perille tires are only warranted for 1 yr..why is FMC putting tires on cars that they know in advance will not hold up.,we turned the car inw/31,000 miles, perille tire is suppose to be good for 40.000 miles. FMC is really shooting themselves in the foot because if we are forced to pay this, it will be the last ford we ever buy. what an insult to the consumer. tires were noisy & poor traction.

Fun
By d-dave on 06/18/08 09:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my daughter but find that I'm driving it more because it's fun to drive, nimble and great on fuel. Very unlike my first car, with moonroof, heated seats and CD player, it's a blast to drive and a terific value.

Great for a smaller car
By Robin on 05/18/08 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After driving a GMC Jimmy, the ride is much different and can't really be compared. For a small car, it is very fun to drive and it let's me pass the gas pumps giving good gas mileage. This model's standard features are great with it's leather seats, 6-CD stereo pkg with controls on the steering column and cruise as well as a sunroof. Telescopic steering wheel is great especially if you and your spouse are going to drive the vehicle - saves a lot of arguments! It has great handling and when I drive this car I feel like Mario Andretti! I would recommend this car to anyone looking to save dollars on gas and is a fun to drive car.

I feel like I'm driving a go-kart.
By Mike on 09/25/07 13:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the car for about a month. Its fun to drive. It now has just over 1,500 miles on it. I had a Dodge Dakota before it. Its quite a change from having a large truck to got to something half that size.

Great value in a small car,
By Ryan on 12/10/06 21:29 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When gas prices looked like they wouldn't be headed below $3 per gallon last summer, I started looking for a more fuel-efficient car to replace my Saturn VUE. In the past year, I've had opportunities to drive several small cars (Focus, Civic, Mazda3) and midsizers (Fusion, Mazda6, Accord, G6, Maxima). In my book, the Focus and Mazda3 were at the top of the list where driving dynamics are concerned. Since I'm 6'3" tall, head and leg room are big considerations in a small car - - and the Focus fit me better than any other in the class. Add to that the incentives on the Focus and the fact that I live in a state (MI) that's rather dependent on Ford's business success, and the choice is made.

2007 Focus ZX5 SES
By patricki on 12/08/06 13:52 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased Oct. 2006 and have driven for about two months. Audiophile system rocks, moonroof is superb, ABS braking system is outstanding. Am getting about 26 - 35 mpg. Fun car to drive and extremely comfortable. Feel safer than ever with side airbags.

Second Focus
By Max H on 11/22/06 14:53 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2006 Focus, and previously owned a 2001. I drive two 2005 Corollas as fleet cars at work, and must say that I consider the Focuses better in absolutely every respect: fit and finish, handling, interior design -- in every way. I do not know where automotive writers get their biases from.

17 months later
By John Brophy on 11/03/06 09:39 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I leased this car because I was tired of using my Toyota Solara as a truck and I needed a vehicle for my many trips to Home Depot and did not feel the need for an SUV. I wanted something smaller that would serve my purposes. This Focus Hatchback has exceeded my expectations. It is fun to drive and the 4 cylinder Mazda engine is extremely quiet and it will haul you away from a stop that will leave other drivers wondering what's under the hood. I've carried a 6000 watt generator, 13x13 rolled rug, ladders, power tools and more shrubs, fertilizer and potting soil than I can count. The cargo area just swallows cargo.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.